Thread: Supervisors - fast friends, then WTF

Default Supervisors - fast friends, then WTF

What is up w this?
    Last edited by soapofsappho; 09-30-2012 at 12:16 AM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your supervisor would be ESE? Because ESEs are good at making people feel special and then go away...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Your supervisor would be ESE? Because ESEs are good at making people feel special and then go away...
    I dont think so...

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    This is me w an LIE, actually.

We can still get along okay usually when one-on-one, but she seems to try to "one-up" me when other people are around. I don't mind this as imo she is being an idiot and I have nothing invested in "coming out on top" (lol) in her imaginary competition, but lately it has grown to her interrupting me when I am talking or just beginning to talk, then talking louder and louder so I have to stop talking or engage in a screaming match (I always choose the former, ofc). Very irritating.

I don't know wtf her problem is -- I have done nothing to irritate her (besides I guess hitting her sore spot Si, but I try to watch that as I know socionics), while she does LOTS to irritate me that I let slide. Don't know her deal, but it's getting old.

At least now I have experience w close-contact/daily supervision; now I just need to remember this and avoid it in future lol.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    What is up w this?
    you are typing SLI? LOL

socionics is about to get a lot more confusing for you
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know socionics
    Then you already know the answer to your question and are wasting everyone's time.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Then you already know the answer to your question and are wasting everyone's time.
    Stop supervising people, korpsey. They can turn out LSE someday.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hostile thread is hostile!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Hostile thread is hostile!
    What have you done today?

@k0rpsy As opposed to the rest of this not at all time-wasting forum. lol

Actually I started out w a small story and question, but erased it because I realize it *is* pointless... all I can do is self-monitor and live it out.

Anyway, if anyone has stories of supervision I'd be interested to hear. Do tell

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but lately it has grown to her interrupting me when I am talking or just beginning to talk, then talking louder and louder so I have to stop talking or engage in a screaming match (I always choose the former, ofc). Very irritating.
    Well, sometimes this is kinda the way I talk with...anyone (excepting the screaming match, of course). I kind of just want to finish my sentence.

In any case, I havenīt found much of this to be true, I believe supervision might be clear in a work or close friendship relationship, but I donīt really think there will be real troubles with acquaintances.

ANYWAY LET ME FINISH MY SENTENCE FUCK111!!!!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Well, sometimes this is kinda the way I talk with...anyone (excepting the screaming match, of course). I kind of just want to finish my sentence.
    She does do it to an extent w everyone, it's true. And it's fine w me if she finishes all of her sentences... I'd just prefer if she *begins* them after I've finished mine.

Anyway like I said there was more to the story, but I erased it bc on second thought I didn't see the point of getting into it here. (And to be completely fair what sparked the problem the other night, I later saw, was me criticizing her... totally without malice, but she seems to take what I say to heart.) So, yeah. It'll be what it'll be.

In any case, I havenīt found much of this to be true, I believe supervision might be clear in a work or close friendship relationship, but I donīt really think there will be real troubles with acquaintances.
    We're roommates, not acquaintances.
    Last edited by soapofsappho; 09-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    What have you done today?

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, at least you tried.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see - its you who are her supervisor.

Well I am my Mom's supervisor; she is ISFJ. Growing up, she really annoyed me, especially because she was bossy and invalidating of who I was. I was often exasperated with her, and I remember for a time telling my friends I hated her. That was in later high school, when I was not allowed to go out both weekend nights with my friends, because that was "too much", and negotiating or pleading fell on deaf ears.

Anyway, your ENTJ supervisor might think she knows better than you, since she is a "J" and that's her judgment. And be aware that it may be a judgment made in self-defense, too!

When I realized that, as my Mom's "Supervisor", I am just naturally psychologically damaging to her, I take it easier on her than I feel like. I get annoyed, but I try to be kind all the time regardless, and initiate positive interactions at neutral times.

So, if its bad for you, realize, since she is Supervisee, its worse for her. Just you being who you are puts her in a bad spot!

(I like how Socionics is equalizing. Just by being ourselves, we are all just so bad for some...).

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing you can do. Socionics just help you to understand what is happening; it's not a recipe to prevent it.

On the bright side of things, I'm quite sure that a relationship of supervision can force you to develop areas of yourself that you would otherwise neglect. I'm sure that regardless of type, everyone can develop all functions to some extent.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I see - its you who are her supervisor.

Well I am my Mom's supervisor; she is ISFJ. Growing up, she really annoyed me, especially because she was bossy and invalidating of who I was.
    Mothers are almost always kinda bossy, especially if they donīt really know how to deal with a child that is not what they expected to be. My mother is ISFj and can be bossy and invalidating, itīs just a matter of her not being able to cope say with people arguing back at her.

We're roommates, not acquaintances.
    So why don't you find another apartment?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit