View Poll Results: Which browser do you use?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alpha and Internet Explorer

    0 0%
  • Alpha and Firefox

    3 12.00%
  • Alpha and Chrome

    5 20.00%
  • Alpha and Safari

    0 0%
  • Alpha and Opera

    0 0%
  • Alpha and Mobile

    0 0%
  • Alpha and Other

    0 0%
  • Beta and Internet Explorer

    1 4.00%
  • Beta and Firefox

    0 0%
  • Beta and Chrome

    1 4.00%
  • Beta and Safari

    0 0%
  • Beta and Opera

    0 0%
  • Beta and Mobile

    0 0%
  • Beta and Other

    0 0%
  • Gamma and Internet Explorer

    0 0%
  • Gamma and Firefox

    3 12.00%
  • Gamma and Chrome

    2 8.00%
  • Gamma and Safari

    1 4.00%
  • Gamma and Opera

    0 0%
  • Gamma and Mobile

    0 0%
  • Gamma and Other

    0 0%
  • Delta and Internet Explorer

    0 0%
  • Delta and Firefox

    4 16.00%
  • Delta and Chrome

    4 16.00%
  • Delta and Safari

    0 0%
  • Delta and Opera

    1 4.00%
  • Delta and Mobile

    0 0%
  • Delta and Other

    0 0%
Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Browser and Type

  1. #1
    Professional Turtle Taknamay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Browser and Type

    Just a silly poll.

    I use Google Chrome. It's the fastest and neatest, in my opinion.

    Why do you suppose some browsers may be better suited for some types? Or do you suspect there is no correlation?
    Last edited by Taknamay; 09-06-2012 at 08:10 PM.
    All the good are friends of one another. (Zeno of Citium)
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Quitter - Diaspora*

  2. #2
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Firefox, but out of convenience. I'm not fully content of it but it's currently the best option to me.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  3. #3
    Professional Turtle Taknamay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Firefox, but out of convenience. I'm not fully content of it but it's currently the best option to me.
    What other browser would you use? And why are you unable?
    All the good are friends of one another. (Zeno of Citium)
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Quitter - Diaspora*

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Opera all the way.

  5. #5
    Professional Turtle Taknamay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Opera all the way.
    Why do you favor Opera?
    All the good are friends of one another. (Zeno of Citium)
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Quitter - Diaspora*

  6. #6
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chrome and Firefox. Chrome is noticeably faster than others for basic web browsing, but for some reason it doesn't like my webcam so I have to use Firefox for Tinychat :-(
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  7. #7
    Professional Turtle Taknamay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Chrome and Firefox. Chrome is noticeably faster than others for basic web browsing, but for some reason it doesn't like my webcam so I have to use Firefox for Tinychat :-(
    I have the exact same problem with Chrome! I hope Google is working on that, it's truly a bother. Also, it crashes when I use Omegle, but I haven't heard complaints from anyone else, so it might be me.
    All the good are friends of one another. (Zeno of Citium)
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Quitter - Diaspora*

  8. #8
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,602
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    chrome because i'm kind of owned by google and i'm just used to it.

    i used to have safari and firefox installed too but got rid of them both at some point for some reason or another, and chrome came out the winner of the battle.

    i still have explorer and use it for tinychat since going there in chrome makes my computer pass out.

    dolphin on my phone. its the only phone browser i like, at all. ten times better than any of the others.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    Why do you favor Opera?
    Dated Chrome, Tor, IE, Firefox and so on. Got stuck with Opera, came back to Chrome and IE, ditched them and again got with Opera. Still use it as my main browser. Suits me.

    And like lungs, I use Opera Mini on my phone, instead of Chrome, that is.



    ...

  10. #10
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    What other browser would you use? And why are you unable?
    My ideal WB would be lightweight fitted only with no-nonsense features. Additionally, being portable, modular and requiring little dependencies. Adherence to sensible standards - and resilience to the nonsensical - is a big plus. Let alone open-source. FF is pretty common-sense, though it fancies from time to time with different hypes hypes and it's pretty bloated and unstructured.

    From a technical standpoint I like NetSurf, but it is currently far from complete or stable. It does not yet support JavaScript so it's unusable on many so-called "modern" websites (to most of them JS is not even necessary). This browser has its quirks, for example the action of left-click text selection becomes page drag if you miss the text. The good part about NetSurf is that its developers seem reasonable, open and common-sense, you can discuss man-to-man with them, they do not live in an ivory tower of a business or inertial organized project. This aspect is very important to me BTW, I may think to quit using a product just because it's going the wrong way or it's in the wrong hands. It is important the principles, even if changing, to be respected without compromise, not alter them contextually when a new non-sessential deal comes up; in the end those events have nothing inherently to do with the product - consequently with me - but with their life I don't care about. Just don't start me on Google.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  11. #11
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    I have the exact same problem with Chrome! I hope Google is working on that, it's truly a bother. Also, it crashes when I use Omegle, but I haven't heard complaints from anyone else, so it might be me.
    Let me tell you an anecdote in the life of the Google dev who handles this particular feature. One day he googled "who gives a shit?". He hasn't found his name in the search results.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  12. #12
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    I use Chrome because of the way it renders the page is more pleasing to the eye.

  13. #13
    Professional Turtle Taknamay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Dated Chrome, Tor, IE, Firefox and so on. Got stuck with Opera, came back to Chrome and IE, ditched them and again got with Opera. Still use it as my main browser. Suits me.
    Do you like the design of Opera? Is it faster? Does it have features the other browsers do not?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    My ideal WB would be lightweight fitted only with no-nonsense features. Additionally, being portable, modular and requiring little dependencies. Adherence to sensible standards - and resilience to the nonsensical - is a big plus. Let alone open-source. FF is pretty common-sense, though it fancies from time to time with different hypes hypes and it's pretty bloated and unstructured.
    I was not speaking idealistically, but yes, that sounds like a good browser. I think "minimalist" is a good theme for a browser.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Let me tell you an anecdote in the life of the Google dev who handles this particular feature. One day he googled "who gives a shit?". He hasn't found his name in the search results.
    You are probably right, lol

    I understand how you feel about Google.
    All the good are friends of one another. (Zeno of Citium)
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Quitter - Diaspora*

  14. #14
    A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    TIM
    ill
    Posts
    3,055
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not officially voting, but I use safari.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

    Brought to you by socionix.com

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    Do you like the design of Opera? Is it faster? Does it have features the other browsers do not?
    Didn't let me down so far, so meow.

  16. #16
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    I was not speaking idealistically
    Well if it happens some browsers don't exist, that doesn't make them bad browsers. Their inexistence is merely an accident, this state of things being just temporary. I can support this argument simply: all knowledge about the future is subjective, whether we talk about the existing or inexisting; the former may vanish and the latter may come into being. Relying on existing things is therefore an idealism, too, just that instead ideal objects, it relies on ideal successions. I thus assert, the two stances have equal rights when it comes to your two questions.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  17. #17
    Professional Turtle Taknamay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Well if it happens some browsers don't exist, that doesn't make them bad browsers. Their inexistence is merely an accident, this state of things being just temporary. I can support this argument simply: all knowledge about the future is subjective, whether we talk about the existing or inexisting; the former may vanish and the latter may come into being. Relying on existing things is therefore an idealism, too, just that instead ideal objects, it relies on ideal successions. I thus assert, the two stances have equal rights when it comes to your two questions.
    I... I see your point. You win @__@
    All the good are friends of one another. (Zeno of Citium)
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Quitter - Diaspora*

  18. #18
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What an ass
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  19. #19
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i use chrome but i can't be arsed to learn about the pros and cons of browers because they are boring and shallow instruments to me. i don't remember any intelligent deliberation going into the decision to go with chrome.

  20. #20
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Forefix

  21. #21
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Forefix

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    dance party
    Posts
    96
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Firefox because I disdain all the data mining Google does with chrome

  23. #23
    Professional Turtle Taknamay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, one thing is established, nobody uses Internet Explorer.
    All the good are friends of one another. (Zeno of Citium)
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Quitter - Diaspora*

  24. #24
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One thing is also established. Betas don't go on teh internetz.

  25. #25
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also what type is Bowser?


  26. #26
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm just happy no one has clicked the Internet Explorer.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BC
    TIM
    Ti-LSI, 6w5, ISTJ
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    One thing is also established. Betas don't go on teh internetz.
    It now looks like Betas all use Chrome, which is one of the few Google products not in beta.

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Also what type is Bowser?
    LIE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •