Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yo, I asked for my thread back.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    My thread back on topic.
    If only.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i was wondering about the differences between socionics Fi and MBTI Fi, from what i can tell so far (and i do not have nearly enough info as yet, so jump in if you feel/think(just to be clear) to) there are a couple of subtle differences.

Interestingly socionics Fi seems to focus more on a relationships context ( i would usually see this written more about with Fe in mbti, poss incorrectly, just appears to be the case).

Mbti Fi concentrates more on personal attitude and valuation using ones own moral code/system.

Wiki terms... please offer alternatives, it's the best i had to hand.

Socionics
    Fi is responsible for understanding the quality, nature, and proper maintenance of personal relations; makes moral judgments; and aspires to humanism and kindness. Fi has a strong understanding of the social hierarchy and how people feel about each other, their attitudes of like or dislike, enthrallment or disgust, repulsion or attraction, enmity or friendship.

Mbti
    Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation

I identify with both, we should harness a hybrid.

Kiss my Fi!

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good source: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...overted_ethics

Fi is generally associated with the ability to gain an implicit sense of the subjective 'distance' between two people, and make judgments based off of said thing.

Types with valued Fi strive to make and maintain close, personal relationships with their friends and family. They value sensitivity to others' feelings, and occasionally will make their innermost feelings and sentiments known in order to test the possibility of creating closeness with others.

Relevant to your Interests: Fi as a creative (2nd) function (SEE and IEE)

The individual is very adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. However, these bonds are often perceived as being situational and flexible rather than static. The individual is inclined to focus on establishing personal bonds with other people in the context of realizing or following perceptions from his base function.

The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with.

Relevant to Mine: Fi as a mobilizing (6th) function (ILI and SLI)

The individual longs for establishing stable personal relationships with other individuals based on mutual trust and understanding where deeper and private feelings and experiences can be easily shared. However, the individual lacks the initiative to establish such relationships and usually expects others to make gestures in that area, admiring those who do so. In the context of extroverted ethics (Fe) as a vulnerable function, it should be emphasized that these types especially value emotional bonds where feelings go unsaid between partners, and are simply "understood."

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just tell us something about relationships. How does Fi see them?

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Here are some examples of Fi, through my life and experiences.

1. My father, being SLI type and rather emotionally reserved, is a dutiful man. His primary concern or focus was to take care of us financially and physically. He's a man of very few expressions and so verbal expression of feelings were something we missed out on. At one point in my childhood development, I made a value, a rule so to say that parents who loved their kids, and truly loved them would/should on occasion express these sentiments of love rather than just showing them through duty or providing for them. In my emotionally expressive way, I went up to my dad and crying (literally in pouring tears) told him, or asked and I can't tell which it was "dad, you're supposed to say 'I love you' to us sometimes'." I think my parents both got the point of how sensitive I was to expressions of love.
    Yeah, that's basically ISTp's Fe-PoLR. I saw a good example of an ISTp's Fe-PoLR on a 60 Minutes show, but unfortunately it's deleted. Basically, the man said that he might say "I love you" once in a lifetime when his loved one is lying on the deathbed and dying.

P.S. Minde does sound Fe actually. You might be right about that.
    Last edited by Singu; 02-12-2017 at 05:35 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good, I don't want to hear "I love you". I want it to be demonstrated. Actions > dramatic declarations in my Fi world.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123