But what do you think it is?
    good bye

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm voting for Romney.
    I'm also joining the army. I hope boot camp involves lots of PT; that should be fun.

I like cats and dogs. They are sweet.

I'm an adrenaline addict. I didn't get to run on the beach today because I got blisters on my feet from not wearing shoes yesterday, so I'm anxious and cranky.

I double majored and have two degrees, but can't find an entry-level job to use them.

type me type me. you know you're bored.
    good bye

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling @Maritsa

I require your expertise!

Going to bed now!
    good bye

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi,

I haven't read your posts. I may ask you some questions; tomorrow maybe.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Hi,

I haven't read your posts. I may ask you some questions; tomorrow maybe.
    Being as you're the only one who responded as of yet, I appreciate the attention and vow to enjoy it. I eagerly look forward to your questions.
    good bye

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Because it is ESI?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

why are you asking? just curious

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For fun.
    good bye

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEE.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, let's begin.

Describe yourself externally; I mean from when you wake up to sleep, what do you do?
    I get up around 8 and eat breakfast. Sometimes the kitty pushes the door open and comes in and meows at me, while I'm getting dressed. She's always purring. It's cute. I usually think about stuff I want to get done that day and depending on how I feel I will go run or not. I have to be careful not to over-train since I kind of get addicted to exercising.

If I go running, I'll take my scooter to the beach and run on the sand. I used to be able to run without shoes, but got blisters somehow (I think the hot sand burned my feet one day). Now I got those toe shoes. The beach is funny. There is a section for dogs and the small dogs always like to bark and chase me and then I stop and confront them and they run away. It's like they are playing with me or something. I once saw a giant puppy and had to pet it; Great Danes are huge. Sometimes I find seagulls and birds with one leg. One seagull had both legs, but lost the foot on the bottom of his right leg. Somehow he was still able to walk on it, which is kind of funny to see.

What objects/activities call your attention?
    Since I don't have a job right now, I've been selling a lot of stuff on ebay and fixing things that I can fix myself, like the scooter and motorcycle. Adjusting valves, replacing broken valve stems, changing oil, replacing bad oil seals, keeping the brakes working well, etc. I'm still getting all my shit together for the army. I need to get a replacement high school diploma, even though I have transcripts. They are kind of anal, but then again, I'm going to be getting a security clearance, but it's probably necessary.

I have a compulsive need to ask questions during the day. If I can't find an answer for something, I will usually jot it down to investigate later. Like if I'm watching a sport and I don't understand some rules or terminology, I'll spend a lot of time looking it up. Or if I'm curious about something pertaining to physics, I'll do the same, and if it is theoretical, I'll invest some time in working out what is happening at an atomic level. People don't usually encourage this sort of thing, but it has helped me greatly in school and I'm come to understand things a lot better than most would if they only regurgitated what they are told.

Do you ever find yourself confusing facts? As in when you have to relate something of factual nature to someone, do you get things mixed up and related the wrong information? When you do relate the wrong information, how do you feel? What feelings arise?
    Not usually. I did get banned from a forum once for linking the wrong information to back up what I was saying. But then again, it wasn't a very open place and they didn't even discuss it with me at all. Just deleted the post, so I reposted, asking what was wrong. Then they banned me. I didn't realize until after that I had linked the wrong thing. They wouldn't even tell me what was wrong so I could fix it; douches. Normally, I'd make an account and call them out on their shit, but I can't take people like that seriously. enough to care about being listened to by them.
    good bye

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

probably ne creative, since you asked, but i don't really have an explanation and for some reason i feel nervous about telling you.
    do you want to talk about why you decided esi?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    probably ne creative, since you asked, but i don't really have an explanation and for some reason i feel nervous about telling you.
    Better don't ask.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post

Not usually. I did get banned from a forum once for linking the wrong information to back up what I was saying. But then again, it wasn't a very open place and they didn't even discuss it with me at all. Just deleted the post, so I reposted, asking what was wrong. Then they banned me. I didn't realize until after that I had linked the wrong thing. They wouldn't even tell me what was wrong so I could fix it; douches. Normally, I'd make an account and call them out on their shit, but I can't take people like that seriously. enough to care about being listened to by them.
    If you conceptually think about it, can you imagine what it would mean for someone to seek a Te base type?

You don't use any of your Ti role function to state things in more of a categorical and orderly fashion, more of a complete thought; I would say mostly that both ESI and EII go through the order of the day, you just stopped at some experiences. Often times certain sensory responses, like a purring kitty excite a judgement on your part "it's cute". You describe a lot of what you see around you and observe around you. Let's compare that to me:

I woke up at 6am today; I usually wake up earlier. I'll take my medication and wait an hour or so to have breakfast. I usually have cereal and check on the forum posts in between. [here, you can see the loss of order of things] After I have my cereal, I'll take a shower and go through my usual morning routine, and get ready for work. I usually take the same route to work. [here you can see the liking of routine]. I like taking the public transit because I'm helping LA become less congested and environmentally cleaner by making choices like reducing car emissions. [here you can see the "responsibility" nature of the EII.] I sometimes like starting conversations on the metro, especially with people who I find interesting and I'll either read a book, or chat with someone on the way to work. I usually don't have enough energy to be so interactive and sometimes I withdraw within myself so that I can maintain my strength or my sanity threw-out the day, and in that case I'll remain quiet and somewhat within myself and though I'm not purposefully trying to avoid contact with others, I do seem more "to the corner" and "head down" and within myself in those moments. I don't usually notice everyone, all activities around me. I'm not keen to such details. Today, for instance, I was mowing over my feelings about a dream I had, being very mental, and concerned thinking about all the possibilities of what certain things meant and if I should act on some of the thoughts, but reason tells me that it was just a dream and it's not likely that it means something seriously harmful. [I would continue at this pace, describing the rest of the day, my activities, and my interactions with people, as well as what particular things incite what particular feelings as you see about the bad dream feelings I had.]

This is Fi ....the images that incite particular feelings.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-18-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, everyone thinks I'm INTj. I'm not sure why. The more I've learned about the concept of Ti that Jung was talking about, the more I realize I've always found it either a suspicious function in regards to how it treats people or one that seeks order for the sake of order in itself, no real concern for humanity on an individual, collective, and existential level. It's a self-empowering function and one I've always hated. I've never felt more uncomfortable than when I'm told to sell myself in some way, especially if that involves making small things look bigger than they are. You could be right, but I don't think INTj makes much sense, for those that still fixate on that idea.

Maybe. What's on your mind about it?
    good bye

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you conceptually think about it, can you imagine what it would mean for someone to seek a Te base type?
    I greatly admire those that can lead and manage well. They keep things running, give people something to believe in that is more than them-self, and make the world more humane in the process. They also tend to be good teachers and not take people on a superficial basis. Historically, Charlemagne, Frederick the Great, Marcus Aurelius, people like that. People like Gordon Ramsay, who saves restaurants from going under, my electrical engineering teacher (head of the department) that didn't take my anger personally when our group was having serious problems, but gave suggestions to help fix our problems, or people like Romney, who although may not be a saint (who is?), at least knows or have some idea of what they can do to improve society. I think Obama is Fe-valuing and he's so annoying about it that I think by destroying the country he feels he's doing everyone a favor; I swear if he gets re-elected, that might be the end of the US as a superpower (which is what he wants, I'm rather sure at this point after reading about his past and seeing a film about it as well); it's all very sad, really, that people fall for that shit and villanize those that don't give them that immediate "good feeling".

I mean, yes, Te types can be great assholes however, probably much worse than Fi PoLRs because they "believe" in their Fi on a fundamental level and it probably has more to do with maturity anyway. But heh, no one is perfect.
    good bye

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I greatly admire those that can lead and manage well. They keep things running, give people something to believe in that is more than them-self, and make the world more humane in the process. They also tend to be good teachers and not take people on a superficial basis. Historically, Charlemagne, Frederick the Great, Marcus Aurelius, people like that. People like Gordon Ramsay, who saves restaurants from going under, my electrical engineering teacher (head of the department) that didn't take my anger personally when our group was having serious problems, but gave suggestions to help fix our problems, or people like Romney, who although may not be a saint (who is?), at least knows or have some idea of what they can do to improve society. I think Obama is Fe-valuing and he's so annoying about it that I think by destroying the country he feels he's doing everyone a favor; I swear if he gets re-elected, that might be the end of the US as a superpower (which is what he wants, I'm rather sure at this point after reading about his past and seeing a film about it as well); it's all very sad, really, that people fall for that shit and villanize those that don't give them that immediate "good feeling".

I mean, yes, Te types can be great assholes however, probably much worse than Fi PoLRs because they "believe" in their Fi on a fundamental level and it probably has more to do with maturity anyway. But heh, no one is perfect.
    Do you weigh pros and cons of situations before action?

One major thing about Ne polr is "the feeling of uncertainty" that divide ESI from EII; EII is more certain, less, well, concerned about what will happen, more brave and more positivist. How would you say you are here?

And about the details of things. EII are far less concerned for them than an ESI. How are you here?

So far, dichotomy wise, you're a Democratic type...alining you nicely with Alpha and Delta quadrant.
    -

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you weigh pros and cons of situations before action?
    My initial reaction is "not really". I go towards actions that I want to do. I avoid and hold off on those that I don't until I need to. I can't just decide one thing has this many pros and that many cons and so I want that pro so I'm gonna do it, lol. If only my emotions were that easy to defer. Anyway, that probably wasn't very insightful. Can you be more specific?
    good bye

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to go. Be back later.
    good bye

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Maybe. What's on your mind about it?
    do you relate to me? (i don't even know what you type me, but this is what is on my mind.)

i'm biased toward seeing Fi as more in touch with humanity than Ti too but i don't know if that's really fair or not.

when you say things like, "its a self-empowering function" it reminds me of the sort of stuff poli and other some other ne types on here say ( especially liis) and i associate it with them. i have no idea what it means in real terms and i get the impression you're conveying some kind of conceptual vibe and taking it for granted that others will be on the same page, does that make sense? its that sort of thing that i pick up on a fair amount from you. your posts are interesting, though, like i told you once before.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who types you LII?

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how would being an istj make you feel?
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiosity, are there any common characteristics of an introvert or extrovert person? I'm not sure which one I am, since I like having a social life but I enjoy alone time as well.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ethancreed View Post
    Just out of curiosity, are there any common characteristics of an introvert or extrovert person? I'm not sure which one I am, since I like having a social life but I enjoy alone time as well.
    Yes, extraverts charge objects with libido while introverts are charged by libido from objects.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ethancreed View Post
    To find this out you have to be in check of your thoughts for a while. When you are in a group of people are you more focused on how you are feeling or how everyone else is feeling. Basically feeler introverts are more in tune with their own moods than the mood of others. Intuitive extroverts are better at seeing big picture intuitive introverts whats hidden behind. Sensing extroverts are good at defining everything whats material as they are focused on the "look" of their surroundings while introverts are more focused on whats hidden behind the actual look - the sensations.. etc dont know if im making a lot of sense as i am drunk.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My initial reaction is "not really". I go towards actions that I want to do. I avoid and hold off on those that I don't until I need to. I can't just decide one thing has this many pros and that many cons and so I want that pro so I'm gonna do it, lol. If only my emotions were that easy to defer. Anyway, that probably wasn't very insightful. Can you be more specific?
    That puts you right out of ESI; and another thing that puts you out of ESI is the lack of certain "enforcing" will over your decisions. You see the Se of an ESI is firm in their beliefs, sometimes almost religiously so and so much like a wall, so much so that an ESI will pick their type and tell challengers "NO, I'M ESI." and end of the conversation, because they deliver what they want in a stern way.
    -

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you relate to me? (i don't even know what you type me, but this is what is on my mind.)
    Crap. I hate thinking about such questions. It makes me think about how I don't relate to you now and then I don't know how to answer.

when you say things like, "its a self-empowering function" it reminds me of the sort of stuff poli and other some other ne types on here say ( especially liis) and i associate it with them. i have no idea what it means in real terms and i get the impression you're conveying some kind of conceptual vibe and taking it for granted that others will be on the same page, does that make sense?
    I guess so. I sort of hope someone will engage me on what I'm talking about (if I'm not engaging them), since all I'm really doing is reflecting a lot on human behavior. My motivation for posting basically comes from this, whether people believe me or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Who types you LII?
    Siuntal (at some point), Ashton half-assedly (I think). k0rpsy once insinuated to me being Se-PoLR, before I decided to stop reading his posts, inaccurate insults.

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    how would being an istj make you feel?
    Feel? That could fit. I'm not sure I have enough of the Ti cold edge though. I generally care about people, which is partly why the army is so appealing to me right now. So many unexciting years in school and in jobs where nobody really cares much about one another all that much. It doesn't seem like a good way to be, even if I do end up killing people or getting killed. I could have joined the Navy or Air Force, but it doesn't sound like they have very much camaraderie. But that might not even be related to Ti or Fi. I'll have to think about it a bit.

I've wanted to ask a thought experiment just to see what people say, but my serious threads never seem to get well-received - "If you were the last person left on Earth, does socionics then exist? If it does, do you still have a type and what is it and why and how do you know?" I wonder what people would say.

That puts you right out of ESI; and another thing that puts you out of ESI is the lack of certain "enforcing" will over your decisions. You see the Se of an ESI is firm in their beliefs, sometimes almost religiously so and so much like a wall, so much so that an ESI will pick their type and tell challengers "NO, I'M ESI." and end of the conversation, because they deliver what they want in a stern way.
    Okay, but what are you basing this on? I'm not really following you.
    good bye

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone called me a lily yesterday. I'm a male though. The weird thing is I liked it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k0rpsy once insinuated to me being Se-PoLR, before I decided to stop reading his posts, inaccurate insults.
    There was no insinuation, I called you an Se-polr explicitly, and given your air of pathos I still find it apposite.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Siuntal (at some point), Ashton half-assedly (I think). k0rpsy once insinuated to me being Se-PoLR, before I decided to stop reading his posts, inaccurate insults.
    I want to say maybe you should consider it. But you are voting for Romney. You have two degrees and yet you have no job (or one that's good enough), which I can only assume that you're blaming Obama for. And you're joining the army. Things could be worse though, you could have a tumblr account.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can be my favorite ESI.

Are you going into the Army as an officer?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    You can be my favorite ESI.

Are you going into the Army as an officer?
    Nah. The main problem with getting a college degree is not having experience. Thus I don't have any management experience and they have plenty of people applying that would be more suited towards an officer. Plus it will take longer to get in and I need to start making money soon. The other thing is I heard they don't respect officers that come in from ROTC or have a college degree because they don't know what they are doing; NCOs will 'tell' them what to do. And I've heard this not just from recruiters, but a retired airborne that has basically told me everything about the army that I had been hearing from recruiters and from the many military threads on the internet.

but
    They will help pay off my student loans (if I accept a highly needed technical MOS)
    Since I scored high on the ASVAB and the electronics part I can get any MOS that they need (I'll find out tomorrow)
    They give you money for living expenses on top of what they pay you
    I'll go in as an E-3 after boot camp.
    *I think after 2 or 3 years I can apply for OTS if I get a recommendation from my commander (which shouldn't be an issue), unless they try to get enlisted to fulfill their contract before applying. I need to find out how that works.
    *They pay you more for deployments
    *I'm okay with the idea of killing people; and the truth is I've always glorified dying in a war as the best way to go because it's likely to be a peak experience. Whereas a lot of people get heart attacks later on or they end up shitting themselves in a hospital, unable to even help themselves anymore. Maybe I'm just rationalizing it, but I used to think this when I was younger as well.

It actually sounds pretty cool, either way. The hardest part will be knowing that the drill sergeants aren't the smartest people in the military, and yet I'll have to do what they say. I'd like to hope most of them are decent people, but who knows. I've heard a story about a DI hitting a recruit with a wooden mallet in the stomach and sending him into a coma for three days for getting an achievement. I know if I see something like that, I would feel tempted to hurt/kill them (maybe it's a guy thing? The adrenaline?), not to mention that it puts serious question into the integrity of your leaders, and that's not a good thing at all. I can't find an article, but there's been many occurrences of physical abuse on recruits in boot camp (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/672154/posts). And I don't think it's just the Marines either.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in the Marines. I would still recommend being an officer ...

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was the Marines like? My grandpa was in the marines during World War II. He got stationed on one of the islands in the pacific, but they didn't want to risk him dying so he didn't get to go in with the island occupied, even though he really wanted to. Unfortunately, I didn't learn about this until later when he was getting real sick and he's dead now. My mom says he complained about how stupid a lot of the people were and I guess back then they segregated black people from the Marines and people were kind of racist back then. He thought black people smelled bad and lived like animals, but from what he saw at the time, it was pretty accurate. A lot of blacks are still kind of like that and give the one's who aren't a bad name.

Believe me, I'd like to go officer, but with the recession they have a lot of applicants, many of whom have experience in management positions and recommendations to back that up. There's no point for me in applying, since I have none of that, and I don't like wasting time (who does?). It's fine, anyway. I'll get experience and a security clearance, so if it ends up being something I don't want to stay with, after my contract ends, I should be good on finding a nice job in the government. Well, that's assuming if the country doesn't fall apart financially, in which case maybe I'll be part of a military coup to keep order in the government. That would be very interesting.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Okay, but what are you basing this on? I'm not really following you.
    I'm basing my decision on how Se ego reacts to external object/information and stimuli; you talk a lot about your decisions/plans in the future as some events may unveil themselves; I'm very curious about this and I've seen this with ENTjs ISTps quite often.
    -

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII, imo.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always assumed you were ILE for some reason, partly due to your degree of showmanship and social focus I correlate with Fe-HA (ILEs often seem more on the balance between Ti and Fe) but never thought about your type intently.
    Last edited by 717495; 10-09-2012 at 04:36 PM.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    LII, imo.
    You know anything factual about me in actual reality? You ever even asked? Do you at least have any actual reasoning or facts? No, you don't, because you're a vapid cunt. Lick my balls.

That's right, everyone get your Ti potshots. What better time than after the "Who are you" thread to decide where I most belong in the socion.
    Who else is willing to display their complete ignorance of other people? Step right up folks, this is only for a short time.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only because you asked: EIE.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)