Thread: Louie

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Louie

The show on FX
    Last edited by blackburry; 08-12-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

le SLE

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Louie himself is pretty Se+Ti. I think the show is centered around that mindset. Certain episodes depict his lack of Fi skills, and his attraction to Ni IMO
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

In that other thread it's LSE>SLE so far

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After much deliberation I've come to the conclusion that he is indeed an Se-ESTp E7 sp/sx.

One more reason why intertype relationships are (mostly) bullshit.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    After much deliberation I've come to the conclusion that he is indeed an Se-ESTp E7 sp/sx.
    Would be nice to hear those thoughts.
    Fi-polr doesn't make sense to me.
    Comedian needs to shock people one way or another to make them laugh. This is just a method that works for him.
    Fi-polr offends people plenty without understanding how and why. He is very much unlikely to build successful career on saying tacky shit without really offending people.

Louie's style can be explained by him being so confident in his valuing of Fi that he can flirt with it.

Also I imagine that such attitude/interaction would allow Fi base people to lighten up. Which they often need.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn I was gonna post this dude the other day and forgot. ILI does not seem right, SLE is better, but I'm still not satisfied...

Here is a video of him in 1987

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Dww8QFSBw

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I like his logic...."Are you crazy? Do you think I'm going to rape you on the off chance that you're into that shit?" That would devalue any direct, aggressive, impulsive and Se approach to sex.

He just made a judgement people when he said "are you crazy?" Because the logical formula of Te concluded that only crazy people do that. Hence, he uses that logical formula to judge this woman.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    I like his logic...."Are you crazy? Do you think I'm going to rape you on the off chance that you're into that shit?" That would devalue any direct, aggressive, impulsive and Se approach to sex.

He just made a judgement people when he said "are you crazy?" Because the logical formula of Te concluded that only crazy people do that. Hence, he uses that logical formula to judge this woman.
    Se is not approaching sex like it's raping someone..

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Good thing then that Maritsa didn't say that it is.
    Get in to the loop. It is a quote of a joke.

It does show that he is not Se ego.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    Good thing then that Maritsa didn't say that it is.
    Get in to the loop. It is a quote of a joke.

It does show that he is not Se ego.
    Good thing I never said he was an Se ego............................................... ................................

ah and yes she did. She said "direct, aggressive, impulsive and Se approach to sex."
    I'm Se ego and I'm non of the above ^^ I think her statement was overly simplified as usual.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post

Se types are rapists. Write that down in your copy book now.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah and yes she did. She said "direct, aggressive, impulsive and Se approach to sex."
    So then it is you who is equating "direct, aggressive, impulsive approach to sex" with rape.
    And then you blame someone else for being simplistic.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think he's SLE because he's EXACTLY like an SLE ex of mine. Their worldview, the things they joke about. And he ADORES Louie CK.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I didn't say or imply that they were. His thoughts follow a logic. The law and external logic derived from right and wrong is the logic. Did I say anywhere that Se=rape? If I did, seeing that you have a very limited way of interpreting things which is pretty much just saying what you think I said, then I want you to point it out to me.

You don't know how to read in english either; commas separate thoughts, as in direct, aggressive, those are two thoughts and impulsive and aggressive together without a comma are one thought. PPl need to go to school.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How about the other characters?

Louie - LSE
    His older daughter - LSI
    Younger daughter - EIE
    Ex-wife - ESI
    Pamela - SLE
    Last edited by suedehead; 07-15-2014 at 04:07 AM.