Thread: extroverts, how would you describe

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default extroverts, how would you describe

your inner world?
    would you say you "live in your head" much?

i know this is an incredibly vague question but i'm not sure how to make it more specific and i don't want to create too many limits on the responses anyway.

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. Atleast when I am alone, when I am with people not so much actually.
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That depends on circumstances. I find myself actually forgetting/blacking out when I have to do something in some other place and I still have things to do in my head from previous tasks. So what happens is, I mull them over in my head and when I have arrived at the destination where I have to take care of something else I black out momentarily even forgetting where I was going.

Like I said, it just happens when I have a lot on my mind.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right, this is an incredibly vague question and I have very little idea of how to answer.

My take on my "inner world", upon cursory reflection, is that I have greatest access to it when immediately exposed to external stimuli that best reflect it. Once that's in place, I can stay in that world for however long until that particular stimulus, or another one that best approximates its effects on me, is gone or until the feeling has run its course and I feel like jumping into something different. It's as if I value the outside world as a catalyst for generating new perspectives on how this inner world is to be constructed. Not sure how consistent of a thing this is for extraverts in general though.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    your inner world?

i know this is an incredibly vague question but i'm not sure how to make it more specific and i don't want to create too many limits on the responses anyway.
    My mind is like a lightning bolt on crack.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae2point0 View Post
    My mind is like a lightning bolt on crack.
    Thief!

I've often described my mind as the spreading tendrils of a lightening bolt, all hitting at once, then boom..a different strike, then boom, yet another strike. All being different patterns that hit one after another after another. Though I wouldn't have used the imageryof it being on crack...so I guess you're only a partial thief.

-----

Regarding OP...
    I spend a lot of time daydreaming and running scenarios through my mind.
    When I have to figure something out, I have to do it outside of myself...whether talking about the ideas that are popping into my mind, or writing it out on a card/stickynote so I can move it around until I find some patterns. Often I will repeat this at different sessions until I start noticing certain things keep cropping up each time.

I don't know what I am going to say until I've already said it...this often gets me into trouble.

But mostly the daydreaming and scenario running.

My SeFi daughter prefers to receive external stimulus rather than providing it for herself. Though I suppose one could say that the roleplaying chats she does reflect part of her inner world.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to depend a lot on external stuff. Without becoming an introvert, I believe I'm quite "introverted" now. Have my own interests, ideas, secrets, opinions.

I still resent when I'm alone for long periods of time, though.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your inner world?
    Describe it? I guess the closest I could come would be saying a swirling mass of feelings, I dunno, I think about lots of different stuff, many imprints from my childhood and throughout my life have stuck with me and I see them reflected in things I encounter every day. I think a lot about humanity, the fate of America, whether people are intrinsically good or not, what I am doing with my life, my girlfriend, my friends and family, religions and corporations and other strange mass groupings of humans and how they come to be and function, who I really am, what other people think of me, my past, the art I want to make...I could go on.

Yeah, I think my thoughts act as a barrier between myself and the outside world. I have a second, very depersonalized "self" that I use for my job in sales, dealing with strangers, etc. that is operated in a puppet-like manner by my conscious thoughts. It only comes down when I feel very safe with someone.
    Last edited by Gilly; 09-24-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I understand a lot of people (introverts) can't blank out their mind. I can, but it usually only lasts a few minutes before I return to making silent observations. For example:
    *staring at the Mona Lisa*
    Her hair looks weird...partly translucent? What was Leonardo trying to do? It looks kinda bubbly...oh, there's a green streak up there. Never noticed that before.

And when I think, I use correct punctuation. Sometimes I do think in the first person. It's usually something like, "In what order can I do these tasks for maximum efficiency?"

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "living in your head". If it means being unaware of your tangible surroundings, then no I'm definitely not like that.
    I'm the other way around. If I'm highly focused and working on something, people can scare me just by suddenly talking to me.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took "living in your head" to mean having an abstracted thought process that detracts from ones involvement from the surroundings, although not necessarily to the detriment of actual awareness.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mind is always racing with thoughts, but I'm still pretty aware of what's going on around me. It's very difficult for me to quiet my mind completely, though it usually helps when I am absorbed in some task or hanging around other people.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I took "living in your head" to mean having an abstracted thought process that detracts from ones involvement from the surroundings, although not necessarily to the detriment of actual awareness.
    I think this is what I had in mind.

a mental state that isn't interactive or particularly relevant to what's going on around you. where external stuff becomes peripheral to what's going on inside

Creepy-Snaps

your inner world?

How would you describe your view of your external world?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    How would you describe your view of your external world?
    i guess i assume its the same as everybody elses, even if when i intellectualize it i think maybe that's not the case.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh it never occurred to me to talk about the content of my inner world/imagination/internal musings/whatever.

It's weird, but I find that my inner world is permeated by an ever-present sense of impending apocalyptic destruction. It's kinda like the Nothing in Neverending Story, just this inexplicable mass of something whose presence marks the coming of the end in some way, and that I have to pluck up the courage to stand up to it, accept my fate as a hero warrior of some sort, and fight against it, probably ensuring my own extermination in the process. This generally brings with it a sense that the something about the world is void of and detached from itself, nothing is familiar and everything is fighting a losing battle against entropy. I find that such a feeling often comes up in my dreams, where there's very little motion or transformation in any part of the world, as if the universe has lost the will to move and just kind of hangs there lifelessly. This brings a sense of urgency as well, seeing that since everything is falling apart I have to make the most of what life has to offer and fulfill my destiny in the cosmos, whatever that may be.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Oh it never occurred to me to talk about the content of my inner world/imagination/internal musings/whatever.

It's weird, but I find that my inner world is permeated by an ever-present sense of impending apocalyptic destruction. It's kinda like the Nothing in Neverending Story, just this inexplicable mass of something whose presence marks the coming of the end in some way, and that I have to pluck up the courage to stand up to it, accept my fate as a hero warrior of some sort, and fight against it, probably ensuring my own extermination in the process. This generally brings with it a sense that the something about the world is void of and detached from itself, nothing is familiar and everything is fighting a losing battle against entropy. I find that such a feeling often comes up in my dreams, where there's very little motion or transformation in any part of the world, as if the universe has lost the will to move and just kind of hangs there lifelessly. This brings a sense of urgency as well, seeing that since everything is falling apart I have to make the most of what life has to offer and fulfill my destiny in the cosmos, whatever that may be.
    Jesus fuck no wonder Deltas are so goddamn xenophobic

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus fuck no wonder Deltas are so goddamn xenophobic
    This is the gift and the curse of the E6.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    This is the gift and the curse of the E6.
    Maybe too but colored by Delta...I just feel like some 6s I know are driven by this in a more heavily intellectualized sense, less, uhh...full-on paranoia/clutchingly-need-to-be-safe way.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe too but colored by Delta...I just feel like some 6s I know are driven by this in a more heavily intellectualized sense, less, uhh...full-on paranoia/clutchingly-need-to-be-safe way.
    Keep in mind that this is all a depiction of an idealized fantasy, and I don't see this carrying over to my real life in any heavily literal, paranoid way.

It seems like those are traits exhibited by persons who score relatively high in Neuroticism.
    I generally score high neuroticism.
    Last edited by Galen; 09-25-2012 at 02:15 AM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like those are traits exhibited by persons who score relatively high in Neuroticism.
    femalez

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 primary modes of thought:

1, I see flashes of instantaneous understanding of the cause and effect of every possible action I could take at that very moment, and I choose extremely quickly which one is the best choice.

2. My inner world is a music video of a sad yet beautiful ending to a movie on constant repeat. The visuals and the music usually change frequently. I feel everything, sense the environment, and LIVE it. Its my "happy place." For example, a video I made of an expedition I went on:

this game HAD to be made by my identical:
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I score 98 on Extroversion in Big Five. It makes me feel somewhat unoriginal since I apparently only seem to adopt ideas and my originality is based on combining these. However, this seems common. I'm very adaptible and influenced by the exterior world. Then there's my introversion..

There seems to be an orderly and static world within myself. I call it the Garden and it seems to have more dimensions than three, at least they are not the conventional dimensions. Within there are, mostly unnamed, phenomenoms that can be seen in every manifestation. They are formulas of every outer world phenomena I can apply them to. To name some of the most simple ones: Dao (yin & yang), dialectics, exponential growth, counter-reaction, eternal balance and other things parallel to material manifestations. To me the Garden is a holy place. Even expressing something vaguely can seem like a desecration to this place. Few times I have spaced out and been there. It's one of the most beautiful things I perceived. Although I dislike Plato's duality it seems to be somewhat like the Idea World.

It's very hard to speak about it because everytime I name parts of it, it seems to change it's form. Sometimes, especially on acid, I try to point out something that seems to make sense only in that world and then I start to stutter as I realize that nobody can't touch it as I do. This makes me very keen on finding and collecting various precise definitions so that I can apply my perceptions about the material world with the wonders of the Garden.

I've also had a short breakdown where there were demons at the gates of the Garden. I don't know how close they were but that Garden shouldn't contain anothing human nor inhuman. It seems to be my only beacon of sanity throughout all this fluidity. But it is so strong and essential that I don't believe I even can lose my mind. I still remember this so well that it got my eyes wet when writing this.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden