View Poll Results: What's her sociotype?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

1 50.00%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 50.00%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%

Thread: What's her Socionics type?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's her Socionics type?

t
    Last edited by HERO; 09-09-2012 at 02:45 AM.

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response/VI typing. I've definitely considered ESFj, so it's plausible... I'm still considering other types as well.

actually she looks IEI.even the album title "Almost_There_Lost_in_Spac e" is Ni-ish .

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your response/VI typing. I could also entertain IEI for her I suppose, yet the album (title) is mine actually [I should've thought about that in advance] . . . I actually have this person's permission in this case, yet of course I'm not going to leave the pictures there for too many days, either way...

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome, agape. IMO she looks ESFj by the book. I could be wrong, though...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm leaning towards ESFj at the moment.

Music she likes includes Phil Collins, Dido, Rachmaninoff, Diana Krall, Sarah Brightman, Coldplay, Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Buena Vista Social Club, Café del Mar, Loreena McKennitt, opera, some musicals, etc.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

extravert sensory
    either SEE or ESE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Maritsa. I guess SEE is also a possibility, although I can see how ESE might make more sense based on what I know.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some things she wrote/said:

"A) My future career is to do research regarding the regeneration of the nervous system. I've been always puzzled about why the nervous system does not regenerate even though it has the same origin as the skin. This career will make me feel that I might make a difference in the world.

B) The last movie I saw dealt with human love relationships and destructive behavior. The best part was the beginning of the love relationship between two partners and the music scene. It was amazing the alternation between reality and fantasy.

C) I like to go for walks at the beach and in the beautiful parks to be close to nature. I like interior decorating.

D) I don't know too much about him to make an opinion if he is a good or bad president. I believe that he and his wife are a charming couple. I think it's hard for Obama to achieve positive outcomes after such a failing Bush presidency."

"The people that were coming were not looking extremely high class, but they were not looking redneck either. So beautiful [describing the place]. I was mesmerized by this place. This was the first time I felt good about myself.
    It was aristocratic, refined...
    It was like a building from a different dimension transferred temporarily to Calgary, so much contrast between what Calgary is about...
    I can detach myself so badly, I can detach myself complete... see in my life I was a dreamer... I made movies in my brain... I'm an 'artist'."

"I am not very good socially in some ways. Actually, I'm very good socially, but I don't like society."

- She doesn't like minimalist interior decoration/design. As a child she was very nice, kind, shy, anxious, and she believed that people are beautiful and nice... She likes nature.

Some of her favourite movies/TV shows include the Russian movie A Cruel Romance, most of [Andrei] Tarkovsky's movies, etc.; PSI FACTOR: Chronicles of the Paranormal, Criminal Minds, The Young and the Restless, Murdoch Mysteries, etc.

Some of her favourite writers include Fyodor Dostoevsky, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Danielle Steel (or she at least used to read some of her books in the past), etc.
    Last edited by HERO; 09-09-2012 at 02:45 AM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is she - I mean, how do you know her?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's my Mother. I'm not sure if saying that will make things more objective, less objective, or pretty much the same. So far it seems that she's either ESE or IEI-Fe. [Obviously I could still entertain other ethical/Feeling and/or rational/judging types.]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would guess eii, eie, or esi

edit:

that was just VI. off of what I read eie seems stronger, but ese also possible

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a pretty mom. So do I! Anyway, I think she reminds me of several ESE women I know - all of them had that hot (late 60's early 70's) Airline Stewardess look your mom has. At least they did in the 60's and 70's!

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's funny. Well whatever her socionics type is it's most likely Fe-dominant. People generally seem to be leaning more to Involved instead of Abstract.

She often places things somewhere (like pictures, tickets, etc.) and forgets where she put them, yet usually finds them some time later (days later, etc.) I'm not sure if that's really type-related. She's not really a morning person; although she wakes up in the morning she doesn't really like to, of course. That's probably quite common. I had to wake up really early when I was taking English 30-1, which started at 8 AM, and I had to take the C-Train which was often quite crowded. I had to wake up earlier so that I could take it before it got too crowded.

The more I think about it the more I think it's possible that she might be EIE after all. Some people see ESE, others see Ni-dominant (especially IEI) at times... and EIE kind of combines the two.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since a lot of people have suggested ESE, I'd say that in order of likelihood the list would probably look like this:

1. ESE
    2. EIE
    3. ESI
    4. IEI
    5. SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She doesn't look particularly ESFj to me.

ESFjs usually smile in photos and are engaged with the camera while this woman exudes coldblood vibe and is a robot.
    Last edited by Trevor; 09-06-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Last edited by mu4; 09-07-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: changed my mind

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    She doesn't look particularly ESFj to me.

ESFjs usually smile in photos and are engaged with the camera while this woman exudes coldblood vibe and is a robot.
    Perhaps this is a valid argument for her being Se/Ni (Decisive) while still being rational/judging.

What about this picture of my Aunt and my Mom when they were younger (my Aunt is on the left of the picture and my Mom is on the right):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6986724...in/photostream

At least two people (including Maritsa) thought my Aunt looks SEE...

I'm not sure about my Mom -- EIE, SEE, IEI, ESI, or ESE....

My Aunt was the more popular one. One guy even told my Mom when she was younger why she can't be more like her sister.
    In some ways, though, a lot of people feared and hated my Aunt. She could be quite mean; she definitely knew how to reply and make people cry and stuff like that... I'd imagine if she were on this site in her prime there's no one that could compare to her...

My Mom on the other hand was kind of anxious and overlooked a lot. She was once in a relationship with a (divorced) neurosurgeon who turned out to be kind of physically abusive, and even cheated on her with a Jehovah's Witness (who was divorced). Anyway this was all before I was conceived and born. From what I know of the story my Aunt physically threatened the neurosurgeon. My Aunt once told me that she has beaten up men (there was a crazy homeless guy who was attacking her children with a knife that she almost killed by beating him up)... And I don't doubt it. In terms of who's more likely to be Se-dominant/Se-valuing, it's probably my Aunt, although that may just be stereotypical.

I'd say my intertype relation with my Mom kind of oscillates between being kind of bad to being okay.

My Mom was born and raised in Romania, but her ancestry is a combination of Romanian, Russian, and Ukrainian, I think.
    Last edited by HERO; 09-08-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've changed my mind.

Compare and contrast my Aunt with my Mom.

My Aunt:

http://s1144.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ2QQtppZZ12

http://s1144.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ12

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...portraits-Beta

My Aunt is Ni-ENFj. She looks a bit like Shirley Manson.

Now here's my Mom:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69867246@N06/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69867246@N06/page2/

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ortraits-Gamma

http://gallery.socionix.com/Gamma/Fi-ISFj/Feist/

http://gallery.socionix.com/Gamma/Fi-ISFj/Welch/

My Mom is Fi-ISFj. She looks a bit like Feist and Florence Welch.

F# minor (Aries)

" . . . Can't find the good in each other . . . bring out the worst in the other -- the bad in each other . . ."

G Major (Gemini)

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have Romanian origins? Oh wow, what's with this high interest of Romanians in socionics?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neverthesame View Post
    You have Romanian origins? Oh wow, what's with this high interest of Romanians in socionics?
    They all self-type ILE so far.

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Absurd

Except me. I self-type LII.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neverthesame View Post
    Except me. I self-type LII.
    You're from Romania?

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You're from Romania?
    Yep.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wasn't that far off.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk, agape.

Based solely on pictures i'd go with some Introverted type. Do you think introversion works? Does your mom talk a lot? How is she with strangers? Does she actively engage them in conversation or she usually just stays quiet? Is she primarily energy-expending or energy-conserving.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She gives somewhat contradictory responses at times, so if she's an Introvert she might actually be an extraverted subtype.

- Does your Mom talk a lot?
    No, she doesn't?

- How is she with strangers?
    -Does she actively engage them in conversation or she usually just stays quiet?
    It depends. She often gets into conversations with people -- sometimes she likes that. She's said that she's a very private person, though.

- Is she primarily energy-expending or energy-conserving?
    She likes to be with people, and she claims that she gains energy from interacting, I think...

http://www.socionics.us/theory/ext_int.shtml

Extraverts
    "•focused on expending energy; need to expend energy and attention to reach state of complete equilibrium"

My Mom says she does that all day at work. When she's at work she's not tired. When she's at home (off work) she gets tired.

Introverts
    •focused on conserving energy; need to be given energy and attention to reach state of complete equilibrium

She says she's not conserving energy. She gives too much energy to people. They take all her energy.

I don't know. I guess she might either be an Introvert with an extraverted subtype, or an Extravert with an introverted subtype.

I forgot to add that my Mom also likes Wheel of Fortune. She just saw the woman that could've won $100,000. "She lost $100,000." Anyway, she also talked about this guy on the show who was making really bad choices regarding letters. Regarding him she said, "This guy is so retarded. He sees that there are many R's." "He almost had a nervous breakdown on the show." "Even the host [Pat Sajak] says 'when are you going to your counsellor after the show?'"

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your mom looks ISFj to me.