Thread: Why do SEI scrutinize their body?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Why do SEI scrutinize their body?

Why do SEI scrutinize their body?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By what premises have you reached this conclusion, I dare ask.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think your question would be easier to answer if it were more vague.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    By what premises have you reached this conclusion, I dare ask.
    Every SEI I know talks about something about themselves, their hair, their nose, their body size, their IDK something name it.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Every SEI I know talks about something about themselves, their hair, their nose, their body size, their IDK something name it.
    Women always ask "Honey, do you think I am fat?", especially SEIs
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because that's how Si egos entertain themselves.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do SEI scrutinize their body?
    I think many people scrutinize their body. To talk about it is just expressing that they do so. Maybe some types are more inclined to do that but don't bring it up.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I think many people scrutinize their body. To talk about it is just expressing that they do so. Maybe some types are more inclined to do that but don't bring it up.
    I was gonna tell you you're SLI. But I guess this is a good time. It has to do with noticing slight aesthetic variations and what effects of comfort and discomfort it has on one.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Honey, IDK much if I look fat or if you do, now can we eat that steak I wanted?
    -

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was gonna tell you you're SLI. But I guess this is a good time. It has to do with noticing slight aesthetic variations and what effects of comfort and discomfort it has on one.
    I am Fe PoLR? Fi as Hidden Agenda?

Umm, I think I have a very poor sense of comfort and aesthetic harmony.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    An SEI friend of mine thinks he's on the plump side compared to most people at his comparative height. He's 6ft and ~150lb (aka not plump). I think it's his way of expressing guilt for recklessly pursuing pleasure, because it sure doesn't last long before the debauchery begins again

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, being hedonists they are quiere aware of the concept of liking and disliking stuff. And they apply it to themselves. Oh, nothing worse than a SEI who dislikes him/herself...

Myself, I adore SEI women. They are usually chubby but in the "delicious" way. Lots of curves everywhere...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Well, being hedonists they are quiere aware of the concept of liking and disliking stuff. And they apply it to themselves. Oh, nothing worse than a SEI who dislikes him/herself...

Myself, I adore SEI women. They are usually chubby but in the "delicious" way. Lots of curves everywhere...
    I know, it's odd to me. I have an SEI friend who looks at herself every day and one who looks at her breasts and admires them and the other who has been talking about a breast job for a year.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I talk about my SEI brother's body more than he does.
    "Squishy, your hair looks so fluffy today!"
    "Squishy, it looks like you were mauled by something."

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.