Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default xxxx types.

I am thinking about the possibility of "mixed types" in that a given person may act in ways primarily associated with two (or more) different types.

Taking myself as the easiest example. Though I look ENTP, and think ENTP, I tend to act INTP around strangers or when I simply don't see anything worth saying. I will be very cold and formal. Is this normal for ENTPs? I was under the impression that in new company they are at least not the most quiet in the bunch, as I frequently am. To be fair, I will have random bursts of confidence and inspiration that lead me to have ridiculous conversations with people for the sake of fun, which seems pretty ENTP to me.

Of course, there are all kinds of details being left out regarding the various ways people may act depending on their life experience, mental health, intelligence, etc., but I don't really want to go into all that detail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can be if they are depressed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: xxxx types.

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    I am thinking about the possibility of "mixed types" in that a given person may act in ways primarily associated with two (or more) different types.

Taking myself as the easiest example. Though I look ENTP, and think ENTP, I tend to act INTP around strangers or when I simply don't see anything worth saying. I will be very cold and formal. Is this normal for ENTPs? I was under the impression that in new company they are at least not the most quiet in the bunch, as I frequently am. To be fair, I will have random bursts of confidence and inspiration that lead me to have ridiculous conversations with people for the sake of fun, which seems pretty ENTP to me.

Of course, there are all kinds of details being left out regarding the various ways people may act depending on their life experience, mental health, intelligence, etc., but I don't really want to go into all that detail.
    Because you have misunderstood the concept of being intro- or extrovert?

It correlates to the type of social environment you think/feel more
    comfortable with yourself in the overall acting sense. Well.. something like that...
    I.g. consider three INFP persons who may enjoy sharing an interest with eachother in a relaxed situation. Since they may understand eachother
    very well, they may also become very social together without any conflict.
    In a narrower meaning than extroverts of course. So their ability and even will to be social may be as high as for extroverts but often and unwillingly their lives become more lonely because they don´t find as many people like themselves, in the introverted meaning.

Therefore I think you would like to be an ENTP but that you´re a little shy, or nervous for some reason(s), and because of that you mistakingly judge yourself as an INTP.
    Ask yourself, could you like smalltalk with others? Would it make you fell relaxed if someone came to you talking about anything insignificant, in a calm and friendly way? You may answer yes, but in reality it turns out that you get afraid and can´t look at the person while talking. I know this, it was myself a few years back. I didn´t have the routine feel of how to do so, I lived, for certain reasons, a life that wasn´t corresponding to my beliefs etc. Today I can see that clearer.
    Wonder why and if I have to be an INTJ or how to do the best of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are entp, you may hold back due to .
    Entp
    ILE