"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Tenant - Roman Polanski film

Anybody seen "The Tenant"? A Roman Polanski film from 1976.

I just watched it yesterday. It's great. I've seen it once before some years ago.

His films are always so . I've only seen Rosemarys baby, The tenant and The nineth gate, but they are all loaded with .

Trelkovsky (The tenant/Roman Polanski): IEI
    Stella (girl he meets at a hospital): SLE
    The landlord: LSI (lol!)
    Trelkovskys merry friend who likes to play loud music: SLE

I don't type Stella SLE just because I want her and Trelkovsky to be duals; They really seem to be duals. I was considering ILE for her first, but I think SLE fits better, she is a good realistic example of SLE, she also has this natural sexual aggressiveness, not in an exaggerated way, just natural, like SLEs are.

My favorite scene is when Trelkovsky is partying with Stella and her friends. Stella is dancing downstairs with some guy. The music playing is a jazz version of the theme song of the film, very beautiful and haunting. It's late and Trelkovsky is having a discussion with some artistic looking guy (whom I would type ILE or maybe EIE?).

Trelkovsky: Do you have any trouble with your neighbours?

Guy: What sort of trouble?

Trelkovsky: Well, you know, these days relationships with neighbours can get quite complicated. You know, little things that get blown up out of all proportion. You know what I mean?

Guy: No, I don't... I mind my own business.

Trelkovsky: So do I. It's the best way.

Then Trelkovsky goes downstairs where Stella is dancing. Some other guy is trying to hit on Stella, but she ignores him and starts hitting on Trelkovsky instead. (funny example of aggressor-victim interaction if one wants to see it that way)

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low blow. Low blow.

I actually like Polanski. I haven't seen this particular film, but I'm not sure IEI works for him. Knife in the Water, for example, strikes me as being quite Te.

I think he would be difficult to type. He strikes me as being quite a mess for perfectly good reasons.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    /edit: scratch that, you're probably right about Ni. I'll need to re-watch his films to remember - they're quite good
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, Please watch his films again. Particularly "The tenant". Can be found online.

EDIT: And be in touch with me on what you think about the film and the typings.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post

Low blow. Low blow.

I actually like Polanski. I haven't seen this particular film, but I'm not sure IEI works for him. Knife in the Water, for example, strikes me as being quite Te.

I think he would be difficult to type. He strikes me as being quite a mess for perfectly good reasons.
    Have you seen "The ninth gate". It's quite new. It's about a mystery, vague hints, something-is-going-on-but-we-don't-really-know-what.
    The end is very dramatic. Hell is loose.

EDIT: I don't understand the picture of the animal you posted??
    Last edited by Nowisthetime; 10-19-2012 at 05:44 PM.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Have you seen "The ninth gate". It's quite new. It's about a mystery, vague hints, something-is-going-on-but-we-don't-really-know-what.
    The end is very dramatic. Hell is loose.

EDIT: I don't understand the picture of the animal you posted??
    I saw it when it came out. I think I was 12 so I don't remember it well. Not one of his better films.

He was convicted of drugging a 13 year old girl and having sex with her. That's the pedophile bear.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    I saw it when it came out. I think I was 12 so I don't remember it well. Not one of his better films.
    You're right, it's from 1999. I thought it was newer. I liked it.

He was convicted of drugging a 13 year old girl and having sex with her. That's the pedophile bear.
    Yes, it has been discussed alot. But I don't think he was ever convicted. He escaped to Europe. He seduced her, or as he has said himself "it just happened", but I don't think it's necessarily pedophilia. A 13 year old can be quite mature physically. But, yes, legally it was illegal. And he shouldn't have done it.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    You're right, it's from 1999. I thought it was newer. I liked it.

Yes, it has been discussed alot. But I don't think he was ever convicted. He escaped to Europe. He seduced her, or as he has said himself "it just happened", but I don't think it's necessarily pedophilia. A 13 year old can be quite mature physically. But, yes, legally it was illegal. And he shouldn't have done it.
    No he was convicted and he served some months in jail and then the judge got pissed off because Roman insulted him in the press or something and he decided that he was going to send him back to jail so he fled to France.

And no it's not pedophila it's ephoebophila. I was just joking. Honestly I don't think it's that scandalous. I've seen interviews with the woman involved and she seems far more distressed by the press she got than what actually happened. It seems like her mother basically served her up to him and reported what happened to the police when she didn't get what she wanted.

Sorry for the run on ipad typing.