Hybrid View

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default type distribution?

I think most societies, especially lower tech societies, need lots of sensors. Meyers/Briggs is pretty much set up with the assumption that sensors are commonplace (muggles) and that the intuitives are an elite. I do not know if Socionics has this presumption, nor if it has any data about type distribution.

To put aside Meyers Briggs anti-sensor bias, what if a whole quartas are more common in the population? Like one outnumbering the other 3 quarta? Also, what if some quartas are not balanced – like having too many of one type – should not that weaken the quarta by leaving the over represented type without enough duals / activators / mirrors for maximum health?

How would the world be if the 16 socionic types had exactly even statistical distribution? As in each one of us existed as 6.25% of the population?

I think it would make finding relationships easier. I think morale would be higher. But it would certainly change the distribution of skill sets. Today, power (should be) found in the rarer socionic types. The rare ones present a chokehold in the “distribution” of information – and so they can leverage that into something that they desire – pay, fame, glory, popularity or what not.

What do ya think?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rare ones present a chokehold in the “distribution” of information – and so they can leverage that into something that they desire – pay, fame, glory, popularity or what not.
    That's a very interesting concept but we must bear in mind that even socionically, it's only true if society valued it. For instance, China is largely dominated by Se and Te. Those who are strong in Ni will be able to gain a huge following (stereotypical examples would be Chinese martial arts and meditation schools). Likewise, those who are strong in Fi will also benefit greatly (examples will be the well-connected tycoons who have friends in high places).

Those possessing strength in say Ne, or Fe, may not immediately be sidelined, but are definitely disadvantaged in such a society. Not respecting social norms, breaking highly cherished customs, being unable to sustain large volumes of output overtime, scorning hierarchy and authority, all these tendencies will get you in hot soup. I know many Singaporeans who have gotten completely ripped off in China because they do not know how to recognize certain customs and conventions, as well as business practices that put relationship above law. Here we're ruled by Ti-authoritarianism, in China, those with the strongest networks will never be touched by law.

So in relation to your question, I think that statistical distribution of types must also go in hand with situational distribution of types. And if you're the rare type that happens to be in-demand the particular season, or within the social framework, then let the leveraging (theoretically) begin.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuitives are quite common. It's just the scale they score on MBTI makes the intuitive dichotomy defined as rare (we all know how limited that typology is.) You just adjust the scale to type individuals realistically between intuitive and sensor and get rid of some false stereotype on intuitives, read jung, put the pieces together by looking for the source of thought itself, the intention of the person, and not the miniscule details and correlations, etc.

Most people I type are naturally equal in total type distribution. Equal quadras.

a good example would be my total extended family, a group of individuals I'm forced to know who have been randomly assigned a type.
    Last edited by 717495; 08-08-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Society self-regulates. Go tomorrow and exterminate all sensors. The day after tomorrow you'll have bunch of new sensors.

A type is not only what you're born as. The environment plays it's role as well.

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type is a pretty complex thing, so I don't think it is purely genetic. I think the environment in the early days (or years ... I don't know) of growth affects people's type in the same way as not enough energy during pregnancy affects the metabolism of the person in the womb and makes him susceptible to store more fat.
    If this is so then the distribution would really be different throughout different cultures that lead a different way of life and have different traditional values. However for the normal functioning of society I think it is good to have representatives of all types. Also even if a certain culture puts more pressure on some types than others that might cause them to create or find a new niche, which might benefit not only them but the whole society.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess one question to be asked is what exactly causes type, because if it's all genetics then we'd have to look at the past and see if, over the course of our evolution, there are types which can survive a lot more easily than others- but I think at a certain point you're coming to "humans" who have slightly under-developed thinking skills and personalities, or you're dealing with a time line which is too short for evolution to count. That, or, maybe certain types are significantly more likely to marry and settle down, which would probably affect things more currently, but didn't most people marry back in the day? If it's based on the society around us, it is possible that certain types will be more numerous according to the society in which one lives. Maybe countries which appreciate certain functions breed children who espouse these functions. Or maybe, like Howe's Generational Theory style, the children begin to pick up the slack.

But I think it's probably going to be difficult to actually find good numbers, because I'm worried about having adequate spread. I mean, potentially certain types are more likely to be bothered participating in any type of self-typing thing. I mean, online forum polls would probably suggest a greater majority of INTj's and etc.

I wish there were equal spreads of each type, that would make everything theoretically a lot more swell. Though I don't think it would give anyone a "chokehold" on distribution of information. One's success is probably more based on what functions a society values, as well as un-type-related things like intelligence, upbringing, motivation, or something like that. Potentially such types could have an advantage romantically, because their dual will suddenly realise, "You're the kind of person I've be waiting for all my life but only just found!" and would treat them like a god. But inversely it could be a disadvantage to them if there are too many from their conflicting quadra, who regard you as "different" (in the bad way) and - because they haven't had to deal types like you - think of you as a nuisance and irregular.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    I guess one question to be asked is what exactly causes type, because if it's all genetics then we'd have to look at the past and see if, over the course of our evolution, there are types which can survive a lot more easily than others- but I think at a certain point you're coming to "humans" who have slightly under-developed thinking skills and personalities, or you're dealing with a time line which is too short for evolution to count. That, or, maybe certain types are significantly more likely to marry and settle down, which would probably affect things more currently, but didn't most people marry back in the day? If it's based on the society around us, it is possible that certain types will be more numerous according to the society in which one lives. Maybe countries which appreciate certain functions breed children who espouse these functions. Or maybe, like Howe's Generational Theory style, the children begin to pick up the slack.

But I think it's probably going to be difficult to actually find good numbers, because I'm worried about having adequate spread. I mean, potentially certain types are more likely to be bothered participating in any type of self-typing thing. I mean, online forum polls would probably suggest a greater majority of INTj's and etc.

I wish there were equal spreads of each type, that would make everything theoretically a lot more swell. Though I don't think it would give anyone a "chokehold" on distribution of information. One's success is probably more based on what functions a society values, as well as un-type-related things like intelligence, upbringing, motivation, or something like that. Potentially such types could have an advantage romantically, because their dual will suddenly realise, "You're the kind of person I've be waiting for all my life but only just found!" and would treat them like a god. But inversely it could be a disadvantage to them if there are too many from their conflicting quadra, who regard you as "different" (in the bad way) and - because they haven't had to deal types like you - think of you as a nuisance and irregular.
    http://neuroskeptic.blogspot.com/201...out-genes.html
    Easy Day