Thread: Pizza challenge

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pizza challenge

I found a restaurant with an interesting pizza challenge no one has won. I'm not still sure whether it's is something I could achieve without intensive training (read: gluttony) so I'm making this thread to gain insight on all the factors involved.

The pizza is 85cm/33" in diameter. Medium pizza at Domino's is 12". You have to take into account that the increase in diameter will be exponential. This increases the size of the pizza as big as eight Domino's medium pizzas. This must be devoured in 45 minutes.

It comes with 4 fillings, one of them must be meat.
    For the meat compartment I'd prefer something that wouldn't fill the belly too fast so intuitively sea food (possibly clam), which is also a bit more ecological and ethical in my book. Double cheese as one of the fillings is out of the question as it's too heavy. Vegetables and maybe mushrooms sound optimal.

The pizza costs 50e but if the challenge is won, it and the drinks involved are for free. I might also get a picture of myself on the wall.

I'm 190cm/6'3" tall, 85kg/187lbs. I have a history of obesity around 120kg/265lbs which might have made my belly sturdier. The rules prohibit any kind of emptying of the belly (this very probably means no entering the toilet) but I'm very good at ingesting matter and keeping it in even when I feel nauseated. This is maybe because I often continue to drink alcohol even when I get gag reflezes for every sip I take. I'm an efficient eater. I'm practically always the first one to finish while the others have eaten about half of their meal. In general, I'm very good in mind over matter when it comes to things like stamina and pain.

I might want to drink the night before the competition, not eating anything. The next morning I should drink a cup of black coffee to provoke the feces which occupying my intestines out of my system. Then I should use something that contains THC to increase my appetite.

I'm interested in any insight, tips, encouragement, discouragement and questions you might have.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Practice filling your stomach past current capacity in advance imo. Stretches it and gets you used to the process. How long do you have to prepare? If as long as you want not sure how much you'd need.

The only advantage of clearing your bowels is how much literal space you'll have in your abdominal cavity (might not make a big difference, but every cm cubed counts?) and how empty and unbloated you want your abdomen to feel before you start. Iirc the bottom half of the stomach has a valve - to prevent acids from escaping and matter from the intestines from backing up during peristalsis - so food won't be pushed directly down into the intestines. Wouldn't digest that much in 45 mins anyway.

I'm told quinces are a good laxative eg: in jam. (Saying so in case they're common in your area and you want something cheapish.) Google your options.

Is the pizza cut up in advance or do you have to tear it yourself? If it's cut practice a method to eat the slices, if not a tearing method? Is a knife allowed? Make up a chewing pattern?

Work out how big a chunk you can swallow fast. Reduces both cutting and chewing time. Looking at eating contest videos may be helpful. One champion called Sonya Thomas is nicknamed the Black Widow.

Mozzarella doesn't feel as heavy as other cheeses ime.

Consider bringing a big crowd along so you won't want to FAIL LIKE A BITCH in front of them.

Good luck, you'll probably die in a puddle of your own pizza-stainted vomit. o/ Ancient romans used salty water to purge themselves during banquets before eating more, if you need to help your (lack of?) gag reflex along for whatever reason.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Practice filling your stomach past current capacity in advance imo. Stretches it and gets you used to the process. How long do you have to prepare? If as long as you want not sure how much you'd need.
    I'll have to wait sometime since I'm currently in debt. I think I'd have enough practice time.

I'm told quinces are a good laxative eg: in jam. (Saying so in case they're common in your area and you want something cheapish.) Google your options.
    Is the pizza cut up in advance or do you have to tear it yourself? If it's cut practice a method to eat the slices, if not a tearing method? Is a knife allowed? Make up a chewing pattern?
    I think I might have some methods in my mind but I think it's more about stamina than speed. Knife is allowed. I'll probably time the slices. If it's cut in eight pieces, one slice should take an average of 5 minutes per slice. This has to be adjusted as the first pieces will be easier.
    Work out how big a chunk you can swallow fast. Reduces both cutting and chewing time. Looking at eating contest videos may be helpful. One champion called Sonya Thomas is nicknamed the Black Widow.
    I think it's more about stamina than speed but I'm not sure.
    Consider bringing a big crowd along so you won't want to FAIL LIKE A BITCH in front of them.
    That's something I'd wanna do. Aivo lives near that place.
    Good luck, you'll probably die in a puddle of your own pizza-stainted vomit. o/
    We'll it's a hero's death. Sort of. Glorius and shit.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden