Thread: I am an ISTj

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I am an ISTj

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LSI-ISTj
    LSIs respect and admire people who are deeply passionate about things and care enough about them to instill their attitudes in others and try to get them involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LSI-ISTj
    In some situations they can become followers of others' causes, passions, and interests rather than their own, and they may feel a certain emptiness in the absence of others who can supply them with a higher sense of purpose for their actions.
    I miss you, Gilly.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're silly, is what you are.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Right! You're LSI like Michael Jackson is white!
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-12-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My unofficial response to this, and its unofficial because I really have not read that many of your posts yet, is I get a peaceful-SLI feeling from you. And I know my SLI well, so it seems that if you differed a lot from that, I would have noticed something. Also, some angst you expressed once, I could relate to the way my SLI is about some things, and I think you posted a pic here somewhere once? I am not big into VI, and would not rely on it by any means, but being a visual person, I do see some patterns, and I saw a relation to my SLI. (Who is much older; he has some years on me, too).

Also I know one ISTJ, the addicting-love of my INFJ friend, and I don't get his vibe from you at all.

(Some people find such an approach to typing pretty lame, but it works for me...)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Parks, in the time I've known you, you've surly had difficulty expressing your feelings; they've either been abrupt, to say the least and very over the top, or very subdues to the point where they are barely perceptible, but you've always managed to create a state of homeostasis in the impressions you share about the people and things you encounter and observe, they have never been with indirect "asking" for Fe, in fact, I think you know that function's "side effects" well enough that you've stayed clear on away from it. You've encompassed Delta and it's individuals, accurately typed or not, within this state of homeostasis neither producing just pushes away from you nor towards you but in a holistic fashion, just existing with them. You don't display the "hide and run" or "stick up and express" tendencies of Se polr with regards to challenging situations so Se has become somewhat of an ignoring thing for you.

Your awkwardness with regards to Fe but your desire for Fi has been very apparent. Your desire for a stable and secure relationships with certain moral and ethical principles has far outweighed your need for Fe so much so that you've gotten yourself into such sticky situations trying to maintain a relationship in an inability to outwardly express your true thoughts and feelings without hesitation kind of way. You need an Extravert and you need one who values Fi and more than that she needs to be a someone who speaks and takes attention and the role away from your Fe.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    If this new typing prevents you from being a sobbing cunt at all turns I wholly support it.
    Look who's talking.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yourself, the soggy cunt.
    You're projecting.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol sweet jesus you're hilarious korpsy

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

u r
    I'm not five years old.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Right! You're LSI like Michael Jackson is white!
    Exactly. He became white and lived the rest of his life that way.

Fwiw, @Park I have suspected you as LSI for some time now. I know you have been one of the more adamant types about being SLI and Delta, but it felt really off to me. I wanted you to realize this on your own, in due time, since arguing with Ti-leading types can feel like banging your head against a wall sometimes... But the LSI typing I do support for you.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    My unofficial response to this, and its unofficial because I really have not read that many of your posts yet, is I get a peaceful-SLI feeling from you. ...)
    I second that.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Exactly. He became white and lived the rest of his life that way.

Fwiw, @Park I have suspected you as LSI for some time now. I know you have been one of the more adamant types about being SLI and Delta, but it felt really off to me. I wanted you to realize this on your own, in due time, since arguing with Ti-leading types can feel like banging your head against a wall sometimes... But the LSI typing I do support for you.
    He didn't become white; he said he was receiving skin treatments.
    -

Creepy-Snaps

Nope.

"Michael Jackson stated that he was diagnosed with vitiligo in 1986. In a 90-minute interview with Oprah Winfrey in February 1993, Jackson claimed that he didn't bleach his skin, stating for the first time that he had vitiligo." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skin treatments to control and even out the depigmenting condition of vitiligo, which had begun turning him white.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Skin treatments to control and even out the depigmenting condition of vitiligo, which had begun turning him white.
    Who cares? Why are ppl nitpicking at the meaning of it; I am simply saying that he's a black man, become white by natural inclinations.
    -

Creepy-Snaps

Who cares? Why are ppl nitpicking at the meaning of it; I am simply saying that he's a black man, become white by natural inclinations.
    Do you care if becomes through natural inclinations or fake means?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you care if becomes through natural inclinations or fake means?
    First it's not possible unless you can reattach someone's head, shift their brain and reattach it. If it was possible, I'd care a lot.
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I merely pointed out, as did MtD, that Jackson initially experienced a natural depigmentation which he sought to treat in a controlled fashion through medical means. So you're right in a sense, though there's more to the story than what you relayed.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I merely pointed out, as did MtD, that Jackson initially experienced a natural depigmentation which he sought to treat in a controlled fashion through medical means. So you're right in a sense, though there's more to the story than what you relayed.
    I understand, but also, it was just a joke.
    -

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but I don't understand your EIE humor.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He had vitiligo which gave him random white discolorations all over which i imagine would prompt him to try to lighten the rest of his skin to match, being that he was a superstar at the time and appearance could make or break his career.

So it's a little bit of both actually.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually you corrected someone who did say this, and instead you actually said he DIDN't become white by natural inclinations. Why did you twist things around just now?

(this is a rhetorical question btw.. dont answer that... it's meant for you to question your ways and learn and grow, and also for you to understand why people get upset with you)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a joke??

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sorry but I don't understand your EIE humor.
    How could I be EIE?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

PPl ok, I'm terrible at telling jokes.
    -

Creepy-Snaps

@Park is going to open this thread tomorrow, in hopes that we discussed his type in-depth, only to find 30 posts of garbage.

And I'm not innocent.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Park is going to open this thread tomorrow, in hopes that we discussed his type in-depth, only to find 30 posts of garbage.

And I'm not innocent.
    The implication being that garbage > parkster.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Son, why u type a 9. You're like the worst 9 I've ever seen.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Son, why u type a 9. You're like the worst 9 I've ever seen.
    He got it cheap off socionics forum.