Thread: Instagram Sharing Thread

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people I know are all snobbish toward Instagram, saying it "cheapens" photography and the filters are garish and stuff like that. IMO, it's analogous to when Kodak first put out consumer-level cameras. Artistic photographers similarly put down and ridiculed the photos "commoners" made with them, but people had so much fun with it, they got to be artistic and creative, and now we have some amazing looks into everyday lives back then. I remember watching a short documentary about a little boy who had a Kodak camera and how he took such creative photos and how fascinating it is to look at them now.

Anyway - down with snobbishness and up with reveling in beauty and creativity!

I posted a couple of my own on the latest page of the Delta Lounge, but I'll post them again here, plus maybe one or two more:

Who wants to see a new world? Through the gate!

El Pulpo Mechanico

Occupiers dream - Wall Street burns

I needed this today
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Those are incredible! It's almost hard to believe that you created them with a phone app. They look so professional

Where was the first one taken? It looks interesting.
    Thanks! I push my phone to give me the best it's got.

All but the last one were taken at Burning Man, in the northwestern corner of Nevada.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minde, those are pretty awesome.

I'm sure all of my facebook friends have seen these but ill take more, no doubt.

Pirate, do you remember when we were looking at these houses? I remember that was the day before I left for the desert and was in awe at all the houses in Daly City, that's when I took this! Then we walked up that hill where you said they kill people. (Random memories)

Last edited by jessica129; 09-16-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

wow, jessica.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You people live near some picturesque places/events. It makes me want to go out and look for pretty things.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Baby View Post
    You people live near some picturesque places/events. It makes me want to go out and look for pretty things.
    Yeah, I used to. California is seriously probably the prettiest place I've ever been to. The bottom picture was in Point Reyes, Ca. I remember the drive up there so well. You go up these amazing rolling hills covered in fog and cows cross the streets and roam free. It was like I was transported to the Irish countryside for a moment in time. It was goddamn beautiful.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Baby View Post
    Do it!

Jessica, I love those! Yes, please post more! You have a good eye.