Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 201

Thread: Don't be a cosmic idiot

  1. #1
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Don't be a cosmic idiot

    This is something you should see:



    Or in short:


    Also:
    E-Prime (short for English-Prime, sometimes denoted E′) is a version of the English language that excludes all forms of the verb to be. E-Prime does not allow the conjugations of to bebe, am, is, are, was, were, been, being the archaic forms of to be (e.g. art, wast, wert), or the contractions of to be's, 'm, 're (e.g. I'm, he's, she's, they're).

    Some scholars advocate using E-Prime as a device to clarify thinking and strengthen writing. For example, the sentence "the film was good" could translate into E-Prime as "I liked the film" or as "the film made me laugh". The E-Prime versions communicate the speaker's experience rather than judgment, making it harder for the writer or reader to confuse opinion with fact.

    Better use that next time you are about to type someone with absolute certainty.
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  2. #2
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    E-Prime (short for English-Prime, sometimes denoted E′) is a version of the English language that excludes all forms of the verb to be. E-Prime does not allow the conjugations of to be—be, am, is, are, was, were, been, being— the archaic forms of to be (e.g. art, wast, wert), or the contractions of to be—'s, 'm, 're (e.g. I'm, he's, she's, they're).

    Some scholars advocate using E-Prime as a device to clarify thinking and strengthen writing. For example, the sentence "the film was good" could translate into E-Prime as "I liked the film" or as "the film made me laugh". The E-Prime versions communicate the speaker's experience rather than judgment, making it harder for the writer or reader to confuse opinion with fact.
    dumb. as if you never want to leave things in the middle as to what you meant, or leave it to the imagination of the reader.

  3. #3
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    dumb. as if you never want to leave things in the middle as to what you meant, or leave it to the imagination of the reader.
    The idea is not to use it at all times. It's a tool that has purposes and just like other tools they have their place and use.
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  4. #4
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    WRONG:

    E-Prime (short for English-Prime, sometimes denoted E′) is a version of the English language that excludes all forms of the verb to be.

  5. #5
    Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    entp
    Posts
    695
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how shortsighted was that labster? You can use E-prime on a segment of text. It doesn't mean you have to use it on everything you write in your entire life.
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

  6. #6
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fermi View Post
    how shortsighted was that labster? You can use E-prime on a segment of text. It doesn't mean you have to use it on everything you write in your entire life.
    This is what I meant.
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  7. #7
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    still dumb

  8. #8
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    still dumb
    Explicate.
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  9. #9
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how shortsighted was that labster? You can use E-prime on a segment of text. It doesn't mean you have to use it on everything you write in your entire life.
    look, if you start and stop using it at your leisure it's obviously the same thing as just using English. the only additional feature it confers upon your language use is a handicap. if you can lift that handicap whenever you want, there's nothing left of your cute little innovation.

    let me know when you're all caught up with me. in fact, don't. i'm leaving this thread to it's misery.

    ps. i was responding to the first part of aqua's post under it's only sensible interpretation, not the second sentence which he edited in later causing him to turn his own comment into a non-sequitur for the reason i express above.

  10. #10
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,613
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    its not incredibly interesting to me but i can see its usefulness. if anything as just a mind exercise.

  11. #11
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    look, if you start and stop using it at your leisure it's obviously the same thing as just using English. the only additional feature it confers upon your language use is a handicap. if you can lift that handicap whenever you want, there's nothing left of your cute little innovation.

    let me know when you're all caught up with me. in fact, don't. i'm leaving this thread to it's misery.

    ps. i was responding to the first part of aqua's post under it's only sensible interpretation, not the second sentence which he edited in later causing him to turn his own comment into a non-sequitur for the reason i express above.
    Jesus what crawled up your ass dude

    He's just saying it can be used intermittently as a technique or language exercise rather than devoting oneself to never using "to be" for the rest of one's life.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  12. #12
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, like i said. dumb.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bump.

  14. #14
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, labster sure seemed negative about it. It's just a simple mind exercise if you eliminate that verb from some sentences. If you include the perceiver in the sentence it (which is what this is pretty much about) also makes one impossible to be called out since you can't tell someone that they perceived something otherwise, there will be no more stupid arguments like "Bach is better than Mozart" and in general it's more polite and constructive.

    Think about the latter in this sense:
    "Labster seemed to miss all of it's value and he didn't even seem willing to give it a thought." vs.
    "Labster had missed all of it's value and wasn't even willing to give it a thought."
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  15. #15
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Explicate.
    give me a fact regarding someone's typing, since you proposed it

  16. #16
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    give me a fact regarding someone's typing, since you proposed it
    First you just simply stated it was dumb and now you seem to request me to help you out on explicating it. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere and further debate would probably be just a useless bummer to this thread since I feel that you are not going to change your mind no matter what would I say.

    I'm fine with being with the policy of "You either get it or you don't."
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 09-18-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Added a space that was missing.
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  17. #17
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Labster had missed all of it's value and wasn't even willing to give it a thought."
    your mistaking unwillingness to give a thought for a well considered awareness of millions of nuances as to how a proposition is flawed.

  18. #18
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @anyone
    Could you imagine that increasing the use of sentences which contain the information about the observer being aware that they are merely perceiving could lead to a consciousness that is more aware of being an observer of the subjective nature of reality that is modified by the outlook of the observer?

    These include segments of sentence like "I think", "it seems", "in my opinion/experience"?
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  19. #19
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    your mistaking unwillingness to give a thought for a well considered awareness of millions of nuances as to how a proposition is flawed.
    And observe how labster quoted the more offensive version of my example!
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Doesn't reality exist independently of your perception?

  21. #21
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Doesn't reality exist independently of your perception?
    It does seem so to me but I haven't been outside of my perception to perceive.
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    It does seem so to me but I haven't been outside of my perception to perceive.
    Don't think any one has been.

  23. #23
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    First you just simply stated it was dumb and now you seem to request me to help you out on explicating it. It doesn't seem to be going anywhereand further debate would probably be just a useless bummer to this thread since I feel that you are not going to change your mind no matter what would I say.

    I'm fine with being with the policy of "You either get it or you don't."
    you're full of shit

    facts and opinions are the same thing, and they're just as useless, the only difference between them is the likelihood of being true - and that's usually determined individually by each person. so you're asking people to rate every fucking statement on a useless and vauge scale that was invented by I don't know who. something could be fact to you but isn't to me, dispite it being highly probable, and what I consider as a fact on a given topic could very well be useless in another. i could go on, but something tells me you don't know what you're talking about. so show me a fact of yours on a relevant topic, like someone's type, or whatever the fuck you were talking about in the op, because obviously I don't understand shit.

    also, i swear i had this discussion before, maybe with someone else, but i remember gilly posting in that thread as well

  24. #24
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,613
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think ryan doesn't get it, lol.

  25. #25
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think lungs is baiting me, lol

  26. #26
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,613
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    does this have to be another thread about whether objective reality exists because i think there's like 17 of those already.

    or maybe aqua doesn't care, i dunno.

  27. #27
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So you have chosen to start this with me. Sure, doll. It will at least bump the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    you're full of shit
    I SEEM to be full of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    so you're asking people to rate every fucking statement on a useless and vauge scale that was invented by I don't know who.
    I didn't ask them to do that to every statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    something could be fact to you but isn't to me, dispite it being highly probable, and what I consider as a fact on a given topic could very well be useless in another.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    so show me a fact of yours on a relevant topic, like someone's type, or whatever the fuck you were talking about in the op, because obviously I don't understand shit.
    I don't mix facts with pseudo-sciences.
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    [...]people who rely heavily on ‘to be’ (‘I am’, ‘you are’, and ‘we are’) tend to be more dogmatic in their thinking than people who don’t.
    What follows is, those dogmatic people after eliminating those forms from their vocabulary won't be dogmatic anymore. Cool, heh.

    Ryan, time to stop being dogmatic.

  29. #29
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I don't mix facts with pseudo-sciences.
    bingo

    should have said that from the very beginning instead of dancing around the subject

    well, guess what? i do

  30. #30
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    What follows is, those dogmatic people after eliminating those forms from their vocabulary won't be dogmatic anymore. Cool, heh.

    Ryan, time to stop being dogmatic.
    lol, political correctness ftw

  31. #31
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    does this have to be another thread about whether objective reality exists because i think there's like 17 of those already.
    Good point. I hope these discussions will go along the premise that the reality is subjective. I have no interest in debating with those in favor of Nave Realism.
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  32. #32
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    well, guess what? i do
    Okay. Cute. What was your point again?
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  33. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Good point. I hope these discussions will go along the premise that the reality is subjective. I have no interest in debating with those in favor of Nave Realism.
    I wasn't debating anything, just asked, and better cease posting those funny links, if you do not want a debate you're so against, apparently.

  34. #34
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Apparently this is a sensitive subject.
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  35. #35
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Doesn't reality exist independently of your perception?
    I had a friendly argument with someone about that, on the top of a shipwreck in the middle of the desert. They said there were multiple realities because there are multiple perceptions; I said reality exists independent of perception, perception is based on reality even if it doesn't fully encompass it (reality -> perception), and while I agree each person's perception is their reality, all the perception-realities are in turn part of the greater reality even if they conflict. I think I lost him on the last one.

    Anyway.



    E-prime! I learned about this my first semester of English in college. So few people know about it! In my opinion, its judicious use strengthens communication, particularly written. It turns sentences from passive to active and, yes, encourages specifics and clarity.

    I have made it a habit when writing. Sometimes if I feel something I wrote is too weak or not impactful enough I'll reread and edit out the "to be" verbs as much as I can. Invariably my writing benefits.

    So props and thumbs-up and kudos to Aquagraph for knowing about it! Double points since you don't have English as your first language.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  36. #36
    COOL AND MANLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Good point. I hope these discussions will go along the premise that the reality is subjective. I have no interest in debating with those in favor of Nave Realism.
    "reality" is just as stupid subject as the one you linked, let me know when you leave reality or whatever shit you're on, i'll be sure to cheer you on

    you may want to read this page before you start speaking nonsense

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Okay. Cute. What was your point again?
    god, you're hopeless

  37. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Apparently this is a sensitive subject.
    And I used 'you're' in sentence. 'I am' dogmatic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I had a friendly argument with someone about that, on the top of a shipwreck in the middle of the desert. They said there were multiple realities because there are multiple perceptions; I said reality exists independent of perception, perception is based on reality even if it doesn't fully encompass it (reality -> perception), and while I agree each person's perception is their reality, all the perception-realities are in turn part of the greater reality even if they conflict. I think I lost him on the last one.
    Well yes, wonder how would that person reply after passing away. Nice, though.

    Atlas farted.

  38. #38
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I have made it a habit when writing. Sometimes if I feel something I wrote is too weak or not impactful enough I'll reread and edit out the "to be" verbs as much as I can. Invariably my writing benefits.
    I never thought of it as a method to spice up communication but it does make sense.

    Thank you for cheering up the thread before it turned sour. I fail to understand what pisses people off about E-prime.

    Let it be known that
    I'M NOT ADVOCATING CENSORSHIP NOR SAYING THAT JESUS HATES YOU IF YOU DON'T USE ENOUGH E-PRIME!

    You can relax now!

    Also:
    Can someone please tell their best theory of what Ryan is critizing about E-Prime since I don't know and he obviously doesn't want to share.
    I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  39. #39
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Well yes, wonder how would that person reply after passing away. Nice, though.

    Atlas farted.
    Um, yes, I would wonder what they'd say after passing away, too. I haven't heard much from beyond the grave, so I would find it interesting in any case.


    One of the funny things about that conversation is that he claimed the logical side. I think logic must be subjective...
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  40. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I fail to understand what pisses people off about E-prime.
    I doesn't piss me off. It takes a lot to piss me off.

    Can someone please tell their best theory of what Ryan is critizing about E-Prime since I don't know and he obviously doesn't want to share.
    I have no idea. I'm sure labcoat knows.

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Um, yes, I would wonder what they'd say after passing away, too. I haven't heard much from beyond the grave, so I would find it interesting in any case.

    One of the funny things about that conversation is that he claimed the logical side. I think logic must be subjective...
    Well, one can even deduce logic doesn't exist for it is nothing tangible so it was funny.
    Last edited by Absurd; 09-18-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •