Thread: I'm a noob and in need of help!! meep!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Ey in need of help, thanks!

Ok, So i have read that a common misconception is that MBTI is related to Socionics
    Last edited by Non; 05-15-2023 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inari Love View Post
    yeah like there are the informational fields and metabolical bodies that do not exist in mbti.they are like how you perceive the world and not just lame ass functions that do not merge nicely with the other functions.socionics is about compromise and not percentages.it's about YOU working the functions and not the functions working YOU. Hey,what can i say.a magical journey is about to begin. btw you alpha SF with a chance of delta nf.you may want to start looking towards that direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it seems more interesting than MBTI...it may just be because I'm bored with it lol.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to compare the functions, because about half of them are different than MBTI. Also, type relations are very important, and all 8 functions are utilized. Just... read wikisocion lol. Assume you're starting from scratch with socionics and box everything you know about MBTI to a different corner of your mind and leave it be, because it will just confuse you.

Also, why do you think you're an ENTJ 5?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try wikisocion.org first. Then use the index of the16types.info to look up articles about that which is interesting or perplexing to you. Then, after that, ask us on the forum.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Creepy-Snaps

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    New to here and socionics...So to get down to business I may need some help understanding socionics lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inari Love
    I'm a noob and in need of help!! meep!
    I'll say ESFj, fairly obvious Fe-leading imho, and a fellow Ni-POLR. This is my first impression, I'm open to change. Maybe you're trying to be polite 'cause you're new.

Regardless, welcome, Inari Love!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    You need to compare the functions, because about half of them are different than MBTI. Also, type relations are very important, and all 8 functions are utilized. Just... read wikisocion lol. Assume you're starting from scratch with socionics and box everything you know about MBTI to a different corner of your mind and leave it be, because it will just confuse you.

Also, why do you think you're an ENTJ 5?
    5 is the only enneagram description that even looks close. Now I have started to see more and more 6 in me...but the description still doesn't do justice...definately a head type though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    I'll say ESFj, fairly obvious Fe-leading imho, and a fellow Ni-POLR. This is my first impression, I'm open to change. Maybe you're trying to be polite 'cause you're new.

Regardless, welcome

I know that in MBTI world I am an ENTJ, which I don't like going into something until i'm completely comfortable so that I don't make mistakes.
    Last edited by Non; 05-15-2023 at 07:53 PM.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get out while you still can.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MBTI is evil!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    MBTI is evil!
    The day will come where the forces of god's chosen people will fight the MBTI infidels on the battlefield. There will be much loss, but we the Socionists will prevail, because we fight for righteousness and we also have a better understanding of personality theory in terms of social rather than primarily individual cognition.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 is the only enneagram description that even looks close. Now I have started to see more and more 6 in me...but the description still doesn't do justice...definately a head type though...
    I think you should probably do more enneagram research before you type yourself a 5. It's not really descriptions that the system types by, but by core motivations and fears. For instance, 5s are usually described as the only type of the enneagram that likes to collect knowledge, which is totally wrong. Any type can like to accumulate knowledge for different reasons. And these so-called "head" types, are also anxiety types. Their main defense mechanisms and a reaction to anxiety that they fear, and they all fear a different sort of anxiety in regards to different things. Whereas 2-3-4 are self-image, and worry about how they appear, and 8-9-1 are anger types, and everything derives from anger. I just have trouble seeing an MBTI extravert as a 5, which is a very, very withdrawn type. Especially an sp 5.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ok, So i have read that a common misconception is that MBTI(which i understand to a good extent) is related to Socionics( which i know nothing about)...which apparently they aren't the same...so I need some help figuring out quite a bit about socionics...Why are the letters at the end lowercase...and what does it mean to introvert the j/p
    The differences are mostly due to MBTI using a dichotomy they call Perceiving-Judging while socionics uses Jung's dichotomy of Rational-Irrational. This is why the j/p letters are written lower case to denote that this assignment isn't the same as MBTI's J/P.

I haven't noticed much difference in functions to be honest, I've transferred with exactly the same ones, but it is still recommended that you read about socionics information elements and functions, and give a cursory look to type profiles, even if you are sure of your type in MBTI.

I have looked at a few websites but for some reason..it's hard to teach myself socionics...
    It just takes some time don't worry - after a few months it will start to sink in. It is more challenging to grasp than MBTI, which is what makes it all the more intriguing.

i mostly understand that there are blocks: 4 i believe ego, super ego, etc... but where are the desriptions of the functions if they are not the same as the ones from MBTI?
    For descriptions of information elements check these links: IE primer, IEs on wiki. For descriptions of functions check the article that glam recently posted up at CMS on Model A and also this. Crudely speaking, each type is 'constructed' of fitting of information elements (Fe, Se, Ni, etc.) into functions of Model A (leading, creative, mobilizing, etc.)

I know a couple of my other types: ENTJ, 5w6, sp/so.....can someone please help me figure out my type for socionics? a socionics website for dummies maybe? or a good test?
    There are some tests and other resources listed at the bottom of this intro page.

If you want to know your type I'd recommend first taking some tests, reading over the descriptions of IEs and functions, then making a separate thread about yourself and which types seem fitting. If you're not shy, a video of a friend interviewing you would be of great help for finding your type.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that in MBTI world I am an ENTJ...which I don't like going into something until i'm completely comfortable...so that I don't make mistakes. I also know that i'm extremely stressed too...something interesting I read in a book by Lenore Thomson - Personality Type, An Owner's Manual - is that when we are stressed we use our shadow functions...and in the layers of personalities or "lazagna" that she describes the first thing I go to as an ENTJ is Fe...which I completely agree with...unfortunately
    Lenore Thomson is good. I wouldn't rely entirely on Socionics material because MBTI does some things better. Read Jung's Psychological Types if you haven't already (specifically Chapter 10, which you can easily find through google).

My initial feeling is that you are not an ENTj/LIE in Socionics, but you should read up more on the material in any case. Welcome to the forum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same thing goes for the one on 6...i agree with everything it says....actually I agree more with the 6 than the 5 ha ha
    Last edited by Non; 08-11-2012 at 01:04 AM.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said, don't rely on the descriptions. Half of that has absolutely nothing to do with the core motivations of type 5. A lot of that fits me, too, and 5 and 7 are very different

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Like I said, don't rely on the descriptions. Half of that has absolutely nothing to do with the core motivations of type 5. A lot of that fits me, too, and 5 and 7 are very different
    where do I find these motivations you speak of?
    Last edited by Non; 05-15-2023 at 07:49 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Holy shit that site lol. I am obviously not a visual learner. But even that doesn't explain the why. it says 5s want "intellectual mastery", but WHY do they want that?

Anyway, when I was reading a few books a while back, I was taking notes on some of the types and things, and I got through 4 and 5 before I got bored (trololol ILE 7 strikes again). But those (along with 2) are probably the most misunderstood types when it comes to internet descriptions, so I didn't do too bad. Here's what I have saved on type 5s. Basically, they worry about the future and everything outside of themselves, so the desire to accumulate knowledge is so that they'll always be prepared. 5s are suspicious and paranoid, and deal with their anxiety by hoarding things that they think will keep them safe (their emotions, because if they let them show, then that shows a weakness, things they gather intellectually so they'll be prepared, though they also don't like to share what they know because that is another weakness, etc)