Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green tea

Creepy-female

Default Green tea

Last edited by female; 07-09-2015 at 09:48 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

all if not most teas are diuretics, they lower your blood pressure steering you away from hypertension.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer green tea to black tea, but I don't drink it regularly so I don't know about any health benefits.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i bought a package after hearing about the benefits but i tried it once and then it ended up sitting on the top of my fridge for a couple of years. if i were to try it again i would add a bunch of sugar or honey or something but that seems counter to the purpose. i've never been a fan of tea, though.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dicth tea and coffee, water is alright. Unless you're suffering from some kind of mild medical problems, go ahread. Marijuana works fine for those as well.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    So I've been reading a little about green tea lately, and it's supposed to have a load of health benefits. Do any of you have a thing for green tea?
    I drink green tea every morning. My favorite is green tea with either spearmint leaves (Morrocan style) or jasmine flowers (common in China and Japan). Make sure to get loose leaf tea. It steeps much better, isn't as astringent, and has more antioxidants.

I find it helps with my morning anxiety for some reason, especially the jasmine kind. I know some guys swear it helps with recovering after a workout. I haven't noticed any health benefits, but then I'm pretty healthy anyway and it seems not to have done me any harm at any rate. Avoid putting milk in your tea, whether it is black, green, or white. The fat and proteins in the milk make the antioxidants much harder for your body to access, from what I've read.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't mind Sencha brewed ridiculously stongly sometimes, but for the most part green teas are too delicate and grassy for me. It definitely helps to add jasmine and mint as Super Baby mentioned and sometimes I'll add ginger too. But I still prefer Pu-ehr and Oolong as a halfway house between black and green teas, as they're richer/more floral in taste (though not quite as full of antioxidants).

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Like everything it has side effects - so drink up your insomnia after.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drink on average 3 cups of green and herbal tea per day.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wish I enjoyed green tea, or tea in general. I only like that lipton white tea stuff.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I've been reading a little about green tea lately, and it's supposed to have a load of health benefits. Do any of you have a thing for green tea?
    I love green tea... the way it tastes...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    all if not most teas are diuretics, they lower your blood pressure steering you away from hypertension.
    Untrue. Green or black tea (unless decaffeinated) contains some degree of caffeine which yes is a diuretic but also serves to increase heart rate as well as blood pressure.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm big on black tea but can't say there are noticeable effects from it other than caffeination and diuresis, or smelling like a spiced cookie.

Wow, you must indeed be *very* sensitive to caffeine. You can always build up a tolerance if you enjoy the tea....

I've been drinking copious amounts of green tea every day for years... to the point that it's sort of a joke and people give me new kinds as gifts. I can't say for sure what health effects it has had, but as for anecdotal evidence re: the blood pressure debate, I am the only one in my immediate family who has healthy blood pressure (110/70 last time it was checked, and that was in a stressful situation and after months of having only walking and very occasional weight training as exercise) even though my brother is younger than I am and more physically fit in other ways.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Untrue. Green or black tea (unless decaffeinated) contains some degree of caffeine which yes is a diuretic but also serves to increase heart rate as well as blood pressure.
    Oh my dear, I'll always have you to supervise me. To correct my REALISTIC knowledge and perception of things. It's not like you're going to overlook it when the opportunity arises.

It's really not expected OF you to approach me any other way. One such way of course is "Maritsa, does this only pertain to decaf or caffeinated tea?" In which case I would have noticed my error in an indirect and LOVING way, through Ne. No my dear I can ALWAYS count on you to be so direct about your facts.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my dear, I'll always have you to supervise me. To correct my REALISTIC knowledge and perception of things. It's not like you're going to overlook it when the opportunity arises.

It's really not expected OF you to approach me any other way. One such way of course is "Maritsa, does this only pertain to decaf or caffeinated tea?" In which case I would have noticed my error in an indirect and LOVING way, through Ne. No my dear I can ALWAYS count on you to be so direct about your facts.
    Ho-ly shit. Maritsa calm down.
    Not everything everyone says is a personal attack, this included.
    And just cause someone proves you wrong doesn't mean you are supervised by them.

Edit: Also, WA is a doctor...so she probably is used to expressing these sorts of things in a matter-of-fact way. I'm certain there was no intention of making you feel threatened Maritsa. You didn't even need to respond to her post.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Ho-ly shit. Maritsa calm down.
    Not everything everyone says is a personal attack, this included.
    And just cause someone proves you wrong doesn't mean you are supervised by them.
    It's in the way she approaches me. To her it may seem completely delicate and normal but to me, it hits me on my PoLR and she's too dumb to get that, even after I put her on ignore. The moral of this is if she thought I was incorrect, she could have done it delicately, which is make a post after me and not quote me, saying "I'm a medical doctor and from my education, I find that caffeine in such and such does have an effect on the heart. " But NO. she quotes ME.
    -

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's in the way she approaches me.
    See the edit I made.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    See the edit I made.
    see the one I made
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have a chinese colleague who brewed loose green tea all morning.

Best part of that job.

It's in the way she approaches me. To her it may seem completely delicate and normal but to me, it hits me on my PoLR and she's too dumb to get that, even after I put her on ignore.
    You know Maritsa, I think you get a rough ride from many participants on this forum unfairly; but people are allowed to voice their opinions and corrections in their own time just as freely as you wish to contribute and correct others.

To be very fair to WA she was certainly not obnoxious about it.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see the one I made
    Okay.

It's in the way she approaches me. To her it may seem completely delicate and normal but to me, it hits me on my PoLR and she's too dumb to get that, even after I put her on ignore. The moral of this is if she thought I was incorrect, she could have done it delicately, which is make a post after me and not quote me, saying "I'm a medical doctor and from my education, I find that caffeine in such and such does have an effect on the heart. " But NO. she quotes ME.
    Even if WA did rub you wrong, for any reason, blocking her shows a lack of compromise and agreeability on your part Maritsa.You can't expect her to cater to your hypersensitivity and be more tactful (in your view of tactfulness) when you aren't willing to be tolerant of her at all.

Nothing that WA said was attacking in nature. She approached you, providing concrete facts that corrected your error. She was not abrasive in her discourse at all. She was simply righting misconceptions in a brief way.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just put her on ignore/ban her.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Just put her on ignore/ban her.
    I miss your old avatar. I don't remember what it was but this one is too colorless. Kthnxbai.
    I suggest this one:

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Same, I changed it so many times, I don't know whether I am male or female anymore. Noted, though.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same, I changed it so many times, I don't know whether I am male or female anymore. Noted, though.
    That should be simple to tell though. Just a quick check should be all that's required.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As expected. I'm so smart.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    As expected. I'm so smart.
    I knew you're going to bite. As expected. I'm so smart. There is no such day, you actually are not reading my posts.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew you're going to bite. As expected. I'm so smart. There is no such day, you actually are not reading my posts.
    Just as I knew you'd respond with your trademark dissociative self-aggrandizement.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just as I knew you'd respond with your trademark dissociative self-aggrandizement.
    For fucks sake, korpsey, stop bugging me, find yerself a nice homosexual man and fuck off, and start speaking English, I have an outdated dictionary. I do not need another Maritsa around here. Besides, join the ranks of ILIs in hall of fame.

Better yet a homosexual midget and I do not have anything against gays and midgets, I'm neither.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For fucks sake, korpsey, stop bugging me, find yerself a nice homosexual man and fuck off, and start speaking English, I have an outdated dictionary. I do not need another Maritsa around here.
    And there you go again.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And there you go again.
    And there I go again, get one off ebay.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL to me this sounds like Te-devaluing in favor of Fe-value.

You're throwing a hissy fit over being corrected on your facts, because of the way you perceived i expressed it (though I did it completely without any emotion involved, simply fact-providing, in much the same way LSE Director Abbie would have done).

Since we're suddently on the topic of socionic functions here...

p.s. how am I supposed to know you have me on ignore? If you have me on ignore, then keep ignoring me! Why are you responding?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL to be honest, tea containing caffeine is pretty common knowledge. It's not something i learned in med school.

Your expectations of specific phrasing such as this seems awfully Fe-valuing of you btw. Also, if you notice, I did affirm one of the things you said, which was accurate. I just dont understand why you feel so upset by my correction of your misinformation. Aren't you supposed to be Te-valuing?

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So anyway. Tea.

I liked reading what you guys have wrote. I've been on a green tea kick for a couple days, but sadly I may to stop because I drink it in the morning and then fit most of the symptoms of caffeine withdrawal in the evening. I never usually ingest caffeine so my body probably can't take it.
    I guess it depends what health benefits you're looking for in particular, but have you tried rooibos? That has no caffeine is low in tannins and has some pretty good antioxidants in and a couple of things you can't find in other plants. The green version is better for you because it hasn't been oxidised, I've only had the red one though. Has a nice, sort of fruity/nutty/honey taste. Health advantages: http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.co...oibos-tea.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    LOL to me this sounds like Te-devaluing in favor of Fe-value.

You're throwing a hissy fit over being corrected on your facts, because of the way you perceived i expressed it (though I did it completely without any emotion involved, simply fact-providing, in much the same way LSE Director Abbie would have done).

Since we're suddently on the topic of socionic functions here...

p.s. how am I supposed to know you have me on ignore? If you have me on ignore, then keep ignoring me! Why are you responding?
    Please don't address me. I'm telling you now that I have you on ignore, the damn function doesn't work well because it needs to not send me your quotes. I'm really not interested; is that too hard to live with?

I prefer IEE and LSE because they are both Tactical and Judicious, Making their approach to me very different than from you. You take on an aggressively accusatory as well as an aggressively tone and that's something I don't like.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I prefer IEE and LSE because they are both Tactical and Judicious, Making their approach to me very different than from you. You take on an aggressively accusatory as well as an aggressively tone and that's something I don't like.
    You don't seem to like any of the IEEs on here...

I like green tea, but I am not a regular tea drinker. And when I do drink tea, it's mint tea because it reminds me of home (my mom drinks it every evening and I drink it with her when I visit). That was not very helpful, but do know that I like green tea.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't address me. I'm telling you now that I have you on ignore, the damn function doesn't work well because it needs to not send me your quotes. I'm really not interested; is that too hard to live with?

If you are so free to address me, why can't i be free to address you?

What makes you queen here?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    You don't seem to like any of the IEEs on here...

I like green tea, but I am not a regular tea drinker. And when I do drink tea, it's mint tea because it reminds me of home (my mom drinks it every evening and I drink it with her when I visit). That was not very helpful, but do know that I like green tea.
    I like Starfall and Eliza and Cbelle. Everyone else didn't make the cut.
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast