Thread: Enneagram: Axes of Polarity - Inverse Types

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram: Axes of Polarity - Inverse Types

Last edited by silke; 11-30-2016 at 07:28 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm definitely 5w6. Though I can easily see how Enneagram is on top of Socionics.

5 Because I'm intellectual (Ne valuer).
    6 Because I'm loyalist (Fi valuer)
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This, again, doesn't make any sense whatsoever. How do you people even correlate this, I mean, it's beyond me.

Heh, 5w6 self-typed people on here actually seem to be delta even though they self-type differently. What the heck?

This doesn't make any sense, just like that hand thread.

Seriously, I'm getting madder day by day posting on this forum or people posting on it are already mad and I'm just imagining things.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    5 Because I'm intellectual (Ne valuer).
    I don't think you're quite as "intellectual" as you think you are.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Well, same here, but that doesn't change the fact is it completely fruity. The things people utter on here, some of them at least. I mean I get figging nutters when talking with some people on here and beer doesn't seem to help. I'm doomed. Seriously.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you think is quite irrelevant. Things are true or not because they are proven that way and in a one-liner you prove nothing but your negative disposition toward me.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    What you think is quite irrelevant. Things are true or not because they are proven that way and in a one-liner you prove nothing but your negative disposition toward me.
    Well, squark is high on subjective stuff, forget that, but do you find such self-typing alright?

Correlating E5 with Ne dominance in your case and E6 with Fi supportive/creative means that LII/ILI resting upon 5w6 is, in fact, Ne dominant and Fi creative, thus, NeFi, a humanist.

I don't get this kind of logic.

I would like it to be so, though, ahem...

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Well, same here, but that doesn't change the fact is it completely fruity. The things people utter on here, some of them at least. I mean I get figging nutters when talking with some people on here and beer doesn't seem to help. I'm doomed. Seriously.
    My comment was in regard to the correlation that he made: Ne=intellectual=5. Retardedness. Of course it's "fruity;" to make a correlation of such demonstrates a lack of intellect.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Siuntal; you came back.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My comment was in regard to the correlation that he made: Ne=intellectual=5. Retardedness. Of course it's "fruity;" to make a correlation of such demonstrates a lack of intellect.
    It does. Agree. And that's what I said.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, people here in the forum are a good answer to that question. While you see some people who has difficulties identifying their type, I believe most are well aware of what they are and what values they identify with and others seem to agree even if they dislike them. That brings a high degree of reliability. But I'd spearate Socionics from everything else. Enneagram is fun but I find it grossly inconsistent and arbitrary; it seems to me like it explains certain behaviours but is worthless as typology.

And the reason why I set Socionics apart from everything else is that it is way more scientific than what it seems at first sight. If you're to conduct an experiment you don't start by asking people questions about themselves. You take a large population from a neutral setting like a public elementary school (on the hope that types will be homogeneously distributed) and start putting them into grups, switching each one from group to group. Eventually, you'll find clear evidence of the social types (relationships) rather than individual types. This is, you'll find that conflictors or members of opposing quadras find it difficult to interact with each other, for example, and members of the same quadra get along well without any previous background. Once you have figured out those social types, it would be relatively easy to assign quadras and individual types.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always have such kind of discussions with Ti valuers. You don't seem to understand that, to a Fi thinker, the definition of a word is not something of an "official statement". This is, it's not what the dictionary defines it but the way people understands it. We see connections between a word, which is abstract and empty, and different concepts it is related to. And sometimes a word contains contradictory meanings.

Here what I notice is that you confuse what a person is with his performance. Intellectual simply means that he lives in the world of ideas; not neccesarily that he produces great ideas. In Socionics intellectuality is represented by intuition simply because intuition means abstraction. And among intuitives, the most intellectual are the NFs. They are defined in Socionics as "pure mental types". Hence my correlation.

So separate performance from essence. A sensor-logic can have great performance but that doesn't make him intellectual. Say, enneagram 5 correlates to your understanding of intellectuality but that means it's shit.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I stand where I did before. Enneagram plus Socionics seems to be, hmm, a bit off the rocker. So, it is one or the other as far as I am concerned.