Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What is Fi? Specially in case of four and two dimensional ego types?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

    Default What is Fi? Specially in case of four and two dimensional ego types?

    Long I have been afraid of my feelings. Specially Fi, but it's a useful function. It is philosophical and deals with getting yourself purified from your sins, a way to inner peace with yourself and the world, undestanding where you come from, nurturing and connecting deeply with other people and the world. Fi is a result of psychotherapy, becoming in contact with your complexes, discovering your feelings, understanding how relationships work. At least I understand it so. Can others explain more about this? I wish to make it stronger to get better relationships with others. Feel welcome to share your knowledge.

  2. #2
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm Fi and I don't have words for how happily I'd welcome a pause form "being in contact with my complexes" and "discovering my feelings". Also, relationships seem to suck mostly, no matter which type you are. That's why they're called relationshits. Go get some Ti or Te, those things can actually be useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

  3. #3
    Creepy-female

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I'm Fi and I don't have words for how happily I'd welcome a pause form "being in contact with my complexes" and "discovering my feelings". Also, relationships seem to suck mostly, no matter which type you are. That's why they're called relationshits. Go get some Ti or Te, those things can actually be useful.

  4. #4
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Basyl View Post
    Long I have been afraid of my feelings. Specially Fi, but it's a useful function. It is philosophical and deals with getting yourself purified from your sins, a way to inner peace with yourself and the world, undestanding where you come from, nurturing and connecting deeply with other people and the world. Fi is a result of psychotherapy, becoming in contact with your complexes, discovering your feelings, understanding how relationships work. At least I understand it so. Can others explain more about this? I wish to make it stronger to get better relationships with others. Feel welcome to share your knowledge.
    In order for Fi to establish high morals, they do have to emotionally, mentally, psychologically cleanse, yes. In order to be what we are perpetually, which is like a psychologist to our loved ones, we have to process and cleans to not be so heavy in the heart, to suppress a lot of redundant emotions that arise through interchange of information between ourselves and others; to carry that stuff within us, requires a quiet MONK like behavior, but a courage like a knight is never shy.

    We already know how we feel about things and how relationships work; this isn't something we have to come to understand. What we have a difficult time understanding is why people do certain things (or are doing); can't they see what we see? Actions are very important to Fi type; probably more important that blabbering away about what it is that you believe; if actions don't match what you say, that is inconsistent and highly devalues the individual to us.

    Fi is a function that is in touch with the person's own feelings, judgments about things around them, not just any judgements though, the kind that involves ethics of relationships; how things should be treated, from an idealized and idealistic perspective. For example, last night I went bat shit on Ashton for what I thought was ethically immoral of him to assume that he could confidently identify an idea, an explored idea about what caused homosexuality. I did this because my ethics is such that if I see an idea is potenialy harmful, from either rumors being passed around about it, or people supporting it, then what it does is potentially put homosexual people is an awkward and unjust position to have to defend themselves against YET another thing and it doesn't let people be, be normal, live and just be accepted. To give them what we all should have and enjoy which is civil rights. That is my value as a humanist, those are my thoughts and because of them I find it highly incapable to live quietly, to live unresponsively, to not allow myself to not give support, love, consideration, to others (especially those who are the underdogs of the world), thus I'm compelled to react, to take things to heart, to gather courage and love like a good knight and off to the road I go and I usually go alone. But you can see that this feeling and other feelings I have about so many other things sit at my core and judge the external world by and react to the external world by them, creating relationship between myself and everything around me, at least everything that I see, if I'm not in my head just exploring dreams or day dreaming.

    Read Dostoevsky, you will see how often he oscillates between facts and emotional expression of people's character and actions. For example he judges the father, Fyodor, for his lack of prudence, for his lack of care for the way he takes care of his family. These are the values the author holds and through his character, as the narrator, he expresses his reaction.

    We are called HEAVY humanitarians or Humanists because these concepts that we have of morality, right and wrong, are most often judge human action. Although our love and kindness extends generously to animals and to the environment. But our first love is for mankind, for people, we want to see them taken care of well, to be treated lovingly for everyone to know their place in terms of how they should behave that will establish greater peace. The other aspect of my humanitarian/humanism is my generosity of gifts, helping in whatever way I can, to people. This is the altruistic nature of my type.

    I don't know what you mean by demential ego type. Conceptually, I'm thinking you're saying: are we this way ALL the time, no, but it's a typical orientation, and yes it's a lot of the time, much more so than the average human being.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-01-2012 at 03:55 PM.

  5. #5
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,338
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some ideas for the OP who wishes to make his/her Fi stronger, off the top of my head (so could probably use some editing, adding, etc):

    Towards 2D Fi rules/norms - become aware of things, people, events, ideas which you are consistently attacted to, and which consistently push you away. Which of these are nonnegotiable? Which of these were developed on your own, and which were ingrained into you by the teachings and moral codes of your environment? (environment includes people, institutions, advertising, stories you hear/see including tv, movies, etc etc) What are the expectations of your different environments, and how well do those align with your expectations for yourself? 2D Fi implies 1D Fe - are you aware that other people have emotions? They obviously react to you or react to other things. If you want to improve your Fi, then start paying attention to other people's reactions. Maybe start with some of the people who are regularly in your life, or who you would like to be in your life more. Ask yourself (and them) the same questions from above. What are they attracted to? Did they like something or dislike it? What values of theirs are nonnegotiable? Etc etc. Start getting used to talking and thinking about these things, and feelings, and sharing personal experiences, etc.

    Towards 3D Fi situational - as you discovered which attractions/repulsions/expectations you relatively consistently had, which of those, and others are negotiable? Under what conditions are they negotiable? What kind of context has you attracted to one thing, person, event, idea, but in another context pushes you away? When you're making decisions, utilize your values for/against something. 3D Fi implies 4D Fe - but since you're building up your skills, start finding answers to these same kinds of questions, but for people other than yourself.

    Towards 4D Fi - global/developmental - Now you're familiar with working with your values, seeing how they guide you, seeing how other people use their own values, talking about values and feelings and likes and dislikes and personal experiences etc. Now start asking "Why?" Why do you like that? What have you experienced that may have led up to those values? Delve into your history, but not just your own. If you learned a value from your mother, what led her to developing that value herself? What are the stories people tell about what led them to making a particular decision? What stories do You tell about your own decisions? When people talk about their stories, are you able to anticipate how their story will end? Can you anticipate how you'll feel about something in the near future? 5 years from now? Has it changed much since 1-5 years ago? If there's been a change, what changed, and how, and why? 3D Fi has variable and context related values, and so are more likely to fluctuate easier than 4D Fi. 4D Fi would be much more consistent and grounded by their values. As such, there's not much further desire to pay attention as much to other people's values, interests, attraction/repulsions, etc. 3D Fe is 4D Fi's Ignoring Element/Function. Their values will still influence you, and you'll still keep them in mind when needed (3D Fe now being a situational/contextual element), and sometimes you'll ask people questions about themselves, about their values, etc. You'll still be doing much of the same things you did to build up to this point, but they won't be as important to your 4D development/maintenance as they were in getting you to this point.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  6. #6
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    In order for Fi to establish high morals, they do have to emotionally, mentally, psychologically cleanse, yes. In order to be what we are perpetually, which is like a psychologist to our loved ones, we have to process and cleans to not be so heavy in the heart, to suppress a lot of redundant emotions that arise through interchange of information between ourselves and others; to carry that stuff within us, requires a quiet MONK like behavior, but a courage like a knight is never shy.

    We already know how we feel about things and how relationships work; this isn't something we have to come to understand. What we have a difficult time understanding is why people do certain things (or are doing); can't they see what we see? Actions are very important to Fi type; probably more important that blabbering away about what it is that you believe; if actions don't match what you say, that is inconsistent and highly devalues the individual to us.

    Fi is a function that is in touch with the person's own feelings, judgments about things around them, not just any judgements though, the kind that involves ethics of relationships; how things should be treated, from an idealized and idealistic perspective. For example, last night I went bat shit on Ashton for what I thought was ethically immoral of him to assume that he could confidently identify an idea, an explored idea about what caused homosexuality. I did this because my ethics is such that if I see an idea is potenialy harmful, from either rumors being passed around about it, or people supporting it, then what it does is potentially put homosexual people is an awkward and unjust position to have to defend themselves against YET another thing and it doesn't let people be, be normal, live and just be accepted. To give them what we all should have and enjoy which is civil rights. That is my value as a humanist, those are my thoughts and because of them I find it highly incapable to live quietly, to live unresponsively, to not allow myself to not give support, love, consideration, to others (especially those who are the underdogs of the world), thus I'm compelled to react, to take things to heart, to gather courage and love like a good knight and off to the road I go and I usually go alone. But you can see that this feeling and other feelings I have about so many other things sit at my core and judge the external world by and react to the external world by them, creating relationship between myself and everything around me, at least everything that I see, if I'm not in my head just exploring dreams or day dreaming.

    Read Dostoevsky, you will see how often he oscillates between facts and emotional expression of people's character and actions. For example he judges the father, Fyodor, for his lack of prudence, for his lack of care for the way he takes care of his family. These are the values the author holds and through his character, as the narrator, he expresses his reaction.

    We are called HEAVY humanitarians or Humanists because these concepts that we have of morality, right and wrong, are most often judge human action. Although our love and kindness extends generously to animals and to the environment. But our first love is for mankind, for people, we want to see them taken care of well, to be treated lovingly for everyone to know their place in terms of how they should behave that will establish greater peace. The other aspect of my humanitarian/humanism is my generosity of gifts, helping in whatever way I can, to people. This is the altruistic nature of my type.

    I don't know what you mean by demential ego type. Conceptually, I'm thinking you're saying: are we this way ALL the time, no, but it's a typical orientation, and yes it's a lot of the time, much more so than the average human being.

  7. #7
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Basyl View Post
    Long I have been afraid of my feelings. Specially Fi, but it's a useful function. It is philosophical and deals with getting yourself purified from your sins, a way to inner peace with yourself and the world, undestanding where you come from, nurturing and connecting deeply with other people and the world. Fi is a result of psychotherapy, becoming in contact with your complexes, discovering your feelings, understanding how relationships work. At least I understand it so. Can others explain more about this? I wish to make it stronger to get better relationships with others. Feel welcome to share your knowledge.
    Define Fi briefly.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I hardly see what's so objectionable about referencing the idea that homosexuality may serve as a useful evolutionary adaptation for a variety of different reasons, that prevalence of homosexuality occurs among many animal species at rates similar to humans, and that occurrence of homosexuality may be in part regulated by epigenetic factors as postulated here and here.

    Scientific inquiry into the human condition or other aspects of the universe should never be constrained for fear of yielding answers that might upset the feelings of some people. Holding science hostage to a religion of political correctness is not acceptable.

    I'm quite confident that science has done far more to uplift the human race from oppressive blights of ignorance and misery, than any self-anointed 'humanitarians' like yourself have done or will ever do.

    I'm also inclined to believe that if homosexuality were reconciled as an integral phenomenon of the natural world—rather than being cast as a mere anomaly or 'aberration of nature' as it's commonly construed now—that this would actually go a long way towards facilitating the kind of acceptance and tolerance you claim to seek.
    I don't mind science exploring ideas, what I mind is people taking one information and holding it as the "truth" or "the answer" when it's not or encouraging, directly or indirectly, others to see the studies as "the truth" or "the answer."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •