Thread: Type my characters

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type my characters

Type the characters in my story the best you can. They are: William, Gustav, Victoria, Barney

There was a man named William. William liked to eat cake, and he always bought his cakes from the baker Gustav. One day, William decided he wanted to buy a cake from Gustav. However, when William got home and ate the cake, it was not very good. He expected much higher quality cakes from Gustav the baker.

The next day, William went to see Gustav. William said to Gustav, “How could you sell me such a disgusting cake? Your cakes are usually tasty. I will never eat here again.” Gustav felt bad, because William was such a regular customer. “Wait,” said Gustav, “I am sorry my cake was not my usual quality. You are such a loyal customer, and I hate to disappoint you. I will bake you another cake, free of charge. If this cake is delicious, it will prove that my bad cake was a one-time thing, and I am really a good baker.” William was not convinced. “I do not want to risk eating such a horrid cake once again! Good day, sir,” said William as he angrily walked out the door of the bakery.

William did not eat any cake for an entire week. This was difficult for William, but he was very angry at Gustav for selling him such a rancid cake. There was no way William would ever eat Gustav’s cakes ever again. Nevertheless, William could not handle the cakelessness any longer. He had to eat some cake. While he vowed never to eat Gustav’s cakes again, there were plenty of other bakers who sold cakes. William decided to look around town to discover any new bakers.

The first shop was Victoria’s Delectable Desserts. The hungry man walked into the shop. “Hello, I need cake,” said William. “Cake is something we have! Hooray!” cheered Victoria. She then proceeded to bring William a sample of cake. He took a bite of the cake, and while it was not terrible, it was not very good either. This disappointed William, who really wanted a taste of marvelous cake. “I am sorry,” said William, “your cake needs work. This is amateur quality, at best.” Victoria looked disappointed, but said she understood. William was disheartened by the experience. Would he ever eat delicious cake again?

William left the dessert shop in search of another place that sold cakes. The next possible location was Sweet Sponges. He limped into the front entrance. “Cake… cake,” he moaned. “Hello, sir. I am Barney. We have quite a selection of cakes here at the Sweet Sponge. Here is a sample!” said Barney, handing over a piece of cake. William tasted a small bit of it. The cake was no better than Victoria’s, possibly worse. What a disappointing day. “I am sorry,” said William, “but your cake is not as tasty as I imagined. I will have to look elsewhere.” Barney was a bit offended by the criticism, and shooed the poor guy out of the shop.

Things looked hopeless for William. He was so hungry for cake… he could not go another second without it. Could he bring himself to forgive Gustav? The cake was bad… but after comparing the cake to Victoria’s baking and Barney’s baking, perhaps it was not so awful. Maybe Gustav was a good baker after all.

Quickly, the desperate man ran into Gustav’s bakery. “Gustav! Are you still offering the free cake?” asked William. Gustav was a bit taken aback. “Why, I thought you were never going to eat my cakes again,” inquired Gustav. “I know,” replied William, “but the truth is, nobody’s cakes are better than yours.” Touched by William’s sentiment, Gustav proceeded to produce the greatest cake he ever baked. Gustav offered the cake for free. William tasted a bite, and it was the most delicious thing on the planet earth.

It was so delicious that William paid full price for the cake.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Go eat a pile of Gogol.
    Are you implying my writing style is similar to that of Nikolai Gogol? If so, I cannot disagree with you; for I have yet to read his works.
    Johari - Fediverse

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    Are you implying my writing style is similar to that of Nikolai Gogol? If so, I cannot disagree with you; for I have yet to read his works.
    Start here: http://www.amazon.com/Overcoat-Other.../dp/0393003043 You'll dig it. I've got "Dead Souls" queued up in my to-read heap.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a bit like Gogol. He writes stories about a guy say for example, working as a barber who then accidently cuts off a customer’s nose. The customer seems not to notice, but then later, the barber sees a giant nose with a mustache walking down the street. Or something about a guy trying to by a fancy overcoat. But overall, his style of prose is very similar. Yeah, you sound like Gogol.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the similarities in how polite he is as he qualifies his assertions.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    What sounds alike to me is the "fantastic banality" of the delta NF.
    and if that's what I think it is, then here's a vid overflowing with it; by the way I got Phil Collins as Te-LSE, Mike Rutherford as Ne-EII, and Tony Banks as Ti-LII as far as I know, and in order of descending certainty:

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

William is LSE. Victoria is LIE. Barney is EIE. Gustav is EII. Duals made in heaven.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    It is a bit like Gogol. He writes stories about a guy say for example, working as a barber who then accidently cuts off a customer’s nose. The customer seems not to notice, but then later, the barber sees a giant nose with a mustache walking down the street. Or something about a guy trying to by a fancy overcoat. But overall, his style of prose is very similar. Yeah, you sound like Gogol.
    I am now reading the story about the nose. I haven't even started but I already like the premise.
    Johari - Fediverse