Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: I will type you

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default I will type you.

    Anyone who is uncertain of their type lacks self-awareness and understanding.

    "What's my type?"
    "Can you type me?"
    "Type me please."
    "Type My Cats!"
    "I done test 5 times"

    I notice what all these pitiful statements have in common, that is: Looking outward.
    To know yourself, you gotta look inward. Think for yourself. Take responsibility, be willing to honestly look at yourself. That's where self-awareness is, inward!

    And as I promised in the title name, I type you as ignorant, unaware, irresponsible, but intelligent and capable human being. That's why I suggest you to do this:
    Study, Understand, Reflect, KNOW.

  2. #2
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,627
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    wait so are you going to type people or not?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    wait so are you going to type people or not?
    No, that was sarcasm.

  4. #4
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkworker View Post
    To know yourself, you gotta look inward.
    Extroverts don't do that, bro.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm sorry if anyone finds this irritating or offensive. My way of expressing myself is horrible and I'm working on this.
    You might perceive this as attacking or even hateful. This is not my intention.

  6. #6
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkworker View Post
    I'm sorry if anyone finds this irritating or offensive. My way of expressing myself is horrible and I'm working on this.
    You might perceive this as attacking or even hateful. This is not my intention.
    Feel free to borrow some of my posts until you get the hang of lighthearted and uplifting dialogue.

  7. #7
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's not enough to know oneself in order to know ones type. One has to study other people also so that one gets some kind of feeling or concept of what type is. Then one can go back to oneself.

    You have to look both outward and inward.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Extroverts don't do that, bro.
    I believe they are capable of self-awareness as much as introverts are. It might manifest differently though. In my mind "looking inward" and "looking at yourself" are synonyms. Extraverts might just have a different way of looking at themselves, but I believe they are capable of self-reflection and self-awareness as much as introverts are. I wish to believe it's a fair game.

  9. #9
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkworker View Post
    I'm sorry if anyone finds this irritating or offensive.
    I actually liked it. Most people probably click it and think "Yay, storytime again. About me." But then there's you telling openly what it's actually like to use the opinion of near-strangers for somthing that intimate and complex as personality analysis. Nice reality check.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkworker View Post
    but I believe they are capable of self-reflection and self-awareness as much as introverts are.
    Sure, I was joking.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  10. #10
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the advice. I never thought of this, but now that I know all the answers really are inside me I finally found out my cat's type is ILE.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,775
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you don't sound like a darkworker,darkworker
    unholy water sanguine addiction

  12. #12
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,627
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    it wasn't offensive, just preachy and boring.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    you don't sound like a darkworker,darkworker
    Why? I thought the post is evil enough.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    it wasn't offensive, just preachy and boring.
    I agree with you.

  15. #15
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    But then there's you telling openly what it's actually like to use the opinion of near-strangers for something that intimate and complex as personality analysis. Nice reality check.
    I don't think most people are that naive. Asking others for help doesn't mean they aren't aware of the limitations of online communication or that they can't judge whether what someone says about them makes sense or not. They might not know much about functions/IEs/types/younameit, and having other people analyse you and answer your questions can provide great help in learning about them. Plus people tend to be self-interested and it helps learning if you can somehow connect the things you're learning about to yourself and your own life. Putting much time and effort in reading tons of articles and descriptions alone about some random non-scientific personality theory that might not even work isn't usually very motivating.
    Last edited by willekeurig; 11-01-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

  16. #16
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    No, you just had indigestion. So much for looking inwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I don't think most people are that naive. Asking others for help doesn't mean they aren't aware of the limitations of online communication or that they can't judge whether what someone says about them makes sense or not. They might not much about functions/IEs/types/younameit, and having other people analyse you and answer your questions can provide great help in learning about those. Plus people tend to be self-interested and it helps learning if you can somehow connect the things you're learning about to yourself and your own life. Putting much time and effort in reading tons of articles and descriptions alone about some random non-scientific personality theory that might not even work easily isn't usually very motivating.
    Yes, and my post is so stupid.
    People are different, have different learning styles and motivations. Some just want to casually study socionics, learn their type and spend all their time socializing on the forum. Some are serious about it, are interested in self-discovery, deep understanding, self-development, and they occasionally they get in a state of exalted arrogance and create thread "I will type you."

  18. #18
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkworker View Post
    Yes, and my post is so stupid.
    Yes, that is my personal opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkworker View Post
    People are different, have different learning styles and motivations.
    Yet you typed all the people that ask others for help as "ignorant, unaware and irresponsible" for not using your preferred methods.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkworker View Post
    Some just want to casually study socionics, learn their type and spend all their time socializing on the forum. Some are serious about it, are interested in self-discovery, deep understanding, self-development, and they occasionally they get in a state of exalted arrogance and create thread "I will type you."
    In the OP you were talking about how people make threads to get others to type them, not about people who make threads to type others. I don't see how people spending time differently on the forum is relevant to the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

  19. #19
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What those statements also have in common is a general trend toward ignorance in the individual expressing them.

    We are all noobs once and admonishing others for this perceived slight is ill advised.
    Easy Day

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    Yes, that is my personal opinion.



    Yet you typed all the people that ask others for help as "ignorant, unaware and irresponsible" for not using your preferred methods.



    In the OP you were talking about how people make threads to get others to type them, not about people who make threads to type others. I don't see how people spending time differently on the forum is relevant to the topic.
    I am sad because you failed to understand me.

  21. #21
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkworker View Post
    I am sad because you failed to understand me.
    I'm sorry, didn't intend to.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

  22. #22
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,627
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    What those statements also have in common is a general trend toward ignorance in the individual expressing them.

    We are all noobs once and admonishing others for this perceived slight is ill advised.
    I didn't see them being admonished for being a noob. Maybe you shouldn't read between the lines so much.

  23. #23
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I didn't see them being admonished for being a noob. Maybe you shouldn't read between the lines so much.
    Are we being serious right now? This forum doesn't have a golf clap emoticon? I guess I'll just have to settle for; touche.
    Easy Day

  24. #24
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,627
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Are we being serious right now? This forum doesn't have a golf clap emoticon? I guess I'll just have to settle for; touche.
    well you want to get up on some kind of speil about whats right for everyone, be nice to the noobs guys! ignoring any actual personal implications or the fact that people might actually be bothered by him coming in and presumptuously taking aim at people. not v. gamma.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    You heard that, korpsey? Be nice to people and lick them when they come in.

  26. #26
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    inb4 op makes a "type me" thread

  27. #27
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If the theory itself is as steady as polonium, it is unreasonable to assume any firm typings.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  28. #28
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    If the theory itself is as steady as polonium, it is unreasonable to assume any firm typings.
    words to live by

  29. #29
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    well you want to get up on some kind of speil about whats right for everyone, be nice to the noobs guys! ignoring any actual personal implications or the fact that people might actually be bothered by him coming in and presumptuously taking aim at people. not v. gamma.
    I wouldn't call it being nice so much as advocating a progressive attitude.
    Easy Day

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought people are unstable as polonium, not the theory, that is, the moment one actually starts radiating no theory is going to keep you stable if you're already are unstable.

  31. #31

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    pic
    That coming from a Hitta-looking guy sure made crap. Why don't tell your alleged identical, Darkworker, how socionics actually ought to be done - all I see right now and did see before was you and now him, screeching and scratching the surface with your claws how it supposedly wrong, and the same time compiling lists of your duals.
    Last edited by Absurd; 11-01-2012 at 09:12 PM.

  33. #33
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    wait so are you going to type people or not?
    LOL

    I saw a very lovely ESI on the train today. She was with her friend and they were speaking French and speaking about two adorable twins within their vicinity.

  34. #34
    FZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kiev
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkworker View Post
    Anyone who is uncertain of their type lacks self-awareness and understanding.

    "What's my type?"
    "Can you type me?"
    "Type me please."
    "Type My Cats!"
    "I done test 5 times"

    I notice what all these pitiful statements have in common, that is: Looking outward.
    To know yourself, you gotta look inward. Think for yourself. Take responsibility, be willing to honestly look at yourself. That's where self-awareness is, inward!

    And as I promised in the title name, I type you as ignorant, unaware, irresponsible, but intelligent and capable human being. That's why I suggest you to do this:
    Study, Understand, Reflect, KNOW.

    I agree here. In my opinion everybody is capable of typing himself and it's not that hard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •