Thread: intraquadra strife

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default intraquadra strife

how do people in your own quadra piss you off?

agarina made a thread like this about duality a little while back and i guess this is kind of an expanded version.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually get quite irked when Delta Ne ego types are quick to judge and ignore other possibilities. Worse, when they flat out refuse to discuss other possible viewpoints. Here I am referring to short term or single context type things, rather than lengthy experiences or across contexts. I mean, the more experience one has in a variety of contexts, then the more sure I can understand being.

Interacting with other social extroverts also annoys me (but not just my quadra mates, lol). Probably because I have a hard enough time sorting through info, and if that info keeps changing...as socially extroverted types often do...then it makes it even harder for me to know what to keep or toss.

I am starting to discover, i think, that the Ni demonstrative of FiNe annoys me, and might be an influence regarding my first paragraph above.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine if ****** has delta kids it wouldn't be much different in that regard, so to speak. I know plenty of betas who are generally just healthy and pleasant, it's not type related (and has no relation to conflict based on information values), so I'm saying the reasons for why deltas would cause trouble with me is dependent on their degree of uncivilized hostility.
    Last edited by 717495; 08-17-2012 at 06:53 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There's no such thing. Usually interquadra members get along fabulously and if they don't than one is usually mistyped.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs by being variously flaky, vain, pollyannaish, long-winded.

SLEs by being lunkheads, quarrelsome, too direct and heavy, elliptical.

LSIs by being categorical, arrogant, nit-picking, patronizing.

EIEs by being shallow, preening, condescending, flippant.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CONFIMED View Post
    IEIs by being variously flaky, vain, pollyannaish, long-winded.

SLEs by being lunkheads, quarrelsome

LSIs by being categorical, arrogant, nit-picking, patronizing.

EIEs by being shallow, preening, condescending, flippant.
    yes to all of this. As to SLE's being too direct and heavy, there's no such thing as "too direct" imo. And I haven't seen a lot of heaviness either but I'm sure it exists with some.

Also, LSIs and EIEs can be complain-y. yuck. Also, IEIs steal my thunder and I don't like it.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    There's no such thing. Usually interquadra members get along fabulously and if they don't than one is usually mistyped.

People are annoying fucks regardless of type or quadra.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post

People are annoying fucks regardless of type or quadra.
    Sometimes, but of the ones I've typed into my quadra, and I've done so not because specifically that I get along with them, I've found a way to communicate with them and have a healthy relationship.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, if I retyped everyone who pisses me off, I wouldn't experience intraquadra strife, either. Too bad that the people type themselves.

Of course, people of every type can annoy me, but I can't pinpoint something to an individual type. It's more that something in the quadra philosophy that may bother me (even though it fits me best out of the four). Sometimes, I have observed a kind of short-sightedness and mentally lazyness in other delta people. They can get too caught up in everyday life and set themselves petty-minded goals that can easily be achieved. The latter is also connected to the unwillingness/inability to think outside of the box. On the other hand, there are idealists who are completely out of touch with reality. They might set themselves high goals and also find good explanations why they believe in whatever they support, but they will never be able to change anything but their own personal life, which has nearly zero impact on society in most cases.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Let's see, take away five people that I've typed out of my quadra because they are not delta types and add in two who are delta type and I should have a healthy quadra.
    -

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta NFs can piss me off by being overly naive and not standing their ground on issues that they should give a shit about; on the opposite side of the coin, when they do stand up for what they believe in they can get too emotional and personal in their argument style and not actually argue about the outside-world reality that triggers their reactions. I haven't met any Delta STs that have really aggravated me in a way characteristic to their types.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes, but of the ones I've typed into my quadra, and I've done so not because specifically that I get along with them, I've found a way to communicate with them and have a healthy relationship.
    Whether you are a troll or not, you have provided a face to a dogmatic one-track socionist we should everyone avoid. I'm grateful.

SEIs are too nice and doormats.
    ESEs are afraid of a grim mood and seem shallow.
    ILEs are naaive and socially crippled.
    LIIs are pussies.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Whether you are a troll or not, you have provided a face to a dogmatic one-track socionist we should everyone avoid. I'm grateful.

SEIs are too nice and doormats.
    ESEs are afraid of a grim mood and seem shallow.
    ILEs are naaive and socially crippled.
    LIIs are pussies.
    oops wrong quadra.

IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming I'm IEI or at least Beta:

It gets annoying watching other Betas act like needy attention whores, esp. Beta NFs talking way too much shit because -they- don't like someone or they're being territorial, regardless of how everyone else feels. I get somewhat territorial as well, but I'm more likely to actually confront the person who's pissing me off.

I hate seeing Beta NFs and STs get surprised by someone's reaction after they treat them like crap, lol, and then act innocent, especially if they're over 20. This especially seems to happen with overly-Se STs who just "don't get it" and emotionally abusive, overly aggressive NFs who've been hurt/offended and want to hurt/offend the other person back. I guess it's the pronounced Fe in my subtype that sees right through that shit in seconds.

The last thing is when Beta NFs (though Gamma NTs also do this to an extent) act like they know what's what because they're insecure and bash me for what I might be into, when often their own interests are similar or almost identical. So pointless and annoying.
    Probably ILI, or IE I/EIE/EII. PM me if you have ideas about my type! Ennagram 2w3 7w8 1w9.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ "Oh, the amount of Se."

I remember being mildly annoyed with my Se-SLE E7 friend from high school, when our casual competitiveness in boxing was inflated to suit whatever hyper-obsessive regime he had devoted himself to; the only other issue I've had with a dual was this Ti-SLE E3 female coworker, who wanted me to just 'read her mind,' as to performing tasks, and then criticized me when they weren't done in 'proper sequence,' but that quickly devolved into a stalemate, and was resolved shortly after. I've never really had problems with LSIs, every now and then an sx 6 will be a little too bity, and there's always the tendency to slumber in the trenches, but that's about it. EIEs I've probably had the most problems with, lol. there's always this tongue-in-cheek double-talk, where we try to one up each other with respect to aristocratic boundaries, which our opposing energies balance out well enough; sometimes they're just presumptuous though, but I avoid responding too harshly because the kingdom is worth more than the gate's spires, so to say. as far as IEIs go, there's a prototype Fe-sub with this puerile self-entitlement that irks the shit out of me: either gleefully take the apple or politely sit in the dungeon, no one cares about a jester. with Ni-subs the conflict is too implicit to be a real issue, and the few times it's boiled over, all that's resulted is contrived attrition.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can vouch for that

Glad I am not mistyped now and in the one and only, true quadra.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE - can seem fake and even mean for being so nice and inspiring and encouraging and whatever at one moment and then completely ignoring you because they have a new project/person to work on. The Ti polr can also be painful especially in some Fi subs..
    SLI - some of them can be overly whiny about relationships and how they suck at Fe related stuff etc.. just get a life
    LSE - especially Te subs can be damn rigid and self-righteous, and I hate how some of them talk about their opinions as if they were objective facts.
    EII - overly speculative, often timid in a very annoying way, too easy to read -> uninteresting
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE - Not too much, though some can take too much of a caregiving approach as if something was in my best interest.
    SLI - Sometimes they look like they want to kill you.
    LSE - Can't take little jokes.
    EII - Some are too standoffish.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Same here - particularly E3 bs. It feels like they're challenging me to out-condescend them but I'd rather not join them on the horrible wanker bench.
    *chuckles* Reminds me of something I saw recently: "I don't like to argue with idiots; they bring you down to their level and then defeat you with experience."
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SFs can be terribly materialistic esp. when they grew up in cultures / cities which emphasize this tendency.

The NTs can be aloof, critical and workaholics.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp - can be too literal, can be oblivious towards subtle social cues, don't "get the hint" until you explicitly tell them "no, I don't want to do X with you.", E2 variants come off as really fake and put-on, can occasionally be really pushy, enjoy being on a moral high-ground, etc.

ISTp - I honestly don't know very many ISTps, but they can be really dickish when they want to.

INFj - timid, flakey, kinesthetically oblivious, can create really awkward social situations, often jarring in communication, require someone who can pull them out of their own minds which can get tiring, oscillate between being on a moral high-ground and having zero convictions, like getting offended over broad issues, let smaller interpersonal problems (which need to be addressed) roll over them and become quietly resentful. can range from incredibly warm/welcoming to deadeningly cold depending on who they're talking to. can sometimes be overly reliant, dependent, adult-babies. can occasionally be too hateful, strict and judgmental.

(I already did ESTj in Agarina's thread.)

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILIs are fucking weird sociopaths
    ESIs have a stone wall around them unless you are a relative or one of the few chosen ones
    SEEs can be a bit pushy and inconsiderate
    LIEs sometimes try to rationalize and calculate things that cannot be calculated. Prefer knowledge over understanding which annoys me.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose ESIs can get on my nerves sometimes. So far not in any permanent way, I suppose I can just distrust them at times.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I feel that betas don't know how to pick and choose their battles wisely. Like Oprah an ENFp is so strategic and business like with her 'causes' and in Beta/Delta conflicts my side often falls victim to that ploy.

Like, it can be something interesting in your heart (I believe that the Beta quadra is more closely related to the heart and in the middle of everything more so than any other quadra) but not really anything that can actually go anywhere. It feels like being in a dead-end.

However, I really don't mind because other betas will be very empathetic (or at least listen to me, I think that's a better word and not so ideal)... they will just listen to my problems. Like I had this good beta social worker, there were many things about me she never understood but she always just listened to me, and I could go on and on and and on and on and ramble and go on forever, and she would just keep... listening. It was like my personal jesus and I'm thankful for her.

But still ultimately, like what I was saying even though she listened well and what I said was interesting to her, it still didn't really 'go anywhere' whereas if it was Oprah and one of her other Delta minions they'd already be planning like 150,000 realistic social events. Another beta emo artist would say how fake that is and say something like intellectually biting and emotionally honest but still, here we stay, stuck together in tar forever.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that the Beta quadra is more closely related to the heart and in the middle of everything
    They say the middle of the body is 2 fingers above the naval.

Random Off Topic Spout:
    According to some article I read Beta and Gamma are the source of power-related conflicts, and the IEI/ESI are the respective quadra's diplomats. It would be logical to say that the IEI and ESI are technically the center of the Socion. IEI, diplomat of the heart, and ESI diplomat of the hearth.

Back to Topic but Not Really
    It appears that any type can piss you off, but if socionics actually works like it should, wouldn't those from our own quadra actually tend to get better when associating inter-quadra due to inter-quadra magic?

So I'm actually interested if anybody has had such experiences. Or the inverse.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Back to Topic but Not Really
    It appears that any type can piss you off, but if socionics actually works like it should, wouldn't those from our own quadra actually tend to get better when associating inter-quadra due to inter-quadra magic?

So I'm actually interested if anybody has had such experiences. Or the inverse.
    Yes, if everything else lines up, then a group of intraquadra memebers will almost always get along great, in my experience. My best friends from childhood / adolescence were ESI-SEE-LIE and one EII for example.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yes, if everything else lines up, then a group of intraquadra memebers will almost always get along great, in my experience. My best friends from childhood / adolescence were ESI-SEE-LIE and one EII for example.
    That sounds like probability theory to me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    how do people in your own quadra piss you off?
    Aestrivex wrote some thoughts about intraquadral strife here: http://socionics.ws/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=879
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Creepy-pokeball

I have laid prettier terds than that thread.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I told you that you were IEI from the beginning... from the moment I saw your pictures & watched your video. I know my identical when I see them.
    Nah, imo Avio is confusing herself being sx/so with being Beta. Sx/so Alphas can be very status conscious in addition to being flaunters (example M.I.A Si-SEI sx/so). She was sympathizing with LSE values earlier in Arthur Conan Doyle's typing thread which makes a whole lot of sense from point of view of LSE->SEI supervision relations.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New here, so I hope this isn't ridiculous to ask:

Is the point of socionics that the 4 types in a quadra work together effectively (because of shared values) to contribute something worthwhile and unique from their quadra to society as a whole? If so, then it seems that a certain amount of intra-quadral strife might have a refining effect on the quadra's contribution.

Or are the quadra members supposed to be in harmony (becuase of shared values) and contribute something worthwhile to society because of their harmony?

Or is harmony just a potential by-product of shared values?

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    Last edited by Aivonaima; 10-18-2012 at 01:03 AM.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."