TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Regarding degree of effect of genotype on the brain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...g9_hrU#t=1888s

In essence: when the brain forms there is a good degree of randomness.
    I recommend watching the whole course.

Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Also, even just appearance

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19169022

I think that identical twins can have different types, so sociotype is not genetic.

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ... I think there might be genetic predisposition in terms of likeliness to become one type or another but the more I learn stuff like that in the lectures of Sapolsky the more I am inclined to think that the biggest part is played by the environment in the early developmental stages and possibly some random factors independent on the environment like the one Sapolsky mentioned.

Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravolez View Post
    Well ... I think there might be genetic predisposition in terms of likeliness to become one type or another but the more I learn stuff like that in the lectures of Sapolsky the more I am inclined to think that the biggest part is played by the environment in the early developmental stages and possibly some random factors independent on the environment like the one Sapolsky mentioned.
    Yes, of course there will be some predisposition, it would be interesting to see enough identical twins and their differences across a large variation of circumstances/randomness.

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I am looking forward to the day when there will be more data from socionics related research.

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...7lUOrY#t=2201s

That's somewhat related. Twins separated on birth show 50% heritability on IQ, 50% heritability on the introversion - extroversion scale and 50% heritability for degree of aggression.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That study probably relies on Eysenck's introversion/extroversion, which are different from what Jung described.

Based on personal experience with identical twins (I've known several pairs), I'm more inclined to suspect a problem in the methodology than to believe that type is not inborn. Genetic? I don't know... is the material of eggs/sperm identical for all eggs/sperm for a given person, or is there variation?

I think if you try, you'll find that your experience with twins corroborates with my hypothesis.

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Epigenetics. Look it up.
    Thanks for reading my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Thanks for reading my mind.
    No problem, provided you don't mind me accessing a little financial data while I'm in there.

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    No problem, provided you don't mind me accessing a little financial data while I'm in there.
    Of all the things to be optimistic about k0rpsy, why would you be optimistic about an IEI's personal finances?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    That study probably relies on Eysenck's introversion/extroversion, which are different from what Jung described.

Based on personal experience with identical twins (I've known several pairs), I'm more inclined to suspect a problem in the methodology than to believe that type is not inborn. Genetic? I don't know... is the material of eggs/sperm identical for all eggs/sperm for a given person, or is there variation?

I think if you try, you'll find that your experience with twins corroborates with my hypothesis.
    Environment plays very big role in what genes will activate and when they will activate and as people before me said it is called epigenetics and is one of the reasons why with the same genotype you might have different phenotype. Also if you had paid attention to what I wrote you would have noticed that some genes get scrambled a little bit in the cells which form the brain which probably also contributes to differences in the nervous system.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bullshit about environment playing a major role. I just read the Wikipedia epigenetics article and it at no point suggested that interpersonal factors causes changes to cell nuclei.

Bottom line: monozygotic twins will always share the same traits.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I think that identical twins can have different types, so sociotype is not genetic.
    As it is thought, so it is done.

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epigenetics is not about changes to the genes. It is about permanent changes to the accessibility of the genes. Watch Robert Sapolsky's Molecular Genetics 1 and 2 lectures. And then Behavioural Genetics 1 and 2 and you will understand what we're talking about. Just to tease you a bit more I'll point out that there are inheritable behavioural traits which are NOT genetic but are entirely influenced by the condition of the mother during pregnancy, which means that behaviour is affected by very early environmental factors.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tcaud's worldview is predicated upon socionics' cognitive atomism as derived from analyzing the motivations of fictional characters in video games. In other words, arguing with him is ridiculous, because fuck that barmy motherfucker.