User Tag List

Thread: Hey, people

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey, people.

LSI-Ti here. Joined this site some years ago, so I suppose this is a reintroduction?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hey, i kind of remember you & your LSI typing, welcome back

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish we had more LSIs around

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    I wish we had more LSIs around
    You'd be surprised. There are actually a fair number who contribute daily. At least in relation to the number of other types who have daily contributing representatives. Though I admit that the fact that for the most part they have incorrectly typed themselves as a whole and are therefore more concerned with offering skewed advice from a perspective that is not their own can get annoying. Then again they are LSIs so they aren't generally concerned with advice in the first place *shrugs* skewed insight perhaps? Skewed jokes? Incorrect self typing is annoying is what I'm getting at.

I would be interested in having a conversation about why almost every LSI self-types incorrectly. Though it seems that the OP may haven proven me wrong. I think this is something I would like to be wrong about
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    You'd be surprised. There are actually a fair number who contribute daily. At least in relation to the number of other types who have daily contributing representatives.
    Who's that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incorrect self typing is annoying is what I'm getting at.
    Are we (LSIs) any more prone to self-type incorrectly than any other type?

I would be interested in having a conversation about why almost every LSI self-types incorrectly.
    Might be interesting.

Though it seems that the OP may haven proven me wrong. I think this is something I would like to be wrong about
    Proven you wrong how?

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    hey, i kind of remember you & your LSI typing, welcome back
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Markuz; 08-20-2012 at 03:53 AM.

Creepy-Snaps

Welcome, Markuz.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hey, nice to meet you!

You'd be surprised. There are actually a fair number who contribute daily. At least in relation to the number of other types who have daily contributing representatives. Though I admit that the fact that for the most part they have incorrectly typed themselves as a whole and are therefore more concerned with offering skewed advice from a perspective that is not their own can get annoying. Then again they are LSIs so they aren't generally concerned with advice in the first place *shrugs* skewed insight perhaps? Skewed jokes? Incorrect self typing is annoying is what I'm getting at.

I would be interested in having a conversation about why almost every LSI self-types incorrectly. Though it seems that the OP may haven proven me wrong. I think this is something I would like to be wrong about
    the general stereotype of lsi is the most embarrassing out of all the types imo.
    (and it shouldn't be I mean look at squark.)

edit: maybe second most embarrassing after ese.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi. Nice avatar.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Markuz View Post
    Are we (LSIs) any more prone to self-type incorrectly as any other type?
    Yes. Welcome.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we (LSIs) any more prone to self-type incorrectly than any other type?
    Well the short answer is 'No.' They are likely not any more likely to self-type incorrectly than any other type, it's probably just coincidence. More likely when having this discussion you'd have to talk about individual reactions to socionics and not an over arching type-related conclusion.

Proven you wrong how?
    Oh, well, not really. You would have proven me wrong if I made the comment that "All LSIs self-type incorrectly" in which case you, as a counter example if correctly typed, prove my conclusion incorrect. Rather I'm making the statement that "It seems like LSIs self type incorrectly fairly often." which is less of a maxim and more of an observation. Mostly I just made an off-hand comment about the conclusions that I was implying before and in a way trying to be nice to you by not undermining your socionics understanding by thoroughly examining your self-typing. Perhaps a better way to read my earlier comment is as follows, "It'd be nice to see an LSI who has correctly typed themselves for a change."

Quote Originally Posted by lungs
    the general stereotype of lsi is the most embarrassing out of all the types imo.

Perhaps. Ideological reasoning and beta types seem to mix fairly well. I do think the common conception of Ne-PoLR is perhaps the most infantile and incorrect stereotype on this site.
    Last edited by JWC3; 08-20-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    Easy Day

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post

I always thought the stereotype of ILE was the most embarassing.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden