Thread: Illumicorp

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Illumicorp

I stumbled upon this obviously fake, but interesting satirical video. I'm curious to hear your opinion on it after you have watched the full video.

*Disclaimer: I neither believe nor disbelieve this video in its entirety.*
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet another consequential product of that holy edifice: Freedom of Speech. Imbecilic garbage that reinforces, and takes advantage of, the political apathy and superstitious ignorance of working people.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Rob View Post
    Yet another consequential product of that holy edifice: Freedom of Speech. Imbecilic garbage that reinforces, and takes advantage of, the political apathy and superstitious ignorance of working people.
    Maybe, what parts of the video did you find truthful and what parts of it were complete nonsense? Imo, I found it was a mixture of both truth and lies like most of these kind of videos tend to be. Distinguishing between the two is when critical thinking comes in and finding a balance between gullibility and skepticism is the key to discovering the truth.
    Last edited by Raver; 11-02-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Illumicorp is anything like Scientology I bet they are pissed that this video made it to the internet.
    Easy Day

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    If Illumicorp is anything like Scientology I bet they are pissed that this video made it to the internet.
    Haha, well Illumicorp doesn't exist. It's just a fake corporation that's supposed to represent the Illuminati.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Haha, well Illumicorp doesn't exist, it's just a fake corporation that's supposed to represent the Illuminati.
    *chuckles* I dunno man, I've been pretty infotained by this video...
    Easy Day

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link, Raver.. I found it very interesting and quite well done.

My opinion on the content/concept is that people like to put a face, body and/or name on complex systems in order to better understand and predict behaviors. In a nutshell, religion can often times be seen as a form of this- by taking all the laws of nature, balances, cycles, wonders of life and giving them a name/being to encapsulate all those complex systems that follow a certain order.

In my experience, the "illuminati" is much the same thing... giving a name, face or body to something that is alternatively just a collection of complex systems following a pattern of order or direction.

One policy/rule of nature is the bell-curve. The greatest majority lies in the middle, with relatively few on either end. On the high end, you usually find those disgruntled with the power of numbers (but not in rationality) of the middle, and in the middle you usually find those disgruntled by those at the top for reasons of jealousy or their own ineptitude.

I never saw The Federal Reserve as some big conspiracy but instead what happens when the end of the bell-curve became tired of market volatility once markets went public. Suddenly those in the middle or low-end of the bell-curve could influence markets and investments, but only in numbers. Twenty people with a dollar to invest could overpower one man with $15 to invest. Any kind of constructed manipulation could and was being orchestrated by manipulating the massive middle. Suddenly, the 1% discovered that any one of them could stab the other by swaying that big middle. Many panics in the late 1800's and early 1900's were orchestrated precisely to illustrate this capability. Thus was born the Federal Reserve, mainly to stabilize this tampering, but also to funnel rewards (i.e. power) from the (then ruling simply by numbers) middle.

When you take nature's bell curves, and humanity's need to have stability, control and greed... you see these patterns all over the world and at every level. I do not believe it's even possible for some ruling overlords/body to pull this off and they wouldn't need to... much like how various types of carrion eaters, parasites and decomposition bacteria magically "appear" when something dies in the wild. There isn't some master dispatch center that radios in all these elements to swoop on the corpse- it's just nature and it's patterns.

These natures are inherent in human beings and you would predict precisely the kinds of things we have seen. The video is simply creating a tool (i.e. the "illuminai" mythos) .. or a name/label/body on this set of phenomenon so as the mainstream might better understand it. The last thing a very smart, capable and hard working person wants is for 10 dumb, incapable, lazy people to mooch or otherwise steal the rewards of his efforts or disposition... so what we have are natural reactions to these balances and precisely what one would expect in such a natural system.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    Thanks for the link, Raver.. I found it very interesting and quite well done.

My opinion on the content/concept is that people like to put a face, body and/or name on complex systems in order to better understand and predict behaviors. In a nutshell, religion can often times be seen as a form of this- by taking all the laws of nature, balances, cycles, wonders of life and giving them a name/being to encapsulate all those complex systems that follow a certain order.

In my experience, the "illuminati" is much the same thing... giving a name, face or body to something that is alternatively just a collection of complex systems following a pattern of order or direction.

One policy/rule of nature is the bell-curve. The greatest majority lies in the middle, with relatively few on either end. On the high end, you usually find those disgruntled with the power of numbers (but not in rationality) of the middle, and in the middle you usually find those disgruntled by those at the top for reasons of jealousy or their own ineptitude.

I never saw The Federal Reserve as some big conspiracy but instead what happens when the end of the bell-curve became tired of market volatility once markets went public. Suddenly those in the middle or low-end of the bell-curve could influence markets and investments, but only in numbers. Twenty people with a dollar to invest could overpower one man with $15 to invest. Any kind of constructed manipulation could and was being orchestrated by manipulating the massive middle. Suddenly, the 1% discovered that any one of them could stab the other by swaying that big middle. Many panics in the late 1800's and early 1900's were orchestrated precisely to illustrate this capability. Thus was born the Federal Reserve, mainly to stabilize this tampering, but also to funnel rewards (i.e. power) from the (then ruling simply by numbers) middle.

When you take nature's bell curves, and humanity's need to have stability, control and greed... you see these patterns all over the world and at every level. I do not believe it's even possible for some ruling overlords/body to pull this off and they wouldn't need to... much like how various types of carrion eaters, parasites and decomposition bacteria magically "appear" when something dies in the wild. There isn't some master dispatch center that radios in all these elements to swoop on the corpse- it's just nature and it's patterns.

These natures are inherent in human beings and you would predict precisely the kinds of things we have seen. The video is simply creating a tool (i.e. the "illuminai" mythos) .. or a name/label/body on this set of phenomenon so as the mainstream might better understand it. The last thing a very smart, capable and hard working person wants is for 10 dumb, incapable, lazy people to mooch or otherwise steal the rewards of his efforts or disposition... so what we have are natural reactions to these balances and precisely what one would expect in such a natural system.
    You're welcome Finale and thanks for the response. Yes, I agree with what you're saying here. Like the idea that extremely rich powerful people happen to have secret meetings to discuss their plans is no more a conspiracy then the fact that union blue collar workers meet up regularly to discuss issues pertaining to them. Also just like you mentioned, often natural effects of human nature or mother nature are exacerbated into mysterious powerful causes with a negative overtone due to their allure. This possibly could explain this and other conspiracy theories that tend to be either skeptically dismissed or credulously accepted.
    Last edited by Raver; 11-03-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Illuminati actually covertly hires conspiracy theorists for two reasons. They eat credibility of their statement and they get good ideas for conspiring.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Illuminati actually covertly hires conspiracy theorists for two reasons. They eat credibility of their statement and they get good ideas for conspiring.
    I get that. Conspiring ideas are a finite resource, you have to spend money to replenish them. It's the law.
    Easy Day

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that. Conspiring ideas are a finite resource, you have to spend money to replenish them. It's the law.
    Well, if your faction controls the Hollywood, military complex, CIA, Lady Gaga and the Federal Reserve you can spend some money. The lowest levels of Maslow's hierarchy of needs can easily be organized with money and these people would then gain better resources to build up onto self-actualization, even if that is manifested as a wild-goose chase in the internet blog front.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have it saved on my computer, and I thought I posted it here a few months ago, when I posted a bunch of conspiracy videos.

I think it would be a great cut scene in the mid-point of a video game.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

One would think that if the members of this group have achieved 'enlightenment' as their name purports that they would see that there is no sense in the idea of global government and would occupy themselves with matters other than trying to re-enact 1984.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were enlightened as to control others, not to control themselves.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    One would think that if the members of this group have achieved 'enlightenment' as their name purports that they would see that there is no sense in the idea of global government and would occupy themselves with matters other than trying to re-enact 1984.
    The enlightment refers to their enlightment about the true nature of the powers that be. All that most of us have is lots of theories thrown in to confuse us. If you are looking for a conspiracy, you'll probably find one but it's likely a one which They used to mislead you further.

There's no reason to re-enact 1984 as the New World Order isn't based on an Orwellian censorship but in an overflow of information where truth is hidden in a sea of irrelevant information about Honey Boo Boo, Big Brother and Jersey Shore. Running a police state in the time of internet is very expensive and tedious while running Fox News, MTV and so on is lucrative and rarely questioned in the freedom we live in.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe in the illuminati, but I do believe in a conspiracy of the rich. I don't think they're going to gas all the christians and the draconians are going to retake the planet but I do think the rich team up and conspire to shape the way in which countries function.

Why wouldn't they? Why wouldn't the heads of all the central banks get together for golf once a year?

"I'm starting to run out of money"
    "oh, here you can borrow some of mine if you pay me back. I owe you from last time anyway."
    "Thanks, What are we gonna do about this?"
    "Idunno, people are starting to lose faith in money as we know it."
    "How do we fix that?"

@Finale... awesome post. You articulated very well what I couldn't. Its all a natural process. You have the feeler personalities (and other types) who are out supporting occupy wallstreet and generally have no knowledge of economics but somehow feel that their togetherness is more morally correct than the rich they oppose. You have the economics savy thinker personalities all huddled together in outpost whiskey wondering how they're going to survive against the coming hoard of envy, and it all plays out rather scientifically. The united states is going to turn into south africa at some point (with zero middle class and a lot of jealous poor people), I wonder what stage comes after south africa? The french revolution?

found this with google
    The Cycle of Civilization
    Man begins his existence in bondage, and rises:
    from bondage through spiritual faith,
    from spiritual faith to courage,
    from courage to liberty,
    from liberty to abundance,
    from abundance to selfishness,
    from selfishness to complacency,
    from complacency to apathy,
    from apathy to dependency,
    from dependency back into bondage.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 11-06-2012 at 10:41 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

society/system was created by Jew Sages ( @HaveLucidDreamz ) to control the masses.

think of your self as something that can never be destroyed or taken away from you. It's pure narcissism. The more you explore the more you know things and know how they FEEL to you, and it has nothing to do with what anybody else is doing... or the external limits of science. it is why hollywood art is the highest thing in the world and why the 'jews own the media.'

Jew Sages know that empathy is overrated, but also people adore it, so Hollywood is filled with funny sugary aw shucks cuteness and snappy bitchy quotes.

anyways this self is so strong, because YOU - even as a middle class goyim, you yourself could create a trend like Beanie Babies or My Little Pony or 16types adventures (cough) or anything that has an audience. You just have to try. But it also feels good to be the receiver, to just take.....

anyway how do you gauge all this? You can't... I think that's the point. You can't just jam it up in all one system.... so the powerful continue to explore and think of something that will WHOAAAOWW the people watching, and like people just living more mundane lives want to be shocked. and yeah there's competition to simply..... fill your inner world with the most shit etc. but here's the real challenge: How much can we fill our inner worlds while also being giving to others, while also coming across as genuinely charitable and compassionate. i don't know there aren't any easy answers to that question. =p

Creepy-male

Hey ( @BulletsAndDoves ) -- thanks for the mention

I personally think the Illuminati isn't real but conceptually the video is sort of valuable in that it expresses the spirit or feeling of being manipulated/exploited by those in power and it does so in a culturally relevant way (big business etc). In real life though the reason I think an Illuminati doesn't exist and can't exist is because real power is held in checks and balances. One person may have psychological dominance over people in terms of making them feel inspired or guilty like a church traditionally would have -- they may have power in terms of having supporters which they inspire and guilting detractors. Another person may have physical might or power traditionally in terms of weapons, military, or force. Finally another may have power over sex appeal, or power in wealth, business, and industry. There are several types of power, even more than those I casually mentioned -- but they are all held in checks and balances. If I wanted to use raw force and military might so dominate the globe, I'd be forced to deal with industry -- assuming that I can't single handedly build a war machine that means working with business -- I'd have to give some business man what he wants-- say money. This need for money to fuel my war campaign would be a check that would equalize the balance of power, with that money that business man could buy off another person with an army to undermine me. Psychologically like in medieval times there is also a check and balance psychology has on people, kings couldn't march on certain people or places because it would incite the wrath of the church, they were force to maintain some decorum of "holiness" to appease the church -- this forced them to go on crusades and other errands they could care less about, but it gave the church the ability to transfer their psychological power into physical reality and it gave the physical power of a king's army psychological backing by convincing the soldier and common man they were backed by "god". The modern world is no different, everyone powerful has everyone else in checks and balances. There is no single human being that can rise to the top unchecked and if they do, their actions will disturb the balance of the power dynamics and create consequences and a backlash.

I think the video expresses the current state of the powerful in society and their values. The system of business for example is a result of the checks and balances of modern society. People want to consume things and live materialistically comfortable lives in which they somewhat have the ability to climb the ladder and make more money to live more materialistically comfortably. This means businesses can achieve power through the acquisition and control of material resources that are valued by consumers. The reason why say, some forms of niche marketing is so successful although it is ridiculously exploitative is because there are little real checks to it. Most people operate on the wavelength of consuming things with little skeptical thought into the possibility they are being exploited using "hype" or a "trend" to make money. The people who realize this are in the minority and seem bitter, foreign, and/or crazy to those in the mainstream. There are little checks presently to this form of exploitation, and so one is able to gain power through such means-- although exploitative. Although over time one would assume people would catch on and a check or balance would arise.

So another thing to keep in mind is the term... power in checks and balances I feel like will naturally cause things to progress positively in the long term if the friction/stress/strain isn't too great to wipe out the species in some massive conflict. However in the short term, say in one's lifetime, one has to realistically gauge the state of who has who in check and what is valued to intelligently circum-navigate the power dynamics of life. Sadly intellect really isn't that highly valued (from what I see), sex, consumerism, entertainment, and mediocrity seems to be the present values and who has the most power in my opinion in this era is the businessman. Business controls major aspects of political power and prison/military system which express the primal force of society. Business also controls the media which is the new present form of "psychological power" that the church used to serve, even present day evangelical churches are on the same wavelength of promotion through entertainment, media, and news as well as promoting material based success. It's a consumerist era where the positives are there is more abundance and material wealth and mobility to obtain material things than ever before in society -- but the negatives are it has made people more vapid and easily exploited by business.

This is why I think "Illumnicorp" is an accurate portrayal of a fictional entity of power, the actual entity is no exclusive group of people-- but rather the current state of social checks and balances we find ourselves in. Hopefully people will wise up to things intellectually in the long term and find better ways of doing things -- but I wouldn't hold my breath, nor do I think conspiracy theorists really help the progression of intellectual acceptance of such things -- as they tend to alienate people from a more realistic understanding of the problem.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is why I think "Illumnicorp" is an accurate portrayal of a fictional entity of power, the actual entity is no exclusive group of people-- but rather the current state of social checks and balances we find ourselves in. Hopefully people will wise up to things intellectually in the long term and find better ways of doing things -- but I wouldn't hold my breath, nor do I think conspiracy theorists really help the progression of intellectual acceptance of such things -- as they tend to alienate people from a more realistic understanding of the problem.
    omg yes so true. Like a lot of the youtube videos meant to 'wake people up' do nothing but scare people back into their little caves. If you want to help the human race imnsho you have to make people tranquil and at ease, like help them with the more realistic nuances of things. They are way too emotional and they just invoke fear into people.