0 Thread(s)

Default How to tell apart a SEI from an IEE

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isfps are the fat ones

why is your username grey

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because a mod hasn't activated my account probably

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI cooks while IEE eats. lol kidding. but really

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI are far more inclined to talk about certain pleasures that strike their senses while IEE are far more reserved when talking about Si related things; for instance and SEI will talk about chocolate or other food, being sensory pleasures and an IEE usually eats plain foods and when cooking they cook something new but don't really talk about food that much, they don't say "this chocolate is yummy!" and "oh that sex was good." Delta women are far more reserved when talking about their relational/sexual encounters in general.

This pair is generally very difficult to tell apart, but one thing is that SEI generalize human characteristics and IEE being the other heavy humanitarian is much more likely to see humans as I see them, which is on an individual basis; so, if you start making general human comments, an IEE will stop you and say "every person is different, you can't just say that about every man." SEI may agree that men are X "stupid" or whatever for instance.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zomgqwantz View Post
    Isfps are the fat ones
    ^not nice and not entirely true either; they range across the board, but because they are sensory types they do have "stronger" heartier looking bodies and yes, IEE do tend to swing on the skinny, frail side and IEE stand in an awkward uncomfortable poses.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    How to tell apart a SEI from an IEE
    Idk, it's easy and intuitive. I'll list just a few things that come to mind: IEEs are Ne evocative and Fi intensive, they lack the Fe of SEIs and are static EP temperament. Their energy is more abrupt, centered and intense, vs the loose expressive flow of SEIs. SEIs often discuss their personal senses and experiences as they value the tone of them and their place among them, come across more personably light and congenial in their expression and affection, where as IEEs are more in their heads about information, more easily wrap their mind around distant conceptualizations, yet because they are extroverted they're more aware of things going on and more stably energetic, without necessarily being social. So you can draw the conclusion that although Si is sensory aware, it is keen for the introvert to be more pensive and reflective about what they recount and the IEE to be visually and energetically more centered and present. IEEs' emotions and sentiments are more self-involved, opportunities for personal clarity and resonance, rather than SEIs' desire to affect onto people their respectable conduct and expressions, even in all the little subconscious ways. Check signature for a lot of good examples, and highly recommended to read Jung on Fe, Fi, Si and Ne.
    Last edited by 717495; 09-05-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    ^not nice and not entirely true either; they range across the board, but because they are sensory types they do have "stronger" heartier looking bodies and yes, IEE do tend to swing on the skinny, frail side and IEE stand in an awkward uncomfortable poses.
    I was being facetious... mostly. I don't agree about IEE haha.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SEI enneagram 9 (haven't completely ruled out ESE though managed to get her to sit a Socionics test and like I was expecting the result was SEI) 18 year old half sister has been staying with me for the past couple of weeks and all of her interests seem to revolve around makeup, healthy foods like sushi & juices, chatting via webcam & phone with friends & family telling them everything possible about shopping and whats happened in her life, clothes, fashion in general, movies, television and songs.

She showed me a book she keeps of the list of songs she wishes to download and has a nostolgic reason for every song on every page of her list it seems!

In the same book in another section she has several hundred brands and colours of makeup that she is waiting to buy, the list seems to grow daily!

Since she has been here she has been to the hairdressers twice and dyed her hair 3 times trying to get it the shade of blondy brown that she desires.

She is now talking about getting a spray tan before she heads back home overseas.

Throw in loads of nostalgia with almost everything she says and does and I would say that this is a huge giveaway to her type.

She speaks so quietly and even mumbles and speaks lispy at times but really is the sweetest thing despite talking about how angry some things make her and that even sometimes her dreams are angry.

She's brought lots while she has been here and made our spare room into the untidiest room I have seen in along time!

...Hopefully something I have mentioned makes it easier to spot an SEI.
    Last edited by Hays; 09-06-2012 at 05:08 AM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    My SEI enneagram 9 (haven't completely ruled out ESE though managed to get her to sit a Socionics test and like I was expecting the result was SEI) 18 year old half sister has been staying with me for the past couple of weeks and all of her interests seem to revolve around makeup, healthy foods like sushi & juices, chatting via webcam & phone with friends & family telling them everything possible about shopping and whats happened in her life, clothes, fashion in general, movies, television and songs.
    ESE is more likely than SEI about your sister.

And a way to tell SEI from IEE is depth. SEIs rarely talk deep and some go as far as to avoid anything that might be controversial. IEEs like to discuss, SEIs don't.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    And a way to tell SEI from IEE is depth. SEIs rarely talk deep and some go as far as to avoid anything that might be controversial. IEEs like to discuss, SEIs don't.
    It almost seems counter-intuitive, but it's exactly what I've found too.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Idk, it's easy and intuitive. I'll list just a few things that come to mind: IEEs are Ne evocative and Fi intensive, they lack the Fe of SEIs and are static EP temperament. Their energy is more abrupt, centered and intense, vs the loose expressive flow of SEIs. SEIs often discuss their personal senses and experiences as they value the tone of them and their place among them, come across more personably light and congenial in their expression and affection, where as IEEs are more in their heads about information, more easily wrap their mind around distant conceptualizations, yet because they are extroverted they're more aware of things going on and more stably energetic, without necessarily being social. So you can draw the conclusion that although Si is sensory aware, it is keen for the introvert to be more pensive and reflective about what they recount and the IEE to be visually and energetically more centered and present. IEEs' emotions and sentiments are more self-involved, opportunities for personal clarity and resonance, rather than SEIs' desire to affect onto people their respectable conduct and expressions, even in all the little subconscious ways. Check signature for a lot of good examples, and highly recommended to read Jung on Fe, Fi, Si and Ne.
    This is great. Matches my experiences perfectly.
    Quoting for emphasis so that the scanning users will actually give it consideration.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE is more likely than SEI about your sister.
    Here is a link to some photos of her, she is the one on the left. Just keep hitting the next button for more photos.

*Photo's removed*

She is very quiet but can talk a lot once she gets started. It's probably worth noting that she is a triplet and has spent much of her school life living at boarding schools in big dorm rooms with many other girls.
    Last edited by Hays; 09-22-2012 at 11:33 PM.

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that SEIs are less interested in discussion. They get bored unless there is an opinion. I've noticed several having the tendency to have lengthy discussions about their opinions with people that agree with them in a dramatic "us vs. people who disagree with us" manner, though that's just my perception. Makes sense considering ILEs are prone to debate and strong opinions.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But something can be deep without being controversial.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEIs are more sensory. They like things like cooking, dancing, painting, etc. They often talk about these things using vivid emotional language.

IEEs are intuitives, so they talk more about big picture things or trendy things, and the emphasis on emotions is more low-key.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs are way more idealistic than SEIs. If an IEE has got an idea that something is right or wrong you will know it the first day you've met them. IEEs also tend to look slightly more arrogant and seeking for praise in a group of people while SEIs just like to chill out and make people laugh.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple; one is more hyperactive than the other. Energy pulsates much stronger from an IEE. Listen closely; you can hear the difference in wavelength

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlast View Post
    Simple; one is more hyperactive than the other. Energy pulsates much stronger from an IEE. Listen closely; you can hear the difference in wavelength
    Yeah, IEE waves can even go through walls and all.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just noticed every intuitive type self-types philosopher or something like that in here. Not only I did notice that, there's more, I'm going to bite some people in order their philosophical self reveals its soft intellectual spot.

I counted twelve people so far. The reality based people jabbing on about philosophy.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs float in milk.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    IEEs float in milk.
    Hmm, that's strange. Milk has to give them some kind of functions, then. I think I'm going to research this mysterious milk.