Tarquin LxE?
    Eugene EIE
    Malack ESI

Suggestions? Arguments?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Kazumi Kato and Daigo as benefactor/beneficiary but I can't pin down the exact types. Kazumi fights off the ninjas while pregnant while Daigo tries to be helpful but is thwarted aww.

But as for the major characters, is anyone else on the side of Sabine SEE>SLE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    But as for the major characters, is anyone else on the side of Sabine SEE>SLE
    You're the one who typed her SLE.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I would argue it, but I had thought of Haley as SeFi. She sees a trinket, she takes it. Other people give her a plan to follow, she nods...then does her own thing anyways. She's never struck me as being a character who focuses on abstracts, but is more down to earth, dealing with concrete things.

Vaarsuvius has struck me as an Ni base, leaning towards NiFe. Not so much because of the mysticism, but possible Ti HA's desire to understand the universe. I also think Vaarsuvius is Ne ignoring rather than Ne creative. I can see an argument for NiTe, with Ti demonstrative.

I can see the OP's suggested typings for the main heroes as being good guesses.
    I don't pay enough attention to the other characters to type them.
    (but I luvs the monster in the dark!!)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Abbie

I have fluctuating opinions! Right now I'm strongly SEE. Sabine's exhibition of her attraction to Nale is very confident and natural. Say we look at Haley's (ILE) attraction to Elan; first it was shyly repressed, then later when reciprocated, it became a bit too overt and out-of-place at times. I take it as Fi-creative vs Fi-PoLR

Also (YES I KNOW SHE'S A TEMPTRESS DUE TO HER RACIAL TRAITS BUT REGARDLESS!) she attempts to seduce her way out of problems instead of having an elaborate set-up that can save her unlike Xykon. So, maybe not Ti-creative.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why SLE for Xykon?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Not that I would argue it, but I had thought of Haley as SeFi. She sees a trinket, she takes it. Other people give her a plan to follow, she nods...then does her own thing anyways. She's never struck me as being a character who focuses on abstracts, but is more down to earth, dealing with concrete things.

Vaarsuvius has struck me as an Ni base, leaning towards NiFe. Not so much because of the mysticism, but possible Ti HA's desire to understand the universe. I also think Vaarsuvius is Ne ignoring rather than Ne creative. I can see an argument for NiTe, with Ti demonstrative.

I can see the OP's suggested typings for the main heroes as being good guesses.
    I don't pay enough attention to the other characters to type them.
    Not that I would argue either, and I feel that the points you raised for Haley are very good ones. However her sensitivity towards what Elan thinks of her morals seems to point towards Fi at Super-Ego block though. But I could be wrong at that. I mean it's also possible to see it as Fi PoLRs having rigid morals, and not caring about what people think of it at all, while Fi-creatives want to be accepted by those they care about. Heh ~socionics~

I can't really see Varsuvius as having Te-PoLR! His/her/it's obsession with factual accuracy and clear social awkwardness (which he/she/it accepts as part of his/her/it's personality) clearly points more towards NT. I actually lean more towards ILI now considering V's inclination towards the mystical. Ni>Ne

Clearly this shows you're ILE. You must be because monster is SEI.

Just kidding don't kick me in the nuts!

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Why SLE for Xykon?
    Haha I'd like to hear from you why not?

I mean essentially we typed Xykon based on fairly arbitrary characteristics like his love for power, his elaborate schemes etc. And how he has likes to have fun and not take things seriously except when he absolutely has to (like when his Phylactery went missing in the sewers hehe). It'd be great if you have another opinion that can show us what we missed.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not that I would argue it, but I had thought of Haley as SeFi.
    No. She definitely has the demeanor of a logical type.

She's never struck me as being a character who focuses on abstracts, but is more down to earth, dealing with concrete things.
    Well, she did have that whole episode where she was arguing with her subconsciouses.
    She seems like a democratic type to me. But that might just be her alignment.
    Are you taking her relationship to the other characters into account? Duals with Elan, beneficiary of Roy, mirrors with V?

You think V is Se-seeking and not Ti?
    I think it was Brilliand who typed him LII. Since we have so many LIIs and ILIs on the forum, I think it would be best for them to tell us what type V is.

Right now I'm strongly SEE. Sabine's exhibition of her attraction to Nale is very confident and natural. Say we look at Haley's (ILE) attraction to Elan; first it was shyly repressed, then later when reciprocated, it became a bit too overt and out-of-place at times. I take it as Fi-creative vs Fi-PoLR

she attempts to seduce her way out of problems instead of having an elaborate set-up that can save her unlike Xykon. So, maybe not Ti-creative.
    Okay, Sabine as SEE. Do you still think Nale is EIE?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Why SLE for Xykon?
    Do you have another type suggestion? He seems like an EP. He torments people when he's bored (I know that's evil, but if you were evil you would go about it entirely differently.) and wastes time until he suddenly takes decisive action. His view that "Power is power." points toward Se and not Ne. And he doesn't care at all about his relationships with people, viewing them as amusements or tools, so SLE over SEE.

I actually lean more towards ILI now considering V's inclination towards the mystical. Ni>Ne
    S/he's an elvish wizard. What would you expect? I think a rational vs irrational and a Ti vs Te argument are in order.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! Rangers suck so bad. What a terrible class.

EDIT: Time out gang, did WoC seriously serve them?
    Last edited by JWC3; 09-04-2012 at 07:16 PM.
    Easy Day

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. She definitely has the demeanor of a logical type.
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0765.html

Fairly self-evident in this strip haha.

Okay, Sabine as SEE. Do you still think Nale is EIE?
    I have no reason against EIE for now. Nale and Sabine in benefactor/beneficiary relations looks quite alright.

I've to admit though, EIE is a heuristic choice for me because I automatically tie scheming, egoistic villain with a taste for drama to the evil version of EIE.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What specifically makes you think he's not Ne?

I actually lean more towards ILI now considering V's inclination towards the mystical. Ni>Ne
    Ni has no claim on mysticism.
    You're rightly thinking of the open-minded.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni has no claim on mysticism.
    Yea true enough what was I saying.

Let me try to support the case for V as LII though:

Fi-superego from the explosive traps set for Belkar (expressing hatred for him in a "morally safe" way although missing the point of being moral entirely)
    I'm also wondering if V's guilty conscience (back from when invisibility was used to escape the hobgoblin army) and his/her/it's counter-productive reaction to it is related to out-of-whack Fi-superego.

Se-PoLR as seen from the "sell my soul for power" saga where V was unable to skillfully use raw power, allowing Se-ego Xykon an easy victory. In fact there may have been some supervision there "the only real power is real power, and you have to earn it!"

Ti-ego at a glance may be apparent from V's coldness and taciturn nature. When he/she/it speaks, it's usually to state an observed pattern (Ne-creative)

... although sometimes it's proven untrue in the current situation (Te-ignoring).
    Attached Images Attached Images