A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why Scapegrace cannot be INFp

Let's pretend that I can take socionics seriously for a moment. *giggle* *cough cough*

This party bus has rules. If you want to ignore them it's fine. I'm 5w1 so I can dig that. Elton John is sexually attracted to women and someone found severed finger on Mars.

If you would like to play by the rules, however, I cannot be INFp.

Why? Because I cannot have a psychological block or "polr" against a function that I use perhaps most adeptly in my day to day life: extroverted thinking. Some fun facts:

- I've been financially independent since age 15 and at age 22 I am not , starving, destitute, or in any debit at all.
    -In fact at age 19 I prevented foreclosure on my grandparent's home. They still owe me money.
    - I put myself through University debt free.
    - I travel frequently.

None of this is luck. It is because I am financially incredibly responsible and I always have been (I was budgeting for my family by the time I was 8). Most 22 year olds have a difficult time paying their rent. In being cheap (really, I buy one pair of shoes and wear them until they have holes) and making sure I always have a decent source of income I live far better than most established adults. People come to me for financial advice. I took my step father's credit from "you can't open a bank account with us" to "why yes you can have a low interest mortgage" in five years even though he was being a pain in the ass.

More fun facts:

-I've completed 99% of my BA online (I only have to finish my on campus requirement to graduate).
    - I always finish my papers, etc. days in advance.
    - I tend do far more work than what is required.
    - I do all of this whether I like the subject of my efforts or loath it.

One of the reasons "distance education" hasn't been very successful despite the fact that it seems like such a good idea is that it requires a tremendous amount of self directed study. Statistically most people simply can't do it (I would post the study, but I'm on my iPad). I have no problem with it, in fact I prefer to study this way.

I might continue my assault later. The brain needs food.

Maritsa shut up in advance, thank you. You can be right someday if I ever end up with a drug addiction and find myself destitute and with bad study habits.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

be ILI instead, please.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maritsa is watching....

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you like some water on that pizza, Absurd?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be Fe-valuing! It's not such a bad thing to be. IEI is pretty not correct though. The things you are listing as Te-oriented are very superficial though at best. Things like "I'm good with money, I must value Te" are very tenuis connections.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nah, I've got beer.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Be Fe-valuing! It's not such a bad thing to be. IEI is pretty not correct though. The things you are listing as Te-oriented are very superficial though at best. Things like "I'm good with money, I must value Te" are very tenuis connections.
    I'm not trying to type myself or suggest that I am OMG TE ON STEROIDS I'm pointing out how idiotic it is that people keep insisting that I'm INFp. I'm ashamed for them.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agree with Maritsa and JWC3. Seriously.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Let's pretend that I can take socionics seriously for a moment. *giggle* *cough cough*

This party bus has rules. If you want to ignore them it's fine. I'm 5w1 so I can dig that. Elton John is sexually attracted to women and someone found severed finger on Mars.

If you would like to play by the rules, however, I cannot be INFp.

Why? Because I cannot have a psychological block or "polr" against a function that I use perhaps most adeptly in my day to day life: extroverted thinking. Some fun facts:

- I've been financially independent since age 15 and at age 22 I am not , starving, destitute, or in any debit at all.
    -In fact at age 19 I prevented foreclosure on my grandparent's home. They still owe me money.
    - I put myself through University debt free.
    - I travel frequently.

None of this is luck. It is because I am financially incredibly responsible and I always have been (I was budgeting for my family by the time I was 8). Most 22 year olds have a difficult time paying their rent. In being cheap (really, I buy one pair of shoes and wear them until they have holes) and making sure I always have a decent source of income I live far better than most established adults. People come to me for financial advice. I took my step father's credit from "you can't open a bank account with us" to "why yes you can have a low interest mortgage" in five years even though he was being a pain in the ass.

More fun facts:

-I've completed 99% of my BA online (I only have to finish my on campus requirement to graduate).
    - I always finish my papers, etc. days in advance.
    - I tend do far more work than what is required.
    - I do all of this whether I like the subject of my efforts or loath it.

One of the reasons "distance education" hasn't been very successful despite the fact that it seems like such a good idea is that it requires a tremendous amount of self directed study. Statistically most people simply can't do it (I would post the study, but I'm on my iPad). I have no problem with it, in fact I prefer to study this way.

I might continue my assault later. The brain needs food.

Maritsa shut up in advance, thank you. You can be right someday if I ever end up with a drug addiction and find myself destitute and with bad study habits.
    Superficial correlations to Te at best. I don't see how you would be ILI, Fe>Te.

You strike me as being emotionally manipulative, and unsympathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if you were a sociopath, not that it's type related. Look into the 4 typing, it seems to fit you better. Also, I don't know if you were being cute, but 5w1 doesn't exist.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duh. I just want them to shut up.

For everything else there is cake mania.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i barely know you but like i said, you remind me of korp, except prettier and more emotive, both of which can be explained with gurlness.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Superficial correlations to Te at best. I don't see how you would be ILI.

You strike me as being emotionally manipulative, and unsympathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if you were a sociopath. Look into the 4 typing, it seems to fit you better. Also, I don't know if you were being cute, but 5w1 doesn't exist.
    You strike me as being the world's biggest dickhead so there we have it.

Where are our gold stars?

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A B.A.? You need a B.S. in Biochemical Engineering or some shit to even qualify for being a logical type or someone who values !
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the things you describe do seem out of character for someone who is INFp. I have no idea of your type. When I noticed you posting / chatting, my reactions were that you seem likable enough and really young.

You also increasingly strike me as armored up, possibly someone who has been parentified. All very NTR, but things that can obscure type.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to type myself or suggest that I am OMG TE ON STEROIDS I'm pointing out how idiotic it is that people keep insisting that I'm INFp. I'm ashamed for them.
    Well let's get something out of the way right now, I do not, nor have I ever thought that you are IEI. Flat out I'm not implying or saying anything of the sort. However, do you see how both this post and your OP are constructed in a very specific way designed to get an emotional reaction out of the reader?

To sort of stylistically lay out the construction it's something like this.
    - Impressive fact
    - Impressive fact
    - Impressive fact

- Conclusion that anyone who doesn't ascribe to the importance of these facts must themselves be unimpressive.
    The emphasis you place on the information you present is ascribed to the emotional connotation (in this case how impressive you are, and fwiw I'll concede that these things are impressive) rather than on how this information functionally fits into the theoretical construct of socionics, and why it should be taken to mean such and such in those confines.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COMFINED View Post
    Some of the things you describe do seem out of character for someone who is INFp. I have no idea of your type. When I noticed you posting / chatting, my reactions were that you seem likable enough and really young.

You also increasingly strike me as armored up, possibly someone who has been parentified. All very NTR, but things that can obscure type.
    I think these types of observations can be very type related. For example I doubt anyone would describe an ESE as "Armored up" I would more readily think that an ESE who has suffered exaggerated emotional trauma as a child might be described as 'withdrawn' or whatever the opposite of withdrawn is. Exclusively outwardly focused for the sake of not dealing with internal emotional trauma. Does that have a word?
    Easy Day

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you see how both this post and your OP are constructed in a very specific way designed to get an emotional reaction out of the reader?

To sort of stylistically lay out the construction it's something like this.

The emphasis you place on the information you present is ascribed to the emotional connotation (in this case how impressive you are, and fwiw I'll concede that these things are impressive) rather than on how this information functionally fits into the theoretical construct of socionics, and why it should be taken to mean such and such in those confines.
    No. The post looks very much like the prewriting I do for my papers. I have simply listed the empirical facts and I have yet to flesh them out with concerte evidence. I don't find them particually impressive, frankly. I can't imagine why you would have an emotional reaction to an itemization of such boring shit.

Your second paragraph I cannot understand and I don't speak cell phone.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. The post looks very much like the prewriting I do for my papers. I have simply listed the empirical facts and I have yet to flesh them out with concerte evidence. I don't find them particually impressive frankly. I can't imagine why you would have an emotional reaction to an itemization of such boring shit.
    Well in part the emotional emphasis comes from the focus on age. Instead of saying "I did this thing" it's "I did this thing, AND I WAS FUCKING SEVEN!"
    Easy Day

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OP
    Jesus, you're a goddamn superhero.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Jesus, you're a goddamn superhero.
    @Scapegrace

SEE! Look at it! Look at his reaction! Your post is designed to illicit this exact reaction, and mune being the nice Fe-ego type that he is supplies it.
    Easy Day

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in part the emotional emphasis comes from the focus on age. Instead of saying "I did this thing" it's "I did this thing, AND I WAS FUCKING SEVEN!"
    I pointed out how old I was only because age is an indication that something is a natural tendency rather than a skill acquired by necessity.

If I did not think of socionics as over simplified and silly I will argue that with age, and necessity people with a TE polr can acquire the skills I list above. At my age it must be natural.

I'm pretty sure Mune is being sarcastic.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Mune is being sarcastic.
    Well no, mune is a nice person, I'm fairly certain that he is actually impressed.
    Easy Day

Scapegrace,that's some srsly impressive trivia there.at least to me,a person who won't fly out of fear for getting in the wrong plane or sth.what led you towards becoming such an independent kick-ass?were you beaten by your parents ? were you raised by your butler? my parents would apply corporal punishment on me about 5 times a year as a child and maybe i needed more of this instead of those stupid language schools godamnit >:\ btw you can go be gamma but be sure that there are smart street-wise IEIs like krаe out there and you could be one of them.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

El oh el, I do not even know who that is and I posted in this thread. Must be the bump on my head I acquired today.

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#The-...Socionics-Test

Be krаe, that's the "best" conflict I have ever had.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SCAPE MAYBE UR SLI

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh vey @ this thread.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pointed out how old I was only because age is an indication that something is a natural tendency rather than a skill acquired by necessity.

If I did not think of socionics as over simplified and silly I will argue that with age, and necessity people with a TE polr can acquire the skills I list above. At my age it must be natural.
    Look, I'm not making a case for you being Te-PoLR, I'm implying that LSI is a better choice.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's no beta people in Gamma land, JWC3. I mean they would be killed on the spot just by seeing korpsey, Ashton and woofwoofl in action.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, I'm not making a case for you being Te-PoLR, I'm implying that LSI is a better choice.
    I can see LSI.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    I can see LSI.
    No, I can't see Ne PoLR. I still think ILI.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JW, I think I illicit an emotional response from people because I've led a rather Dickensian life. I'm still trying to figure out how to talk about myself without sounding too sensationalistic. I have a very difficult time trying gauge what kind of reactions I might get from what I output. So I end up with this emotional backlash and I don't know how to cope with it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well then, seems like my theory of theories reigns supreme.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Martians do eat Cheetos and that's why they stink.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JW, I think I illicit an emotional response from people because I've led a rather Dickensian life. I'm still trying to figure out how to talk about myself without sounding too sensationalistic. I have a very difficult time trying gauge what kind of reactions I might get from what I output. So I end up with this emotional backlash and I don't know how to cope with it.
    You illicit an emotional response from people because you are anal about trivialities in an obnoxiously condescending way. Try being less of a bitch, that usually works.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I do. Like how you just typed "illicit a response" because my iPad changes elicit to illicit. Lolz.

Go drown in a bucket of your own masturbatory fluids, shit for brains.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Martians do eat Cheetos and that's why they stink.
    Heh, something like that.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I mean you don't have to get all down on yourself. Now I'm all sad and shit.
    Easy Day

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Qft

Skills =\= functions.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast