TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default split Aquagraph's type

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I keep referencing to the time when I was fat, obnoxious, weird, social cripple. To me that was the time when I was still having big difficulties turning my weirdness into a social advantage as a point of interest from an alienating vibe. At first I was the victim. This started when I was around eight years old. Later on I became a bully with specific targets while remaining a victim for those higher in the food chain. Apparently I became partly responsible for someone's depression.

At around 17 years old I had climbed the food chain so high that the bullying stopped since I had nothing to worry about in my social standing. My climbing had taken unorthodox routes as I wasn't made to be the one in favor of all the valley girls and jocks, although they were mostly okay with me too. Instead I like to see it so that I became a champion of the misfits, usually people who were bullied sometimes too.

I am happy for this path that was set partly on me and partly by me. It has made it's marks, in good and bad, but I am proud of my past and what it made me. I see myself as the victor over everyone that has tried to step on me for the last five years. This includes the police and dozens of thugs.
    And this is part of how I completely fail to see you as ILE rather than SLE. This whole post reeks of Se+Fe values.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    And this is part of how I completely fail to see you as ILE rather than SLE. This whole post reeks of Se+Fe values.
    Maybe it is easy to retrospectively tell one's lifestory with the self being a victor pursuing a specific goal when in reality it might have been a person who just happened to make his way in a higher position through luck and random floating around.

Maybe the whole story is just me patting myself on the back like a good ol' Se Role.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Maybe it is easy to retrospectively tell one's lifestory with the self being a victor pursuing a specific goal when in reality it might have been a person who just happened to make his way in a higher position through luck and random floating around.

Maybe the whole story is just me patting myself on the back like a good ol' Se Role.
    Or maybe your speculations about your favorable interpretation of your own story indicates Ni seeking and insecure Ne.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

sounded like a typical story of someone going through adolescence trying to be attractive to the opposite sex and not get picked by his peers, a phase that many people go through ... what is so Se+Fe about this?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    sounded like a typical story of someone going through adolescence trying to be attractive to the opposite sex and not get picked by his peers, a phase that many people go through ... what is so Se+Fe about this?
    The experience could happen to anyone. The way he perceived and responded to it, and how he frames it in his mind, is what's telling.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The experience could happen to anyone. The way he perceived and responded to it, and how he frames it in his mind, is what's telling.
    what exactly in his perception that is so telling of Se? but I don't want to derail this thread further, lungs has made another typing thread for Aqua if you'd like to continue this discussion there

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    what exactly in his perception that is so telling of Se? but I don't want to derail this thread further, lungs has made another typing thread for Aqua if you'd like to continue this discussion there
    The fact that he felt the need to turn and face his weaknesses, and make them into strengths, overcome/eliminate them rather than finding an alternate path or focus on something else. Se>Ne.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The fact that he felt the need to turn and face his weaknesses, and make them into strengths, overcome/eliminate them rather than finding an alternate path or focus on something else. Se>Ne.
    Couldn't that just be strength of character?
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

anything in socionics can be attributed to something that's not entangled in socionics. that's how you debate types. what the other person is calling socionics isn't type related. you bring something into play that IS in fact socionics. back and forth. voila. neverending mindfuckery.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne base does not mean backing down nor giving up one's desires at the first sign of trouble. Often times striving to meet one's perceived potential will involve reducing weaknesses and increasing strengths...including turning a perceived personal weakness into a personal strength.

Also, Ne base has Se role...which means that under social pressures, Se will come more into play during information processing. But Se is weak for them, so it may take a while and a few failed efforts to figure it out.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Ne base does not mean backing down nor giving up one's desires at the first sign of trouble. Often times striving to meet one's perceived potential will involve reducing weaknesses and increasing strengths...including turning a perceived personal weakness into a personal strength.

Also, Ne base has Se role...which means that under social pressures, Se will come more into play during information processing. But Se is weak for them, so it may take a while and a few failed efforts to figure it out.
    I'm not talking about his actions, for the second time. Its his attitude, the way he thinks of it and presents it as rising up from the ashes of his weakness and climbing over his enemies...it's a kind of inherently oppositional/us vs them mentality; not just what he did, but that he thinks of it in a unified, hierarchical social context: aristocracy.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Couldn't that just be strength of character?
    Or stubbornness, or a social experiment, or balancing the scales. For aqua, it was climbing over those who had tried to climb him.

Under cerulean skies...