Thread: Advice needed

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Advice needed

So, I have a 10" fry pan and usually eat A LOT of greens so I need to get a new pan. I need a bigger one and I can't make a decision as to WHAT TO DO WHERE ARE THOSE Tes

Um...ok so I want to cook various things in this new pan, fried potatoes, fried zucchini blossoms, other fried foods and I need a new bigger pan for versatility; now there are various ones I'm eyeing all range to about 100 bucks.

Um...the reason why I can't decide is because I am not sure if I want to go for stainless or steel. I don't know if I want one that's deep or shallow. I don't know. I can't decide.

Here are my choices

de Buyer iron pan 12"
    All clad 13"
    Lodge 12" pan

Does it have to be a frying pan? Why not get a George Foreman Grill (or similar) and grill your veggies (as well as meats, if you're not a vegetarian). Much healthier and tastier (the latter being just my opinion, ofc, as I don't like that greasy feel of fried food).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Does it have to be a frying pan? Why not get a George Foreman Grill (or similar) and grill your veggies (as well as meats, if you're not a vegetarian). Much healthier and tastier (the latter being just my opinion, ofc, as I don't like that greasy feel of fried food).
    Well, true but when you heat the pans up properly, you only need less than a table spoon of oil. I can't put collard and mustard greens on a george

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Well, true but when you heat the pans up properly, you only need less than a table spoon of oil.

Whatever makes you happy, in that case.

EDIT: Oh, I see you edited. Well yeah, collard greens might not work... tbh I can't see it making *that much* of a difference what type of pan you get. Just get what seems like it'd work for the most stuff. I rarely cook, though, so this is where my "advice" runs out. Good luck figuring it out

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Cook half-sized meals, save money on pans and food.
    I save money by taking the other portion to lunch.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    I save money by taking the other portion to lunch.
    And by following my advice your savings is x8.