"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs/INFps questions about dating

Do you guys like to date? Like where? What places, what things do you like to do?

What do you like to do with your partners?

INFps being my dual, I can't really see me doing anything with them besides just chilling around the house or something? My activators are the ones I could go out and do stuff with.

maybe you do not notice your duals because it is easy to ignore them at first but in case you end up being in closer distance you are like wow this feels so comfortable and then one thing brings the other and you got the infp hanging from the ceiling upside down feeling more alive than ever

TIM
    INFP
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer simple dates where we can get to know each other without any huge distractions involved. One of my favorite dates was when we got dinner at a yakiniku place, then after we went to the beach at night when all the stars were out. We played in the water a little but eventually, We lay in the sand, talk and cuddle.

I'm even a fan of the dinner and a movie thing, but only if the dinner is first so we can talk.

Chilling around the house is good too. The simpler the better. I hate when people think that in order to have a good date it has to be some memorable activity, or that there has to be some kind of thing you accomplish together in order to find more of a connection. Once, a guy wanted to go hike up Diamond Head on a second date. I was pissed.
    [INFP]

"Nothing worse could happen to one than to be completely understood."
    — [Carl Gustav Jung]

that aint no classy date or dream.it represents everything systematic,concrete and imposed.in some way you are the woman in the red dress from the Matrix.ok it may be a dream but chances are it was channeled to you by the evil aliens.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by humanbist View Post
    that aint no classy date or dream.it represents everything systematic,concrete and imposed.in some way you are the woman in the red dress from the Matrix.ok it may be a dream but chances are it was channeled to you by the evil aliens.
    I'm sorry but whaaaaat?
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey, jennifer, do you scream when they burn you with cigarettes?

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best date I had was with an INFp ex. We went camping on a little island in Boston harbor, explored an abandoned fort, ran through the grass barefoot and walked the beach at night.

Generally I like pretty standard casual stuff...dinner and drinks, live music in a lounge, movies, museums, hiking etc.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post

Oh, another date I enjoyed was when I was taken to a place called Sky Bar. It was an outdoor rooftop bar overlooking the city & ocean. There was beautiful people everywhere (you had to have a special pass to get in) a pool and beds you could chill out on. That was pretty awesome & "magical".

That's seriously nauseating. They wont let ugly people in? There is no way anyone could talk me into going there.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. Obviously I am familiar with the fact that establishments having a dress code. I thought this place was the beautifulpeople.com of bars.

Honestly I'm not terribly keen on the dress code thing either. I've had arguments about it with my boyfriend who is very pro. I can't quite put my finger on why I find it so distasteful. I guess it seems classist or something and obviously it promotes other types of discrimination too. I avoid those unless I have to.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not INFp but I once self-typed INFp so I'm going to indulge.

I don't really think of relationships and dating in such a concrete way I think. I feel like labelling some activity you are doing with another person as a "date" sort of ruins it.

I enjoy just going out into nature with someone, or just exploring in general. Exploring in the woods, exploring a small town, a city, a neighborhood...kinda going wherever whims take us, and appreciating the little things, like how sparkly the sand is and wondering how it got that way. I also love the night-time and the rain...so any activity outside in the rain at night is pretty special to me.
    To me things really come alive at night. Things are more still, but more real. Not sure...what it is.

My favorite memory was probably when I snuck out of my house when I was in 9th grade with Lane, and we went to the pond at the end of my neighborhood, and lay there talking all night in the rain. I remember how the shape of the top of this one pine tree against the dark sky looked like a heart. And we kinda decoded the sounds the frogs made.

The idea of going to fancy restaurants doesn't interest me at all, except for the good food part..but you can get good food for cheap. In my mind, I don't think paying exorbitant amounts of money for food is justifiable. 50 dollars for an entree and an appetizer. Meh. It's all a bunch of fluff and it isn't meaningful in any way. Flowers are fine and all, but I really treasure things that...I don't know how to explain...: Like if I'm given a flower that someone saw when walking down a path, and they thought of me when they saw it, and they plucked it and gave it to me when they saw me again....that would mean more to me than being given a bouquet from the store.

I guess I'm terribly simple and terribly sentimental at once.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aivonaima View Post
    Why am I thinking this actually sounds like a great idea?
    In that case I would come just to piss you off.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logically, no. I already pointed out that I wouldn't go to Hawt People Central.

You remind me of me when I was 15. I was a real twat.

Creepy-pokeball

TWAT CANNONS LOADED. READY TO TWAT. COMMENCE COUNTDOWN!

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twat cannons prepare sticky crystal ice fleshlights!

Creepy-pokeball

Oh lord. This is going to end like Prometheus!

PREPARE THE C SECTION LASERS!

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can we stop preparing and DO something yet?
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twat wars are sort of hard on the Internet. All you can really do is posture. It's not like I can stick gum on Jadae's hair or something.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Can we stop preparing and DO something yet?

We need to discuss it more:

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

my ideal romantic scenerio:

we make it clear how we really feel about each other. we build up a lot of trust and talk beforehand. we have a talk based on what we like to do sexually. ideally if he's estp he will already know what turns me on w/o me having to say it. this is really hot, cuz its just so natural... but all relationships require communication.

i like to have my boundaries invaded animalistically but... only in a way that I like, so its confusing/contradictory. lol im such a shywhore.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading these comments, I won't be able to keep my INFp. >.>' My relationship skills are shit, haven't really dated before, I have no money to go to expensive places. Meh.

I guess that's why they said INFps are most likely to marry for money.

What do you INFps want out of a relationship? I have no fucking idea what to do >.> Im ESTp, im good with things, not really people.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get rich. Quick.

Oh. And good looking .

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tch...so INFps are shallow? Who woulda thought :/

Im already handsome so they say...so thats not a problem, I guess...but I thought personality mattered more. I know it does to me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-pokeball

Quit whining, move to somewhere with better success ratios for your needs if you need to do so, improve your chances of what Ani said, and quit whining.

Wealth in and of itself is not shallow. If I recall, the two strongest attributes a male can have is dependability re: CH-CHINGGG and... face/temperament. The latter is subjective, obviously. I dont know what it is with women and falling in love with men's faces, but its fairly common.

Maybe it would help to re-evaluate what you think shallow means? I mean, ppl are ging to kick and scream to survive or thrive -- we're animals, lol. We just wear clothes and play "fun" social games.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Tch...so INFps are shallow? Who woulda thought :/

Im already handsome so they say...so thats not a problem, I guess...but I thought personality mattered more. I know it does to me.
    She's jerking your emotions around.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

??? What do you mean?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    I'm not INFp but I once self-typed INFp so I'm going to indulge.
    The wonderful world of Fi...
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    ??? What do you mean?
    I'm a little late to the party here.

Because Maritsa is dead set on my socionics type and because socionics is the very core of her existence every time I make a wisecrack I am making a "victim" out of someone and attempting to "toy with their emotions." Don't ask me how my comments to you in this thread could possibly have any effect on your "emotions," Ijustdunno. Furthormore I lack intellectual consistency.

I've already changed my mind.

Just joshing. I haven't.

Wait.. yes I have. Now I'm just toying with your emotions.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Leader

what's your SLE subtype? IEI fe and IEI ni are totally different.

I'm kind of introverted and the last IEI-Fe I met was the one to ask ME out. First she took me to a tailgater party, then she took me to a bar, then she took me to another place.... I was terrified the whole time. She was a DJ and a party animal.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

u r so gettin kicked out of the aggresors' club u no that.even your music...

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....I don't believe in subtype, but if you really wanted subtype me, then i'd lean more towards Ti. I've been preferring using Se more lately and becoming much more confident in myself. Honestly, i've found that I fit both Ti and Se subtype descriptions, it all just depends on my mindset and agenda. The more stressed out I am, I turn inward to try to understand and find a solution to correct whats stressing me out, I become more Ti (contact). When I feel accepted, when my agenda is being fulfilled I don't worry as much and become more Se (accepting).

My current INFp leans more towards Fe, but when shes with me, shes immediately leans more toward her base Ni. Her creative is Fe, and it comes off as "fake", I can tell shes trying to influence with her emotions. Shes Fe when dealing with people in general, but when shes dealing with me it's like I can see her true self, she draws inward.

But anyways, forget about that bitch...she really crossed the line...got herself a boyfriend, I think her ex, while I chased her around like a fucking dog. She couldn't even tell me to my face and instead kept leading me on. Once you abuse my trust even just a little, I won't treat you the same. She must love him more than she likes me...my HA is crushed...if my own dual can't love and understand me, than no one truly can. And as a result, I've changed. I don't give a fuck about life anymore, mine or anybody else's. All I have is my anger, and honestly I love it this way.