Thread: an Fi language

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default an Fi language

this is described as a language for women but it made me think of how unexpressable Fi can sometimes be and i think these words would exist in an Fi-dominated culture

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/147743

1. áayáa – mysterious love, not yet known to be welcome or not
    2. áazh – love for one sexually desired at one time, but not now
    3. ab – love for one liked but not respected
    4. ad – love for one respected but not liked
    5. am – love for one related by blood
    6. raláadá – non-perceiver, one who fails to perceive
    7. raláadálh – non-perceiver, one who fails to perceive deliberately and with evil intent
    8. dehena – friendliness, despite negative circumstances
    9. dena – friendliness for good reason
    10. dina – friendliness for no reason
    11. dona – friendliness for foolish reasons
    12. duna – friendliness for bad reasons
    13. doóledosh – pain or loss that comes as a relief by virtue of ending the anticipation of its coming
    14. lóda – to be pregnant wearily
    15. lalewida – to be pregnant joyfully
    16. radíidin – non-holiday, a time allegedly a holiday but actually so much a burden because of work and preparations that it is a dreaded occasion; especially when there are too many guests and none of them help
    17. rahobeth – non-neighbor, one who lives nearby but does not fulfill a neighbor’s role (not necessarily pejorative)
    18. ralorolo – non-thunder, much talk and commotion from one (or more) with no real knowledge of what they’re talking about or trying to do
    19. ramine – to refrain from asking, out of courtesy or kindness
    20. thehena – joy despite negative circumstances
    21. wohosheni – a word meaning the opposite of alienation; to feel joined to, part of someone or something without reservations or barriers
    22. rathom – non-pillow, one who lures another to trust and rely on them but has no intention of following through, a “lean on me so I can step aside and let you fall” person
    23. raduth – to non-use, to deliberately deprive someone of any useful function in the world, as in enforced retirement or when a human being is kept as a plaything or a pet
    24. zhaláad – the act of relinquishing a cherished/comforting/familiar illusion or frame of perception

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only the ones that describe pregnancy really seem sex-specific to me. I suppose this could be an Fi language.

Also, "when a human being is kept as a plaything or a pet"
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's interesting is that not only do these terms provide definitions for certain ethical/affective things and states, but they also give a framework for further examination of the already-covered concepts and sentiments, plus a basis for cultivating a similarly-inspired vernacular. This is because the verbal-symbolic representation of phenomena lends them a greater degree of coherent identity, a tangibility to the touch of the mind, so that they are more intelligible and rationally manipulable as abstract, inter-relating objects. And by this means of assigning names and meaning, the mind establishes dominion over what it perceives.

dat's some nasty Black Speech there.
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 10-22-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: like,i wrote "dat's some nasty Black Speech,there." but it did not make sense cuz it was as if i was sayin "there you go " wh

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was expecting something that was functionally different from our own language rather than something with a different vernacular. Now that I think about it I have no idea how one would create a language that functioned solely based on connections. Latin might be close I suppose. Something with base words and numerous prefixes and suffixes.

A spider web? Something where meaning was crafted based on the connections made. Sorta like verbal lego pieces, maybe?
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lungs, would you say that this leans more towards FiSe, in general than Fi Ne. Although I see a lot of Fi, I relate to is less.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Lungs, would you say that this leans more towards FiSe, in general than Fi Ne. Although I see a lot of Fi, I relate to is less.
    not sure, but I could see an ni valuing flavor in 13 and maybe 22 or 24, so maybe. I was actually curious how different fi valuers might respond with more or less resonance with it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well for one thing it's less universal; I would say "friendliness" rather than "friendliness for no reason" the "no reason part" gives something more concrete to the word "friendliness" hence really bringing the general down to something more specific, which is "for a reason" when to me "friendliness" would be a generally applied rule of law, so to say.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hmm I had thought that it was fi in the dominant position that would refine and add qualifiers like that to sentiments with broad strokes, adding more nuance to them.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    hmm I had thought that it was fi in the dominant position that would refine and add qualifiers like that to sentiments with broad strokes, adding more nuance to them.
    Well on the one hand this is incredibly flattering and I am inclined to agree with it on that merit alone, on the other hand; Shakespeare.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Well on the one hand this is incredibly flattering and I am inclined to agree with it on that merit alone, on the other hand; Shakespeare.
    i'm not sure what you're getting at. i'm not talking about writing ability. i'm talking about mentalization.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That´s very interesting, but I also see a lot of abstractedness in some of the definitions (I would guess that a very Ni INFp could also somewhat relate?).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That´s very interesting, but I also see a lot of abstractedness in some of the definitions (I would guess that a very Ni INFp could also somewhat relate?).
    the perception ones? yeah maybe. (well i wouldn't say only fi types could relate, either, just that it seems to come from an fi type of mindset)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure what you're getting at. i'm not talking about writing ability. i'm talking about mentalization.
    Well, I hate him, don't get me wrong his complete and utter lack of stylistic subtlety bug the living hell out of me. Furthermore I abhor the fact that his entire life was a cash grab, he was essentially the Ke$ha of his time. That being said the emotions he writes into his characters are fairly nuanced at times. Overt, but nuanced. He paid a lot of attention to how he wrote feeling. I'm inclined to think that he wouldn't pay attention to that level of emotional detail unless it was one he experienced practically as well.

That in mind, what I'm getting at is if Shakespeare wasn't some alpha/beta ethical type I quit at socionics. Basically, the guy had emotional nuances but was not an Fi valuing type.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Well for one thing it's less universal; I would say "friendliness" rather than "friendliness for no reason" the "no reason part" gives something more concrete to the word "friendliness" hence really bringing the general down to something more specific, which is "for a reason" when to me "friendliness" would be a generally applied rule of law, so to say.
    this is quite insightful. /pleasantly surprised

Creepy-pokeball

14.15.14.15.14.15.14.15.14.15.14.15.14.15 = Every week of my life.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Well, I hate him, don't get me wrong his complete and utter lack of stylistic subtlety bug the living hell out of me. Furthermore I abhor the fact that his entire life was a cash grab, he was essentially the Ke$ha of his time. That being said the emotions he writes into his characters are fairly nuanced at times. Overt, but nuanced. He paid a lot of attention to how he wrote feeling. I'm inclined to think that he wouldn't pay attention to that level of emotional detail unless it was one he experienced practically as well.

That in mind, what I'm getting at is if Shakespeare wasn't some alpha/beta ethical type I quit at socionics. Basically, the guy had emotional nuances but was not an Fi valuing type.
    okay, gotcha. id functions. but in this particular thread the emotional nuance which is more typically associated with fi is the focus so that's where i was going with it.

and i'm not iei, if this is some passive aggressive thing knock it off please <3

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    this is quite insightful. /pleasantly surprised
    interrrresting.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it could be Fi stuff, but that might not have occurred to me if you hadn't addressed it. It just makes me think that this is a culture in which women's social strength hinges on understanding nuances like these. I can relate strongly to a lot of the concepts. It puts me in mind of a book called "Guests of the Sheik," read long ago, in which a U.S. woman ethnographer lives with women behind the scenes in Iraq. She told a story that showed the women not as disempowered, per se, but living very apart from the men within their own culture and wielding power within that sphere.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COMFINED View Post
    I guess it could be Fi stuff, but that might not have occurred to me if you hadn't addressed it. It just makes me think that this is a culture in which women's social strength hinges on understanding nuances like these. I can relate strongly to a lot of the concepts. It puts me in mind of a book called "Guests of the Sheik," read long ago, in which a U.S. woman ethnographer lives with women behind the scenes in Iraq. She told a story that showed the women not as disempowered, per se, but living very apart from the men within their own culture and wielding power within that sphere.
    i hadn't really associated it with social power or strength, though i think the nuances can be practically useful. food for thought.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25. Schadenfreude – you laugh your ass off because someone else is fucked
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, gotcha. id functions. but in this particular thread the emotional nuance which is more typically associated with fi is the focus so that's where i was going with it.

and i'm not iei, if this is some passive aggressive thing knock it off please <3
    Well, no it's not. I'm not attempting to retype you in any sense. You know what I think and if I wanted to talk to you about your type I have my IM client open at this very instant.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    25. Schadenfreude – you laugh your ass off because someone else is fucked
    26. Sehnsucht - An ambiguous and unattainable longing; a sense of something missing but unnameable.

27. arschlochsucht - An ambiguous and unattainable longing; a sense of having eaten something and waiting for your inner self to bring it back to the light.

damnit,i think i'm about to take up drinking beers likeabitch and trying to make fwends with the forum infjs

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COMFINED View Post
    I've been thinking about this a bit actually. Social strength based on gender. To me it seems that either sex needs to assume what is assumed to be the innate characteristics of their sex to possess social power as well as those that are ascribed to the other sex. Socially influential women must not only be empathetic but practically influential as well. Socially influential men must be empathetic as well as practical.

Actually this idea is not entirely my own. In theatre there is an idea that powerful men should act effeminate. I'm sort of trying to practically rationalize this masculine and effeminate mixture.
    Easy Day