Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 67

Thread: Derail-AquaLung's Type

  1. #1
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Being a positivist type it doesn't that you are forever forbidden from making a single criticism in your life.
    here is another example of your dishonesty. nobody even came close to implying this. your opinion counts for absolutely nothing because you are deliberately misleading.

  2. #2
    Killer of DJA's Fun fen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys calm down.
    Let's all be friends.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.


  3. #3
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Guys calm down.
    Let's all be friends.
    yeah okay cool, because its completely fine that someone is calculatingly fraudulent. seriously?

  4. #4
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,779
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    here is another example of your dishonesty. nobody even came close to implying this. your opinion counts for absolutely nothing because you are deliberately misleading.
    I am not being dishonest, simply pointing out that it isn't as black-and-white as you made it out to be.

    If there is any dishonesty present, take a look at yourself, sitting on this forum 10/7 or perhaps even more since you're here any time I log on, constantly making some new threads about some ephemeral topics like "how do you read poetry", over-developing your virtual life at expense of your real life, and after all that trying to persuade yourself and others that you are Se-creative. Get real.

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    you frustrate me.
    and statements like these make it difficult to see you as anything else but a prissy EII who is now stomping her feet and making up false accusations because someone, me in this case, has dared to disagree with her self-typing


    If anyone is wondering at lung's responses it's because I continue to type her with her old self-typing of EII, and don't agree with ESI typing for her, which apparently she explained to herself by imagining that I am trying to deceive her for some inexplicable reason.

  5. #5
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i wondered if you hit my polr when you expressed appreciation (?) for my mundanity. but maybe you would like the otherworldliness of an iei. or maybe you really do appreciate mundanity and down to earth sei-ness. i'm talking in stereotypes because i'm lazy. also i'm confused.

    also the gilly thing, i was thinking after i wrote it that maybe gilly is dorkier in real life and you're dorkier on the internet. cuz on cam you're all like mr buff dude with sensitive eyes suave motherfucker.
    Lol I can be pretty dorky but dolphin tells me that internet Gilly translates unexpectedly well to RL Gilly so I guess what you see is what you get ^_^

    Aqua seems less dorky than me, to me at least...I do think we are pretty similar overall though. We definitely seem to hold very similar views on many things, and I can see myself behaving and reacting similarly to him in a variety of situations. I think he is quite likely a 3w4 sx/so despite appearing to be rather stereotypically 7w8.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  6. #6
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    yeah okay cool, because its completely fine that someone is calculatingly fraudulent. seriously?


    this made me think of a new version of that xkcd comic, where instead it says "SOMEONE IS CALCULATINGLY FRAUDULENT ON THE INTERNET!!"

    welcome to the ranks of us nerds lungs

  7. #7
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I am not being dishonest, simply pointing out that it isn't as black-and-white as you made it out to be.
    i never even implied it was black and white. you're making stuff up again.

    poking holes in socionics is something that is a major part of my presence here.

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    If there is any dishonesty present, take a look at yourself, sitting on this forum 10/7 or perhaps even more since you're here any time I log on, constantly making some new threads about some ephemeral topics like "how do you read poetry", over-developing your virtual life at expense of your real life, and after all that trying to persuade yourself and others that you are Se-creative. Get real.
    you're saying i'm being over-simplistic and then you go on to say i can't be se creative because i'm on the forum too much and i talk about poetry.

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    and statements like these make it difficult to see you as anything else but a prissy EII who is now stomping her feet and making up false accusations because someone, me in this case, has dared to disagree with her self-typing
    this doesn't even make any sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    If anyone is wondering at lung's responses it's because I continue to type her with her old self-typing of EII, and don't agree with ESI typing for her, which apparently she explained to herself by imagining that I am trying to deceive her for some inexplicable reason.
    i don't think you're just trying to decieve me. i think you're deceptive in general. you have a habit of putting words in people's mouths and using little parlor tricks like attributing functions to instinct stackings in order to get your way. its transparent and gross.
    Last edited by lump; 09-13-2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: misunderstood part of what i quoted

  8. #8
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    this made me think of a new version of that xkcd comic, where instead it says "SOMEONE IS CALCULATINGLY FRAUDULENT ON THE INTERNET!!"

    welcome to the ranks of us nerds lungs
    go hug effie.

  9. #9
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    If anyone is wondering at lung's responses it's because I continue to type her with her old self-typing of EII, and don't agree with ESI typing for her, which apparently she explained to herself by imagining that I am trying to deceive her for some inexplicable reason.
    also ftr its not about your typing of me. there are others, most notably labster, who suggest eii for me and my reaction is different because they aren't completely full of shit.

  10. #10
    strangeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    ...real ESIs...
    get over yourself.

  11. #11
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,779
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Guys calm down.
    Let's all be friends.
    Sorry fen I cannot be friendly with someone who is deliberately making false allegations concerning me, attributing motives to me that don’t exist, misrepresenting me, and calling me “calculatingly fraudulent” without a shred of evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    here is another example of your dishonesty. nobody even came close to implying this. your opinion counts for absolutely nothing because you are deliberately misleading.
    i don't think you're just trying to decieve me. i think you're deceptive in general. you have a habit of putting words in people's mouths and using little parlor tricks like attributing functions to instinct stackings in order to get your way. its transparent and gross.
    You are delusional lungs. I have put in many hours translating profiles and articles from Russian to English so that you and other people on this forum could have accurate information on socionics topics, and after that you accuse me of being deceptive? Your accusations aren’t even making any sense. The only dishonest person here is you. In order to assert your ESI typing it is evident that you will stoop as low as to spin lies about me. Sad really.

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i never even implied it was black and white. you're making stuff up again. poking holes in socionics is something that is a major part of my presence here.
    You did. Read up. You implied that posivitist type would contradict you poking holes in socionics, to which I replied that no, if you pay attention to what’s going on this forum practically everyone, positivists and negativists, will bash socionics. It doesn’t prove anything any way since it’s just a popular pastime around this place.

    you're saying i'm being over-simplistic and then you go on to say i can't be se creative because i'm on the forum too much and i talk about poetry.
    I haven’t said you are being “overly simplistic”, don’t put words in my mouth.
    I’ve had several ESI girlfriend and one thing that stands out with them in comparison to EIIs is that they will often ask me to go out and engage in some real activities with some concrete goals. It can be as simple as riding bikes around town, going shopping, going to a rave, exploring new parts of town, etc. Real activities, real actions, real results, that is what ESIs value, and it’s something that is thoroughly lacking in your own attitude. You are evidently more interested in sitting here engaging in internet battles over your self-typing.

    ... in order to get your way.
    What way? I'm typing Aqua into a different quadra ffs. If I wanted to have my way I would drag him into Beta as my dual, since he is an intelligent, witty, attractive guy. You are not making any sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    also ftr its not about your typing of me. there are others, most notably labster, who suggest eii for me and my reaction is different because they aren't completely full of shit.
    Labster voted you as ESI in the last typing poll you've made. You are twisting facts in a futile attempt to justify yourself. You are simply shameless aren’t you.

  12. #12
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I haven’t said you are being “overly simplistic”, don’t put words in my mouth.
    I’ve had several ESI girlfriend and one thing that stands out with them in comparison to EIIs is that they will often ask me to go out and engage in some real activities with some concrete goals. It can be as simple as riding bikes around town, going shopping, going to a rave, exploring new parts of town, etc. Real activities, real actions, real results, that is what ESIs value, and it’s something that is thoroughly lacking in your own attitude. You are evidently more interested in sitting here engaging in internet battles over your self-typing.
    I happen to think she is ESI, I actually think lungs is generally engaged in RL activity when she's posting as she's on her phone.

    I think lungs is a inert vs contact subtype. This means and are going to be more pronounced.

    This would explain her sometimes (neurotic) focus on these abstract matters.

    I have had a lot of interaction with a EII who is very active in life. Yoga, shopping, kids to school, PTA, dinner, soccer practice etc,etc,etc. I think EII and ESI can have this sort of hectic(but kinda of blah) lifestyle which can seem a bit too much. But it's a lot of mundane activity which are very basic and often a bit boring.

  13. #13
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    You are delusional lungs. I have put in many hours translating profiles and articles from Russian to English so that you and other people on this forum could have accurate information on socionics topics, and after that you accuse me of being deceptive? Your accusations arenít even making any sense. The only dishonest person here is you. In order to assert your ESI typing it is evident that you will stoop as low as to spin lies about me. Sad really.
    translating type descriptions has nothing to do with being honest or dishonest. it is dishonest of you to imply that it does.

    i have already made it clear that it doesn't have to do with defending my self-typing. there are a few other people here type me something other than ESI (otoh, invisiblejim, thehotelambush, ineffable, jwc3) and i do not consider them to be liars. i only consider you dishonest because you are and if it was simply because of the way you type me, then it would not make sense that i would not think similarly about those people. i can't make this any clearer. and the fact that i've already stressed this point and you continue to evade it is yet another example of you being a liar.

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    You did. Read up. You implied that posivitist type would contradict you poking holes in socionics, to which I replied that no, if you pay attention to whatís going on this forum practically everyone, positivists and negativists, will bash socionics. It doesnít prove anything any way since itís just a popular pastime around this place.
    i was bringing up that it is a major part of my presence and it is the main thing several people associate with me.

    just because other people do it and its a "past time" doesn't negate the fact that i do it because there are several other people who don't do it, and discussing socionics without poking holes in it is also a popular past time. along with not discussing socionics at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Iíve had several ESI girlfriend and one thing that stands out with them in comparison to EIIs is that they will often ask me to go out and engage in some real activities with some concrete goals. It can be as simple as riding bikes around town, going shopping, going to a rave, exploring new parts of town, etc. Real activities, real actions, real results, that is what ESIs value, and itís something that is thoroughly lacking in your own attitude. You are evidently more interested in sitting here engaging in internet battles over your self-typing.
    i do ask people to do things. i do go out with people. i'm sure eii's do, too, though, so it feels silly to use it as an argument. a good deal of my conversations in chat revolve around things that i've been doing in real life. maybe this is why people who actually know me and talk to me regularly and have one and one conversations with me and see me in tinychat, etc, type me esi. i also do spend a lot of time on the forum but i really don't think this is type related anyway. i mean you type absurd lse and hypothetically he should be out and about being si-ej. so this is silly and probably more about trying to make a low blow about me being a nerd or something than anything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Labster voted you as ESI in the last typing poll you've made. You are twisting facts in a futile attempt to justify yourself. You are simply shameless arenít you.
    labster and i have conversations outside of forum posts. sometimes things come up outside of forum posts that you might not know about. there's chatbox, tinychat, IM, texting, etc. you are very confident about your typing of me considering you are someone i talk to less than most people here who do type me esi.

  14. #14
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    kassie, I don't think siuntal has lied about you, she's just made some observations.

  15. #15
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i don't think she has lied about me as a person either. maybe you just skimmed.

    i think she is dishonest in her typing arguments. in general.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fight.

  17. #17
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i don't think she has lied about me as a person either. maybe you just skimmed.

    i think she is dishonest in her typing arguments. in general.
    If she hasn't lied about you, how can she be dishonest?

    It's more accurate to perhaps say that siuntal is misinformed about you or do not know you enough.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lungs was talking about, hmm, Santa Claus, hkkmr. Not siuntal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    If he's SLE then I'm ESI and we have epicly failed to understand what Ne and Se are about, because he sure as hell is not my conflictor. And I refuse to be ESI so ILE ILE ILEEEEEEEEEEE all the way!
    That's the spirit. Do not go Gamma. People die there. Like in a hospital or get a good night's sleep in my case. Anyway, point still stands. Funny though seeing Aquagraph tossed around quadras like a rag doll.

  19. #19
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,779
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I happen to think she is ESI, I actually think lungs is generally engaged in RL activity when she's posting as she's on her phone.
    I was mostly responding to her accusations. If some type her as EII and others as ESI due to whatever observations they've made, that's fine, but I am not going to take kindly to her publicly and falsely accusing me of lying.

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    translating type descriptions has nothing to do with being honest or dishonest. it is dishonest of you to imply that it does.
    To the contrary, if you want to be dishonest it is better to keep information away from others as that would allow for most freedom to craft whatever arguments are most convenient to yourself. What I've been doing for the past year is the opposite of that – bringing more information to this forum, and making citations from these articles in discussions and typing threads, demonstrating that this information comes directly from Russian socionics publications, as you can see I've done in my reply to Gilly.

    Yet you completely ignore this and stubbornly insist that I am making stuff up. Your whole mindset is just so bizarre - you manage to block out parts of reality from your awareness in order to believe whatever you want to believe. Can you explain yourself to me?

    i have already made it clear that it doesn't have to do with defending my self-typing.
    Your previous replies demonstrate the opposite. My first post in this thread was about Aqua's typing. I made no mention of your type, yet you immediately jumped on it to point out how you think it contradicts my typing of you as a positivist. You were the first to bring your typing into this, and now you’re trying to pull a 180 and claim the opposite.

    You have been trying really hard in this thread to make up slander against me. If it’s not your self-typing then there is something else that is motivating this spitefulness. What is it kassie?

    there are a few other people here type me something other than ESI (otoh, invisiblejim, thehotelambush, ineffable, jwc3) and i do not consider them to be liars. i only consider you dishonest because you are and if it was simply because of the way you type me, then it would not make sense that i would not think similarly about those people. i can't make this any clearer. and the fact that i've already stressed this point and you continue to evade it is yet another example of you being a liar.
    Well all you’ve done so far is throw around accusations never showing any evidence of these supposed malicious, calculating intents and desires “to have things my way”. So far I’ve disproven every allegation that you’ve contrived. You’re either misinformed about me, which would make sense since you have never interacted with me, or you’re deluded, or have some other motivations to concoct this slander.

    i was bringing up that it is a major part of my presence and it is the main thing several people associate with me. just because other people do it and its a "past time" doesn't negate the fact that i do it because there are several other people who don't do it, and discussing socionics without poking holes in it is also a popular past time. along with not discussing socionics at all.
    And I’ve pointed out that this doesn’t prove anything either way since both negativist and positivist types have been known to do this. There are people of positivist types, like ambivalent existence (ILE), who have simply abandoned socionics finding it too flawed to continue with it. You've got major presence - they got major absence.

    i do ask people to do things. i do go out with people. i'm sure eii's do, too, though, so it feels silly to use it as an argument. a good deal of my conversations in chat revolve around things that i've been doing in real life. maybe this is why people who actually know me and talk to me regularly and have one and one conversations with me and see me in tinychat, etc, type me esi. i also do spend a lot of time on the forum but i really don't think this is type related anyway. i mean you type absurd lse and hypothetically he should be out and about being si-ej. so this is silly and probably more about trying to make a low blow about me being a nerd or something than anything else.
    Those kinds of things just don't seem to be priorities for you, and I am not the only one who has noticed it, however, this is not the main reason that I type you as EII.

    My main reasons are quotes like these. This is from Tao Te Ching typing thread where you made a comment how that D-A writing had a potent relaxing effect on you:

    “introverted irrational + dialectical algorithmic = ili or sei
    I only just started reading it. I had it saved in my bookmarks for awhile forgotten about. yesterday I was stressed out over shit in my life and happened to click on it and I swear my blood pressure dropped after five minutes. I don't remember text ever having such an immediate effect on my mood.”


    Assuming EII typing for you, the above makes a lot of sense, since D-A belongs to type LSE and you have attested how this expression style had such a strong effect on your mood. You’ve also commented in some other place, don’t remember where now, that you find yourself taking well to D-A cog-style. Well, D-A is dual to C-D and C-D belongs to type EII.

    Of course at this point you're going to try to assert I'm disingenuous in my typings with twice the determination.

    labster and i have conversations outside of forum posts. sometimes things come up outside of forum posts that you might not know about. there's chatbox, tinychat, IM, texting, etc. you are very confident about your typing of me considering you are someone i talk to less than most people here who do type me esi.
    So it’s perfectly fine for you to accuse someone you don’t know and never interacted with of lying, but it’s not ok to decide on your socionics type? You hypocrite.

    You don't need to know someone to be able to competently type them, just take a look at the Famous People forum. Socionics is a simple and crude typology - there are three dichotomies, T-F, N-S, E-I, and all you're doing is trying to figure out where someone is along these dichotomies. This can be done by reading the person's posts and seeing what attitudes they express. I’ve seen your posts a plenty to decide on Ne-INFj.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


  21. #21
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    My main reasons are quotes like these. This is from Tao Te Ching typing thread where you made a comment how that D-A writing had a potent relaxing effect on you:

    “introverted irrational + dialectical algorithmic = ili or sei
    I only just started reading it. I had it saved in my bookmarks for awhile forgotten about. yesterday I was stressed out over shit in my life and happened to click on it and I swear my blood pressure dropped after five minutes. I don't remember text ever having such an immediate effect on my mood.”


    Assuming EII typing for you, the above makes a lot of sense, since D-A belongs to type LSE and you have attested how this expression style had such a strong effect on your mood. You’ve also commented in some other place, don’t remember where now, that you find yourself taking well to D-A cog-style. Well, D-A is dual to C-D and C-D belongs to type EII.
    i rest my case.

    if anybody can see something like this and not see obvious disingenuous cherry-picking bullshit then they're too stupid to bother convincing anyway.

  22. #22
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Yet you completely ignore this and stubbornly insist that I am making stuff up. Your whole mindset is just so bizarre - you manage to block out parts of reality from your awareness in order to believe whatever you want to believe. Can you explain yourself to me?

    Your previous replies demonstrate the opposite. My first post in this thread was about Aqua's typing. I made no mention of your type, yet you immediately jumped on it to point out how you think it contradicts my typing of you as a positivist. You were the first to bring your typing into this, and now youíre trying to pull a 180 and claim the opposite.

    You have been trying really hard in this thread to make up slander against me. If itís not your self-typing then there is something else that is motivating this spitefulness. What is it kassie?
    Maybe it's a thing... My guess is some interaction or something she has read by you has colored this interaction personally, and this thread has set this off, and this probably has nothing to do with Aqua's type. It's interesting result tho.

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    You don't need to know someone to be able to competently type them, just take a look at the Famous People forum. Socionics is a simple and crude typology - there are three dichotomies, T-F, N-S, E-I, and all you're doing is trying to figure out where someone is along these dichotomies. This can be done by reading the person's posts and seeing what attitudes they express. Iíve seen your posts a plenty to decide on Ne-INFj.
    I think it's easy to see that lungs is interested in but it's imo a neurotic fashion, just as my very intense interest in and the nature of human relationships is generally of a neurotic fashion, but I've still used my ego functions to approach it. Al-through the ego is a very powerful force for most people, being the spontaneous and creative part of our personality, the other blocks are just as prominent in the expression of our personality, although not always so readily apparent.

    IMO, when lungs approach things, she takes a approach, it's very straightforward, personal and often aggressive. Imo, it's why very quickly she started with aggressive personal language towards you.

  23. #23
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,779
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Maybe it's a thing... My guess is some interaction or something she has read by you has colored this interaction personally, and this thread has set this off, and this probably has nothing to do with Aqua's type. It's interesting result tho.
    May be, since she isn't really disclosing why she thinks what she thinks but keeps on repeating the same thing. If I'm right with her EII typing it may be due to us being quasi-identicals; she seems to be misinterpreting almost everything I say.

    I have to run now, will try to reply to the rest later.

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i rest my case.

    if anybody can see something like this and not see obvious disingenuous cherry-picking bullshit then they're too stupid to bother convincing anyway.
    you've left out this sentence from the part you quoted:
    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Of course at this point you're going to try to assert I'm disingenuous in my typings with twice the determination.
    so predictable ^^

  24. #24
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah that was twice the determination gj. when i'm off work and not bored off my ass in a cubicle its easier to see the futility in it.

  25. #25
    strangeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Maybe it's a thing... My guess is some interaction or something she has read by you has colored this interaction personally, and this thread has set this off, and this probably has nothing to do with Aqua's type. It's interesting result tho.
    That's a really narrow view of Fi man. By my observations, your SEI-Fe duals are more likely to do that, whereas myself (I am serious about ESI), am uncomfortable doing that and only do that with the purpose of clarifying and re conciliating. Why would an Fi type seem to enjoy expressing and focusing their mind on so much negative energy? And yes, I'm serious here. We probably disagree on theory, but I'd still like to hear what you think about this, if you're up for it.

  26. #26
    strangeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    what the fuck's going on in this thread
    The same shit that's always going on this forum.

  27. #27
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    The same shit that's always going on this forum.
    yeah, futility.

    i don't get your view on fi ftr but i don't really think i feel like talking about it.

    i'm not explaining myself comprehensively re siuntal because its like trying to explain what colors look like or something. i can't articulate it and people who aren't blind will already know and people who are blind never will so it's not worth it.

  28. #28
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol thanks snaps, but i'm halfway responsible for that.

    AQUA!

  29. #29
    strangeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i don't get your view on fi ftr but i don't really think i feel like talking about it.
    It's alright. I just wanted hkkmr to be aware that that behavior can come from his quadra, even if it isn't valued. It makes it sort of cheap to suggest pinning it on Fi like that because it's strictly negative and gives a bad idea of what Fi is internalizing as a cognitive process. The same shit happens with XLEs even, but I guess it's theoretically easier to suggest shallow emotions, reactions, and behaviors as Fi. Poli was probably mostly right when he said socionics hasn't defined Fi; it took me this long to figure out I'm not really much of an ILI or even IEI because Fi has a lot of negative and heavily baseless attributes to it, while Ti is like this God function. And Ni seems to be the description of a smart loner type person.

    right, anyway, it doesn't matter.

  30. #30
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    The same shit that's always going on this forum.
    Trying to take over the world?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  31. #31
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    yeah, futility.

    i don't get your view on fi ftr but i don't really think i feel like talking about it.

    i'm not explaining myself comprehensively re siuntal because its like trying to explain what colors look like or something. i can't articulate it and people who aren't blind will already know and people who are blind never will so it's not worth it.
    It sounds here as if other forum members are supposed to conclude that if we don't agree that we see things wrong or whatever with siuntal that we are defective ("blind"). I'd appreciate it if you'd not cast such a wide net to pull others in. If you have a problem with her, so be it. I don't, she is mostly quiet, she has a point of view and is as entitled to that as anyone else, and she probably feels attacked right now, so I'm not apt to judge the things she says or doesn't in this thread as proof of anything.

    You have leveled similar attacks on me in the past and I found it very hurtful. You successfully drove me away from chatting in irc where there were several people I liked, and at the time I was quite lonely irl and those connections mattered to me then. I don't think I'm mad about it anymore ... it's better to find other ways to pass my time anyway. But I do wish you would stop laying into people (women, mostly, if memory serves).

  32. #32
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm not going to lie and say that i don't question the intelligence of people who take her seriously. sorry?

  33. #33
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i'm not going to lie and say that i don't question the intelligence of people who take her seriously. sorry?
    Not what I'm getting at. What I take seriously is that she seems nice enough and generally minds her own business yet you ruthlessly lay into her here and define the terms of the attack such that anyone who doesn't agree she deserves it is stupid. I don't care about your criticisms of her nor about her nor your opinions on socionics. I do care about you attacking her and falling deeper and deeper into illogic in order to justify it.

  34. #34
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    That's a really narrow view of Fi man. By my observations, your SEI-Fe duals are more likely to do that, whereas myself (I am serious about ESI), am uncomfortable doing that and only do that with the purpose of clarifying and re conciliating. Why would an Fi type seem to enjoy expressing and focusing their mind on so much negative energy? And yes, I'm serious here. We probably disagree on theory, but I'd still like to hear what you think about this, if you're up for it.
    It's just a function, don't bring types into it. But she went personal with siuntal in a non-personal discussion. And no, SEI's don't do personal in public all that much, in private sure, but in public they're more diplomatic and maybe a bit wishy washy. Anyone can focus on negative things if they happen to be sad or negative because of a life situation. Everyone can be depressed.

  35. #35
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    May be, since she isn't really disclosing why she thinks what she thinks but keeps on repeating the same thing. If I'm right with her EII typing it may be due to us being quasi-identicals; she seems to be misinterpreting almost everything I say.

    I have to run now, will try to reply to the rest later.


    you've left out this sentence from the part you quoted:

    so predictable ^^
    Maybe you're SEI...

    Jk, I don't think there would be a problem with a ESI and a IEI having difficulty communicating. As the beneficiary a lot of what you say is going to be ignored by her.

  36. #36
    . willekeurig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    It's just a function, don't bring types into it. But she went personal with siuntal in a non-personal discussion. And no, SEI's don't do personal in public all that much , in private sure, but in public they're more diplomatic and maybe a bit wishy washy. Anyone can focus on negative things if they happen to be sad or negative because of a life situation. Everyone can be depressed.
    I've found that Fi polr types do this a lot, much more than Fi types anyway. I usually want to discuss negatively coloured / personal things in private, and often find myself in uncomfortable situations where somebody with weak Fi starts that kind of topics when there are other people around.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

  37. #37
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lungs and siuntal, less fighting, more talking about me.
    ďI tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in ó and the West in general ó into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  38. #38
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I've found that Fi polr types do this a lot, much more than Fi types anyway. I usually want to discuss negatively coloured / personal things in private, and often find myself in uncomfortable situations where somebody with weak Fi starts that kind of topics when there are other people around.
    Are you sure Fi-polrs are doing personal, maybe they're just attention seeking. I don't really think a Fi polr is going to talk about something he's personal about in public.

    What's really happening is they're talking about something you think is personal but for them, it's just something else entirely.

    You might think a Fi polr is getting "personal" but it's not, they're not really involved in that topic, they're being tactless. However, if you so happen to get something really personal from a Fi polr, that means you're part of their tight group. I talk about a number of "personal" topics with my friends, but have I really ever gotten personal with my friends. I don't think I have even once been fully involved with my friends and family, it's always been a level of companionship detached from deep emotional involvement.

    You're actually getting personal in this post of yours.

    "I usually want to discuss negatively coloured / personal things in private, often find myself in uncomfortable situations where somebody with weak Fi starts that kind of topics"

    A Fi polr might say something, "so yea I was doing this and that, and this or that happened.... ewwwwwwwwwwwww" or some sort of jokey thing about a sensitive topic, but it's not personal. There is a lack of involvement about it, the emotions are extroverted, it's just a show.

    Here you've done exactly what you said you don't do and that is discuss a negatively coloured/personal thing in public. I guess you can't help yourself.

    Also with ego functions, it's a lot about how one communicates with other people so if a Fi ego didn't communicated a lot via Fi I would be surprised.

  39. #39
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Derailed the thread, since Aqua needs more attention and this is taking away from it.

  40. #40
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,596
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol hkkmr you're so delightfully random with where exactly you decide to split threads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •