TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mistyping as your supervisee?

Is this common?

I know a woman who recently typed as IEI but I strongly believe her to be LIE. All my interactions with her point to Si PoLR and Ni creative, and her Te is pretty much always "on." She has stronger reactions to Ne than I do, which I'd believe to be Ne-demonstrative. She does the same thing the other LIEs I know well do in observing closely how I interact with others to look for and memorize Fe "cues," like relying on it naturally isn't something she cares or knows how to do. Also tells me I'm being "rude" when I get the slightest bit playful, which seems like Fi-seeking and it's something I get a lot from the LIE who visits my LSE brother regularly, lol.

I was wondering how often this sort of mistyping occurs. I imagine plenty of LIIs mistype as IEEs at some point and some EIEs probably mistype as ILIs, etc.
    Probably ILI, or IE I/EIE/EII. PM me if you have ideas about my type! Ennagram 2w3 7w8 1w9.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to my personal data, it seems like Supervision is one of the least likely type to be mistyped as, having exactly one instance of it occurring out of a pool of 107 people.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would've guessed business partners are more likely.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self-typing as supervisee is pretty common enough. Self-typing as supervisor not so much.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From what I've seen on this site: dual and activity.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    sounds surreal....imo. not that it can't happen, just very strange.
    Not when you actually pay attention to some individuals and how they went from Fe dominant to Fe Polr, or at least they say they did. Miracles happen on this forum, it's Christmas everyday.

TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an IEE who was flip-flopping between her type and wondering if she's ESI for a while. I figure it probably happens with specific people who constantly have extraordinary stress placed on their creative while feeling an increased need to prove themselves in their role function.
    Probably ILI, or IE I/EIE/EII. PM me if you have ideas about my type! Ennagram 2w3 7w8 1w9.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ningyo View Post
    I know an IEE who was flip-flopping between her type and wondering if she's ESI for a while. I figure it probably happens with specific people who constantly have extraordinary stress placed on their creative while feeling an increased need to prove themselves in their role function.
    Extraordinary stress and feeling an increased need to prove themself in an unfamiliar and stressful element .....all that stress would be a sign that maybe that's not the right typing, wouldn't it?

I mean, if a person feels relief from stress when they relax into their base and/or dual seeking elements, but feel stressed when having to spend more time in their role than they'd normally desire to, why would they think that their relaxed mode is now their most difficult to deal with? And this stressful mode is their natural relaxed mode?

It's not just thinking that
    * their base is their polr, 1->4
    * but also that their ignoring element is now their hidden agenda, 7->6
    * their demonstrative element is now their ignoring element, 8->7
    * and their dual-seeking is now their demonstrative. 5->8

I agree with felafel...it feels surreal to me to even consider all those differences.

Now, if a person is taking a shallow view of socionics types and thinking only of the ego elements, then I guess I can see someone considering such a possibility. But I think this might fall under felafel's suggestion that the person is either missing something basic about the theory, or basic about themself.
    Last edited by anndelise; 08-13-2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Edited to add "basic" at the end sentence
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most people are missing something about themselves.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ningyo View Post
    El oh el?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Most people are missing something about themselves.
    I have edited my post to stress the basic in the last sentence.
    If a person misses so severely as to reconsider a once perceived Base Element as actually being a POLR, then that is some serious lack of self-awareness or self-understanding, imo.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp