Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aspergers syndrome: any INTjs relate?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    lol?
    Poetic justice for niffweed imo, who spent many years insulting and ridiculously judging other people, even to the extent of having a 'type' list at some point which was really just a bitch fest - which was a concern for those who gave a shit.

I wish him ill as he's a destructive little boy, AS or not.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Poetic justice for niffweed imo, who spent many years insulting and ridiculously judging other people, even to the extent of having a 'type' list at some point which was really just a bitch fest - which was a concern for those who gave a shit.

I wish him ill as he's a destructive little boy, AS or not.
    I think he likely has AS.

LOL

If you go to the socionics Facebook group, he's ever present and hasn't changed one bit.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I hope to have a psychological syndrome/disorder named after me someday too! Yay, Hans!

If a child seems abnormal label it quick...I am going to shut up now. grrrr

Edit: I can't shut up... I have been given so many psychological diagnoses over the years that I have lost count. I am rejecting them all now but I will still go to therapy when I want to.

My new therapist and I have agreed to throw all past diagnoses away and just talk.
    Last edited by Aylen; 01-27-2015 at 11:27 PM. Reason: plural

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They aren't allowed to name disorders after people any more. Or at least that's what I've heard. Totally unfair because now how are we going to become famous?

I reckon getting diagnosed with something is useful if it serves as a guide to how to deal with it, not as something which limits your treatment or limits your self-image. I thought about seeing if I would be diagnosed with Aspergers but I probably don't need any Aspergers-specific help at the moment, and it would probably just give me another excuse to be awkward when I should be learning to not be awkward.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collects things
    Yes, but why is this aspie?

Well, typically those with aspergers take interest in few subjects and may be inclined to collect items that are directly related to their interests. For example, I have a friend with aspergers that has been into fishing since he was about 5. He has been collecting rods, reels, hooks, lures, and so on throughout the past 15 years since he became interested in fishing.

Moreover, that criterion alone does not necessarily warrant a diagnosis of AS, so it would be used in conjunction with other criteria in determining a diagnosis.

TIM
    SEI-Fe Enneagram 9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have all the love for Aspies! I suspect my father is one. He fixates on his interests, cannot handle emotions well, stims, and so forth.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I withhold many traits of Aspergers syndrome since I was a child and I expected such a comparison to INTjs, in contrast, people who have Aspergers have been described as having limited imaginative play. Which I believe INTj's are quite the exact opposite, it should be said that INTj's have characteristic AS traits that do not put them at all on the Autistic spectrum.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is schizotypal autism or Mendelsohnn's Syndrome.
    So now you can be autistic, be super creative and have insanely powerful imagination.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_autism
    I have some (=lots of) symptoms. Being extravert it is not big deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12