Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: an Fi language

  1. #1
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default an Fi language

    this is described as a language for women but it made me think of how unexpressable Fi can sometimes be and i think these words would exist in an Fi-dominated culture

    http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/147743



    1. áayáa – mysterious love, not yet known to be welcome or not
    *
    2. áazh – love for one sexually desired at one time, but not now
    *
    3. ab – love for one liked but not respected
    *
    4. ad – love for one respected but not liked
    *
    5. am – love for one related by blood
    *
    6. raláadá – non-perceiver, one who fails to perceive
    *
    7. raláadálh – non-perceiver, one who fails to perceive deliberately and with evil intent
    *
    8. dehena – friendliness, despite negative circumstances
    *
    9. dena – friendliness for good reason
    *
    10. dina – friendliness for no reason
    *
    11. dona – friendliness for foolish reasons
    *
    12. duna – friendliness for bad reasons
    *
    13. doóledosh – pain or loss that comes as a relief by virtue of ending the anticipation of its coming
    *
    14. lóda – to be pregnant wearily
    *
    15. lalewida – to be pregnant joyfully
    *
    16. radíidin – non-holiday, a time allegedly a holiday but actually so much a burden because of work and preparations that it is a dreaded occasion; especially when there are too many guests and none of them help
    *
    17. rahobeth – non-neighbor, one who lives nearby but does not fulfill a neighbor’s role (not necessarily pejorative)
    *
    18. ralorolo – non-thunder, much talk and commotion from one (or more) with no real knowledge of what they’re talking about or trying to do
    *
    19. ramine – to refrain from asking, out of courtesy or kindness
    *
    20. thehena – joy despite negative circumstances
    *
    21. wohosheni – a word meaning the opposite of alienation; to feel joined to, part of someone or something without reservations or barriers
    *
    22. rathom – non-pillow, one who lures another to trust and rely on them but has no intention of following through, a “lean on me so I can step aside and let you fall” person
    *
    23. raduth – to non-use, to deliberately deprive someone of any useful function in the world, as in enforced retirement or when a human being is kept as a plaything or a pet
    *
    24. zhaláad – the act of relinquishing a cherished/comforting/familiar illusion or frame of perception

  2. #2
    Professional Turtle Taknamay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Only the ones that describe pregnancy really seem sex-specific to me. I suppose this could be an Fi language.

    Also, "when a human being is kept as a plaything or a pet"
    All the good are friends of one another. (Zeno of Citium)
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Quitter - Diaspora*

  3. #3
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's interesting is that not only do these terms provide definitions for certain ethical/affective things and states, but they also give a framework for further examination of the already-covered concepts and sentiments, plus a basis for cultivating a similarly-inspired vernacular. This is because the verbal-symbolic representation of phenomena lends them a greater degree of coherent identity, a tangibility to the touch of the mind, so that they are more intelligible and rationally manipulable as abstract, inter-relating objects. And by this means of assigning names and meaning, the mind establishes dominion over what it perceives.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,775
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dat's some nasty Black Speech there.
    Last edited by kalinoche; 10-22-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: like,i wrote "dat's some nasty Black Speech,there." but it did not make sense cuz it was as if i was sayin "there you go " wh
    unholy water sanguine addiction

  5. #5
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was expecting something that was functionally different from our own language rather than something with a different vernacular. Now that I think about it I have no idea how one would create a language that functioned solely based on connections. Latin might be close I suppose. Something with base words and numerous prefixes and suffixes.

    A spider web? Something where meaning was crafted based on the connections made. Sorta like verbal lego pieces, maybe?
    Easy Day

  6. #6
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lungs, would you say that this leans more towards FiSe, in general than Fi Ne. Although I see a lot of Fi, I relate to is less.

  7. #7
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Lungs, would you say that this leans more towards FiSe, in general than Fi Ne. Although I see a lot of Fi, I relate to is less.
    not sure, but I could see an ni valuing flavor in 13 and maybe 22 or 24, so maybe. I was actually curious how different fi valuers might respond with more or less resonance with it.

  8. #8
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well for one thing it's less universal; I would say "friendliness" rather than "friendliness for no reason" the "no reason part" gives something more concrete to the word "friendliness" hence really bringing the general down to something more specific, which is "for a reason" when to me "friendliness" would be a generally applied rule of law, so to say.

  9. #9
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmm I had thought that it was fi in the dominant position that would refine and add qualifiers like that to sentiments with broad strokes, adding more nuance to them.

  10. #10
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    hmm I had thought that it was fi in the dominant position that would refine and add qualifiers like that to sentiments with broad strokes, adding more nuance to them.
    Well on the one hand this is incredibly flattering and I am inclined to agree with it on that merit alone, on the other hand; Shakespeare.
    Easy Day

  11. #11
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Well on the one hand this is incredibly flattering and I am inclined to agree with it on that merit alone, on the other hand; Shakespeare.
    i'm not sure what you're getting at. i'm not talking about writing ability. i'm talking about mentalization.

  12. #12
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That´s very interesting, but I also see a lot of abstractedness in some of the definitions (I would guess that a very Ni INFp could also somewhat relate?).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  13. #13
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That´s very interesting, but I also see a lot of abstractedness in some of the definitions (I would guess that a very Ni INFp could also somewhat relate?).
    the perception ones? yeah maybe. (well i wouldn't say only fi types could relate, either, just that it seems to come from an fi type of mindset)

  14. #14
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i'm not sure what you're getting at. i'm not talking about writing ability. i'm talking about mentalization.
    Well, I hate him, don't get me wrong his complete and utter lack of stylistic subtlety bug the living hell out of me. Furthermore I abhor the fact that his entire life was a cash grab, he was essentially the Ke$ha of his time. That being said the emotions he writes into his characters are fairly nuanced at times. Overt, but nuanced. He paid a lot of attention to how he wrote feeling. I'm inclined to think that he wouldn't pay attention to that level of emotional detail unless it was one he experienced practically as well.

    That in mind, what I'm getting at is if Shakespeare wasn't some alpha/beta ethical type I quit at socionics. Basically, the guy had emotional nuances but was not an Fi valuing type.
    Easy Day

  15. #15
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Well for one thing it's less universal; I would say "friendliness" rather than "friendliness for no reason" the "no reason part" gives something more concrete to the word "friendliness" hence really bringing the general down to something more specific, which is "for a reason" when to me "friendliness" would be a generally applied rule of law, so to say.
    this is quite insightful. /pleasantly surprised

  16. #16
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    14.15.14.15.14.15.14.15.14.15.14.15.14.15 = Every week of my life.

  17. #17
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Well, I hate him, don't get me wrong his complete and utter lack of stylistic subtlety bug the living hell out of me. Furthermore I abhor the fact that his entire life was a cash grab, he was essentially the Ke$ha of his time. That being said the emotions he writes into his characters are fairly nuanced at times. Overt, but nuanced. He paid a lot of attention to how he wrote feeling. I'm inclined to think that he wouldn't pay attention to that level of emotional detail unless it was one he experienced practically as well.

    That in mind, what I'm getting at is if Shakespeare wasn't some alpha/beta ethical type I quit at socionics. Basically, the guy had emotional nuances but was not an Fi valuing type.
    okay, gotcha. id functions. but in this particular thread the emotional nuance which is more typically associated with fi is the focus so that's where i was going with it.

    and i'm not iei, if this is some passive aggressive thing knock it off please <3

  18. #18
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    this is quite insightful. /pleasantly surprised
    interrrresting.

  19. #19
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess it could be Fi stuff, but that might not have occurred to me if you hadn't addressed it. It just makes me think that this is a culture in which women's social strength hinges on understanding nuances like these. I can relate strongly to a lot of the concepts. It puts me in mind of a book called "Guests of the Sheik," read long ago, in which a U.S. woman ethnographer lives with women behind the scenes in Iraq. She told a story that showed the women not as disempowered, per se, but living very apart from the men within their own culture and wielding power within that sphere.

  20. #20
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,628
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COMFINED View Post
    I guess it could be Fi stuff, but that might not have occurred to me if you hadn't addressed it. It just makes me think that this is a culture in which women's social strength hinges on understanding nuances like these. I can relate strongly to a lot of the concepts. It puts me in mind of a book called "Guests of the Sheik," read long ago, in which a U.S. woman ethnographer lives with women behind the scenes in Iraq. She told a story that showed the women not as disempowered, per se, but living very apart from the men within their own culture and wielding power within that sphere.
    i hadn't really associated it with social power or strength, though i think the nuances can be practically useful. food for thought.

  21. #21
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    25. Schadenfreude – you laugh your ass off because someone else is fucked
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  22. #22
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    okay, gotcha. id functions. but in this particular thread the emotional nuance which is more typically associated with fi is the focus so that's where i was going with it.

    and i'm not iei, if this is some passive aggressive thing knock it off please <3
    Well, no it's not. I'm not attempting to retype you in any sense. You know what I think and if I wanted to talk to you about your type I have my IM client open at this very instant.
    Easy Day

  23. #23
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    25. Schadenfreude – you laugh your ass off because someone else is fucked
    26. Sehnsucht - An ambiguous and unattainable longing; a sense of something missing but unnameable.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,775
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    27. arschlochsucht - An ambiguous and unattainable longing; a sense of having eaten something and waiting for your inner self to bring it back to the light.


    damnit,i think i'm about to take up drinking beers likeabitch and trying to make fwends with the forum infjs
    unholy water sanguine addiction

  25. #25
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,808
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COMFINED View Post
    I guess it could be Fi stuff, but that might not have occurred to me if you hadn't addressed it. It just makes me think that this is a culture in which women's social strength hinges on understanding nuances like these. I can relate strongly to a lot of the concepts. It puts me in mind of a book called "Guests of the Sheik," read long ago, in which a U.S. woman ethnographer lives with women behind the scenes in Iraq. She told a story that showed the women not as disempowered, per se, but living very apart from the men within their own culture and wielding power within that sphere.
    I've been thinking about this a bit actually. Social strength based on gender. To me it seems that either sex needs to assume what is assumed to be the innate characteristics of their sex to possess social power as well as those that are ascribed to the other sex. Socially influential women must not only be empathetic but practically influential as well. Socially influential men must be empathetic as well as practical.

    Actually this idea is not entirely my own. In theatre there is an idea that powerful men should act effeminate. I'm sort of trying to practically rationalize this masculine and effeminate mixture.
    Easy Day

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •