TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Helping you

Make sense of your life....

Your life, my life, everyone's essentially one form of a mouse case or another. Let me demonstrate

Alpha hamster cage is one where the hamster just sits on their wheel and says "I like my cage" exerting little energy in going around that wheel, because they realize, having observed everyone else on their wheel, go nowhere; yes, you essentially go nowhere on your wheel. If you make it go faster, like the Betas, you're still going no where, you're still in the cage, and if you want to polish your wheel where it goes faster, like the Gamma, you're still going no where. LOL and as for the Delta, like myself, who buy a cage and can't decide if we really like it so we give it away and get another one or we find new people to occupy our cage and well we're just looking for the perfect cage maybe even the perfect people to occupy our cage.

Your life in a hamster cage. You decide what you want to do in it while you're in it.

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There's more than a wheel in there...I call the little house in the corner!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUT... I don't want to be in the cage. I want to sit on the outside and watch everybody else endlessly spinning around in their little wheels.

Creepy-male

Inspiration Fail -- seriously I'd be figuring a way to get out of the cage or just commit hamster suicide.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roro View Post
    BUT... I don't want to be in the cage. I want to sit on the outside and watch everybody else endlessly spinning around in their little wheels.
    You just described alpha who sit there and watch everyone else do things with their cage.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Inspiration Fail -- seriously I'd be figuring a way to get out of the cage or just commit hamster suicide.
    Agreed. This is possibly the most demotivating thing I have even considered for the last couple months, and I attend classes regularly.

Fuck the hamster cage. I'm a Goddamn human, I forge my own destiny, huzzah!
    huzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpghuzzah.jpg
    Fuck the image cropping, I forge my own images, HUZZAH

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    You just described alpha who sit there and watch everyone else do things with their cage.
    K. Alpha because I don't want to be stuck in a cage. Got it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Everyone is in a cage, called the earth.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you do not deny that the cage can be left and additional resources and possibilities lie beyond it? What worth is the cage analogy in the first place, then?

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least not seeing the boundaries of the earth helps you keep the illusion of being free alive.

Fuck knowing I will live in a cage for the rest of my life.
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to Portal 3. The cage is a lie.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We're in...

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top is my astral observatory and bottom middle is the music room. The blue sphere is where we do virtual reality on tuesdays and thursdays.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post

Top is my astral observatory and bottom middle is the music room. The blue sphere is where we do virtual reality on tuesdays and thursdays.
    Living in a cage looks like fun.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Poli, you always come up with the best version of something, bigger, better, nicer looking, way cooler.
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol wtf is that a guinea pig in there? it can't fit through the tubes.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make it sound like that's a bad thing.
    Aren't there always boundaries? What would we be without them and how could we even know?

Hey Maritsa, I see you've decided who you are; is that also why you've decided who other people are?

Hey, Maritsa,
    Hey, Maritsa,
    Hey, Maritsa,

Please remember to say Hello,
    Listen for a bit, maybe.

Hello, Maritsa.

Am I annoying?

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    We're in...

I was on the idea that the core contains large amounts of nickel...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    I was on the idea that the core contains large amounts of nickel...
    Apparently it's Fe. As a Delta, I advise you to stay away.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post

Am I annoying?
    No
    -

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL and as for the Delta, like myself, who buy a cage and can't decide if we really like it so we give it away and get another one or we find new people to occupy our cage and well we're just looking for the perfect cage maybe even the perfect people to occupy our cage.
    If you can't decide if you like something then you never liked it in the first place. Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Everybody is in a cage in the sense that everybody plays privy to the same objective physical/scientific laws as everybody else. But a good magician knows how to morph those physical obstacles. They don't ever go away, but a lot of them move out of your way- when you are aligned. So actually even that isn't really true. Yeah a truck will kill me if it hits me. It has to hit me first. Being a hollywood celebrity or a STAR is so appealing cuz it's like you're in heaven looking downward at all the physical objects, easily avoiding what you don't want and grasping on what you do want.

With certain supreme mind states, levitation/fireballs/real super powers are probably possible. How else do you explain the Jews Sages controlling the world? ( @HaveLucidDreamz )

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    If you can't decide if you like something then you never liked it in the first place. Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
    I'm quoting this in my signature. I hope you don't mind. <3
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    I'm quoting this in my signature. I hope you don't mind. <3
    Only if you don't mind me stealing half that quote from Ronin

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL and as for the Delta, like myself, who buy a cage and can't decide if we really like it so we give it away and get another one or we find new people to occupy our cage and well we're just looking for the perfect cage maybe even the perfect people to occupy our cage.
    Hmm, you can put all SEEs in your cage and torture them when they try to do something with LSEs.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Hmm, you can put all SEEs in your cage and torture them when they try to do something with LSEs.
    Don't say that, she's still reeling from the royal wedding.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Don't say that, she's still reeling from the royal wedding.
    Oops. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post

I was thinking this too.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Being a hollywood celebrity or a STAR is so appealing cuz it's like you're in heaven looking downward at all the physical objects, easily avoiding what you don't want and grasping on what you do want.
    Hey I know this isn't what you mentioned me on... however I think this is somewhat misleading as Hollywood types deal with tons of paparazzi. It's like the price they pay for their fame, and many of them are puppets of entertainment executives. Power is in checks and balances in much of reality and there is rarely anyone who is merely supremely at the top -- a Hollywood star deals with a massive invasion of privacy from the laymen as a reaction to their extremely high status with respect to the laymen, and the reaction of their prosperity is having to deal with tons of entertainment execs and media types which are constantly trying to use them like a pawn.

They rarely get the choice to simply look down and choose to avoid others, consider a celebrity like Howard Hughes (not a present day celebrity) but he attempted to isolate himself and simply live his remaining days in isolation from the prying public, instead of people just forgetting him though they consistently attempted to write rumors about him and even a fake autobiography was published about his life along with claims he died before he did. Very rarely does some sense of "peace" come from being "famous" in fact is probably the exact opposite there is a constant struggle for these people to maintain their dominance and image in the media.

Many actors or singers who are famous are not necessarily masters in their profession, like much in reality it is not about being the "best, noblest, most competent, and talented" but rather about image and politics. Most of the types that end up in these positions of fame are usually types with a pre-disposition towards narcissism and are actually very anal and controlling with respect to their image. I imagine life for them feels like a duck/swan -- on the surface they look smooth and graceful but underneath the water they are struggling to kick and stay afloat.

In fact the trend I see now with "modern society" especially in affluent areas is that their is a constant degrading pressure that comes about from this hypercompetitive, image-focused, hyper-anxious/controlling mentality. Everyone is carefully trying to put out the best image... even some nasty sweaty worker guy works very hard to put the image of being a "gritty tough-guy" out, when in fact he may be more docile than his image leads one to believe. I personally have for quite some time looked at such a trend and felt annoyed/disgusted -- its just retarded in ways I can't explain, much of the previous challenges that early humans faced are no longer relevant -- disease, famine, natural predators and disasters -- people have the ability to live long comfortable lives in peace but instead they constantly shit all over such a golden opportunity by creating unnecessary conflict and drama which I find is mostly founded in a sort of narcissistic rise to glory/fame that is heavily romanticized in American culture and moreover recently in our global culture.

I think challenges are present in the world (imo) that deserve struggle, but these are not "What will I do to impress all my facebook friends? -- I don't want to be a loser because I only have 343 friends and this other girl who is less attractive has 569 friends!!!!!!" (aka popularity dick measuring contests with little use or substance to them). The challenges which deserve focus are things like improving the quality of life for citizens using science and technology, integrating globally, advancing ethics beyond superstitions and traditions, and pushing the boundaries of things which define our humanity -- like arts, exploration, knowledge, and so forth -- taking these pursuits further than the greats of the past did, out of appreciation for them and not out of a rise to narcissistic glory.

It's sad and depresses me, but in all reality from the time I've been alive it feels like a downhill regression in these pursuit, as well as looking into history. The typical joe could care less about making these improvements, trying to make such an observation will merely yield some douchey comebacks.... people trying to pull you down to their level as hard as they can, very few people genuinely deserve the social role of teacher/master as instead of seeking to develop your potential they are threatened by it and will focus on taking your dignity from you to keep you beneath them so they can go around and sample the base things live has to offer before hitting the grave (which to them, the narcissistic is the greatest tragedy to ever occur in all of human history).

Oh the reason I studied is physics is partly because technology and sciences gives people the ability to do things which effectively appear to transcend the intuitive boundaries of physical reality (say engineering a rocket to go to the moon) -- primal man would have simply accepted the fact the cosmos was this other realm for "gods" and not humans and looked at it reverently like a hamster in a cage. So that is also part of why I dislike the hamster in the cage reality, their are limitations, but I think its part of the human spirit to try to push beyond these limitations rather than accept them. I can understand the wisdom in accepting limitations for a sense of peace and humility so you don't become restless and over-ambitious but at the same time I think both states of complacency and impatience are bad, its about finding the zone where you can both progress and appreciate life -- you can push the boundaries while at the same time not fall apart. If anything I'd think one's perception of the cage they exist in is constantly transmuting and changing shape, its more like a kaledioscope imo.
    Last edited by male; 10-03-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Hamster cage…? Seriously?
    You're in a hamster cage, running around in a wheel all night, Ashton.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@HaveLucidDreamz:

yeah everybody has an ego, like something that is generally true the essence/shell of a person but life gets complicated. I have an ego as a nice, moral person but there are times when I am really nasty and hateful, though I need somebody to point out to me when I am this way because my ego will probably always think that I am in the right. that's why i like the phrase 'we all need somebody else's eyes.'

There is just no way to realize everything completely on your own, but everybody is really insecure and embarrassed to genuinely help others and for good reason. The few people who are out to be purely destructive ruin it for everybody kinda. Anyway I just loved how many times you used the word 'narcissistic.'

Life is just shit and messy with no neat pat answers and its easy for me to kinda just go to my narcissistic infp king fag happy place at times, i suppose i shouldn't be this way but im just so narcisisstically bright and shiny like that fucking sun in the teletubbies. God. lol.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I tell everyone in my cage how much I love them?
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Do you feel any better Tak? I wanted to respond to your depression thread but it was closed.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you feel any better Tak? I wanted to respond to your depression thread but it was closed.
    Yes I feel better. That's why I closed it
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Creepy-male

yeah everybody has an ego, like something that is generally true the essence/shell of a person but life gets complicated. I have an ego as a nice, moral person but there are times when I am really nasty and hateful, though I need somebody to point out to me when I am this way because my ego will probably always think that I am in the right. that's why i like the phrase 'we all need somebody else's eyes.'

There is just no way to realize everything completely on your own, but everybody is really insecure and embarrassed to genuinely help others and for good reason. The few people who are out to be purely destructive ruin it for everybody kinda. Anyway I just loved how many times you used the word 'narcissistic.'

Life is just shit and messy with no neat pat answers and its easy for me to kinda just go to my narcissistic infp king fag happy place at times, i suppose i shouldn't be this way but im just so narcisisstically bright and shiny like that fucking sun in the teletubbies. God. lol.
    Yea that's correct and more accurate, everyone does have a ego, but I guess what I mean by ego is overly fixated on just your ego, a failure to see beyond that or outside of that. Many people think that seeing outside the ego is akin to loosing one's sense of self but I think it's more like getting perspective, seeing how you fit into the bigger picture and seeing yourself in a real way.

So I guess this ties in with what you say about needing other people and people having an ego. What I mean by ego isn't that people should ignore their identities and needs and sense of self but to see beyond themselves a little... I mean it makes sense to me because ultimately everyone must die and being extremely focused on the self is like investing in a sinking ship, if you invest in other people or the planet or something greater than yourself then this sort of thing can survive past the limit of a single human lifespan, however to do so requires seeing how you fit into something larger and your interest is connected to that.

So essentially what I am saying isn't that the "ego" is literally bad but that just viewing reality from the perspective of your ego as the center of everything being bad, as opposed to say viewing your ego as a part of everything.