Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tucker Max

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tucker Max

reading his books. they're funny but disturbing.

What's his type?
    SLE or LIE. leaning towards SLE. unhealthy type.

interiew:

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has to be Fi PoLR, SLE or ILE.

He's unhealthy because he likes to sleep around?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Has to be Fi PoLR, SLE or ILE.

He's unhealthy because he likes to sleep around?
    No he's unhealthy because he says he is.
    Idk ive known a guy LIE who reminds me of him. But i guess SLE works. To me it seemed like he always knew what he was doing but just thought fuck it regardless, rather than being oblivious to being a huge asshole. Idk he's kind of cool to me...
    Last edited by blackburry; 08-05-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why are you so gamma, blackuburry?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ye, people usually notice their duals fast, I mean, I don't - it takes a bit of interaction here and there. Do not know who that guy is, nor what he is talking about. Must be the beer or something. Anyhow, put him in that marry, fuck, kill thread.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    ^ i just notice entjs.
    I don't notice majority of people actually, but cool

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he looks LIE. But his personality is a mixture of both...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Definitely NT. Gamma/Alpha and don't do that Maritsa.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool, I'm no Max Tucker though, I have a few threads lying around. You're welcome

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah reading his blog posts id say LIE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh no, can't be.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah this guys really hard too type.

You mean Ross?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-Ti 7w8 sp/so IMO

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta Extrovert. Fi Polr makes alot of sense.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His quotes seem LIE tho. Maybe his narcissm makes him impoosible to type.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd go with Ti-SLE sx/so

he's very much a negativist type (LIEs are positivists) - he is constantly paying attention to what's wrong, what's lacking or missing, 'debugging', trying to resolve some problems, he also has that beta attitude of minimization of weakness (link)

"To answer the question: I like it anytime anyone writes anything about me. The only thing I ask is that if they are stating facts, they be accurate. I am definitely from the PT Barnum School of PR: I don't care what you say about me, just say something." <- this makes him sound like Fi-PoLR/Fe-HA, and reminds me of Aquagraph a bit, ime LIEs get irked if someone misrepresents them

by instincts unproblematic sx/so judging from these quotes:

"So I go in and of course I get my ass handed to me. I went back the next day because I was pissed off, and I fell in love with it because it's so difficult and cognitively taxing. But at the same time it's the most intense, ridiculous workout ever. It hits you in a primal spot that nothing but sex and eating do. Those are the three things humans were designed to do: Fight, eat, and f***." “At 27, I would have run through a wall to smell pussy,” etc.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    No he's unhealthy because he says he is.
    ...really?

Idk ive known a guy LIE who reminds me of him. But i guess SLE works. To me it seemed like he always knew what he was doing but just thought fuck it regardless, rather than being oblivious to being a huge asshole. Idk he's kind of cool to me...
    In my experience Te types are the ones more likely to be obliviously jerkish, trample others' feelings inadvertently, etc. I think Fi PoLRs tend to accidentally steamroll people's weak spots by making rape jokes in public or some such, but Te types are IME more likely to actually do things that are rude or dehumanizing without noticing; Fi PoLRs do these things more deliberately, and don't so much care if others are offended, or kind of wall off against it, more casually blithe about their jadedness or inhumanity, while Te types are usually really responsive to being corrected on such things because they "just didn't know;" sometimes they get kind of stopped in their tracks by guilt for this kind of stuff. Te types are less consistently aware of social mores; Fi PoLRs ignore them quasi-deliberately. That's my perspective anyways.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I'd go with Ti-SLE sx/so

he's very much a negativist type (LIEs are positivists) - he is constantly paying attention to what's wrong, what's lacking or missing, 'debugging', trying to resolve some problems, he also has that beta attitude of minimization of weakness (link)
    sx/so? Seriously? sx primaries are usually the least likely to sleep around without attachment.

"To answer the question: I like it anytime anyone writes anything about me. The only thing I ask is that if they are stating facts, they be accurate. I am definitely from the PT Barnum School of PR: I don't care what you say about me, just say something." <- this makes him sound like Fi-PoLR/Fe-HA, and reminds me of Aquagraph a bit, ime LIEs get irked if someone misrepresents them
    Yeah Fe HA fo sho

by instincts unproblematic sx/so judging from these quotes:

"So I go in and of course I get my ass handed to me. I went back the next day because I was pissed off, and I fell in love with it because it's so difficult and cognitively taxing. But at the same time it's the most intense, ridiculous workout ever. It hits you in a primal spot that nothing but sex and eating do. Those are the three things humans were designed to do: Fight, eat, and f***." “At 27, I would have run through a wall to smell pussy,” etc.
    Sounds more like Se valuing than sx primary. The sexual instinct is about things that are a little less rawly physical and more kind of emotional or engaging.

lmao at that last one though. Fucking hilarious. Reminds me a lot of discojoe, actually, especially in the way he writes.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

sx/so? Seriously? sx primaries are usually the least likely to sleep around without attachment.

Sounds more like Se valuing than sx primary. The sexual instinct is about things that are a little less rawly physical and more kind of emotional or engaging.
    it's not about him sleeping around but about this focus that he shows that is characteristic of sx-firsts ... he expresses himself crudely but the thematic inference behind all his sensate stories is that he will go after what he wants despite there being any threats to his health and well-being, it just sounds like he is in the habit of ignoring self-preservation issues

lmao at that last one though. Fucking hilarious. Reminds me a lot of discojoe, actually, especially in the way he writes.
    that's another thing that made me go with sx-first, this counterphobic attitude that was also characteristic of dj (didn't he type as sx-primary?)

like this intro to his website lol: "I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead. But, I do contribute to humanity in one very important way. I share my adventures with the world ..."

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...really?

In my experience Te types are the ones more likely to be obliviously jerkish, trample others' feelings inadvertently, etc. I think Fi PoLRs tend to accidentally steamroll people's weak spots by making rape jokes in public or some such, but Te types are IME more likely to actually do things that are rude or dehumanizing without noticing; Fi PoLRs do these things more deliberately, and don't so much care if others are offended, or kind of wall off against it, more casually blithe about their jadedness or inhumanity, while Te types are usually really responsive to being corrected on such things because they "just didn't know;" sometimes they get kind of stopped in their tracks by guilt for this kind of stuff. Te types are less consistently aware of social mores; Fi PoLRs ignore them quasi-deliberately. That's my perspective anyways.
    Yes really all of his newer stuff is how unhealthy he was and is in therapy to change his mindset. An type can be a dick intentionally doesnt mean their automatically Fi polr. I honestly dunno he fits both types. The quotes sintual posted are sterotypical guy stuff.. Nothing i think is typable, what guy doesnt think life revolves food and sex? Almost sounds e8 to me

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yes really all of his newer stuff is how unhealthy he was and is in therapy to change his mindset. An type can be a dick intentionally doesnt mean their automatically Fi polr. I honestly dunno he fits both types. The quotes sintual posted are sterotypical guy stuff.. Nothing i think is typable, what guy doesnt think life revolves food and sex? Almost sounds e8 to me
    those quotes weren't on his approach to food or sex or periodically being an asshole, because things like that extend to like every human being walking on this planet, not even just guys, but how he's willing to compromise himself to get ahead - that is a common problem for SLEs with their Ti-creative/Fi-PoLRs (and ILEs to some extent), it was even mentioned in those duality descriptions I've recently posted
    Last edited by silke; 08-06-2012 at 12:28 AM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    it's not about him sleeping around but about this focus that he shows that is characteristic of sx-firsts ... he expresses himself crudely but the thematic inference behind all his sensate stories is that he will go after what he wants despite there being any threats to his health and well-being, it just sounds like he is in the habit of ignoring self-preservation issues
    Could be.

that's another thing that made me go with sx-first, this counterphobic attitude that was also characteristic of dj (didn't he type as sx-primary?)
    Counterphobic? What do you mean...he strikes me as a VERY typical 7.

like this intro to his website lol: "I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead. But, I do contribute to humanity in one very important way. I share my adventures with the world ..."
    Hmm. Maybe you are on to something...that last part resonates with me, contributing to humanity by sharing his adventures; this is basically the path I am following in life, though its more about the experiences themselves; sharing them is more of a biproduct of the continuous experience, just part of the show.

He actually strikes me as a pretty balanced, self-aware person overall, contrary to what blackburry said, despite being...uhh...shallow as fuck.

I dunno. I find it hard to believe that an sx-primary would make a living partially all for and partially completely against the important elements of being sx-primary.

I could easily see so/sx, with sx second and sp last, but...really not sx first.

Sx second actually makes a lot of sense: "using" the sx to feed his so: contributing his extremeness to society, using sexual escapades to elevate himself to the level of a subculture icon, embracing the superficial aspects of the sexual instinct while ignoring some very key ones. I feel like so/sx fits really well, actually.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't, lol...

I can't possibly see him as E8...he's far too casual. E7 all the way, probably 7w8. He seems obviously Head triad, all of his writing is like methodologies of how to sleep with girls and all this overanalysis of stuff that is actually instinctual. Definitely out of 8 territory IMO.

I think you just want to fuck him.
    Last edited by Gilly; 08-06-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

after reading a few stories from his website I’m changing my typing of him to Ni-LIE due to prolific use of dynamic constructions, those interviews just made him sound more negativist but from his own writing that doesn't show… also, what a hollow, immature prick, how can anybody stand reading this shit, I feel like taking a shower now, bleh…

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w8, I've read most of his material, I find his stories hilarious,

*edited cuz I'm not certain of his type enough nor how I feel about him as a person.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to type him SLE until about a month ago when I started a VI project. He doesn't look at all similar to any of the SLEs, Se or Ti subtype. I haven't started my LIE VI, but I do have a list of men that are LIE, and he fits in very well with the other Ni-LIEs (Ashton, sacha baron cohen, Chris daughtry, Richard Wilson). It never occurred to me how heavy the Ni was in his books & blog; he's constantly advising the readers not to do what he did, and feels that those who consider him a role model are missing the whole point. If you read the comments on some of his interviews on YouTube, you can see that a lot of men think he is just a nerdy, wannabe alpha male, and that seems true. He doesn't have the powerful presence of an Se base, he tries to emulate it but comes off as weak (totally Se HA). Compare him to SLEs Danny mcbride, Russell Crowe, or tony soprano & you can see what I mean.

Also, for the record, Discojoe is sp/sx, definitely not sx first.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russel Crowe and Tony Soprano are both Te dominants IMO... :/

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I used to type him SLE until about a month ago when I started a VI project. He doesn't look at all similar to any of the SLEs, Se or Ti subtype. I haven't started my LIE VI, but I do have a list of men that are LIE, and he fits in very well with the other Ni-LIEs (Ashton, sacha baron cohen, Chris daughtry, Richard Wilson). It never occurred to me how heavy the Ni was in his books & blog; he's constantly advising the readers not to do what he did, and feels that those who consider him a role model are missing the whole point. If you read the comments on some of his interviews on YouTube, you can see that a lot of men think he is just a nerdy, wannabe alpha male, and that seems true. He doesn't have the powerful presence of an Se base, he tries to emulate it but comes off as weak (totally Se HA). Compare him to SLEs Danny mcbride, Russell Crowe, or tony soprano & you can see what I mean.

Also, for the record, Discojoe is sp/sx, definitely not sx first.
    Awesome post and yes those are the same reasons I find him LIE; he's very reflective in all of his writing. I think most who typed him SalE didn't actually read his books all the way through. All the LIEs I know all come off somewhat SLE when they're in public;esp when alcohol is involved.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russel Crowe and Tony Soprano are both Te dominants IMO... :/
    Lol. Peter says you should stop typing people.

For the record, here are some of my Se-SLE typings: (hope this works lul)
    E25FBDF9-5E7B-4F3E-BA39-D24F170B6D54-562-0000004F14338DD3.jpg
    Ideally I'd prefer this to be done on a computer so that I would be able to fit more than 9 faces, but this will do. The important thing is really just to see how they all look alike.

Top row: Philip quast (I know no one here will know him but he played javert in 10th anniversary of les miserables), Russell Crowe (will be playing javert in the movie for les mis coming out later this year and looks SO similar to Philip quast), Gerard butler
    Middle row: William shatner, Danny mcbride, Chris hemsworth
    Bottom row: James gandolfini, David denman, mark salling

Awesome post and yes those are the same reasons I find him LIE; he's very reflective in all of his writing. I think most who typed him SalE didn't actually read his books all the way through. All the LIEs I know all come off somewhat SLE when they're in public;esp when alcohol is involved.
    Thanks lol and yeah, it seems some people can superficially appear to be the type of either their benefactor or beneficiary.. IME some common confusing ones are SEI & EII, LIE & SLE, EIE & SEE, and ESE & IEE. I don't think I really even know any LIEs IRL but I can see how they would act that way.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Jenna I don't know most of those people but I type Shatner ESE-Si and Crowe LSE of some kind, probably Si sub.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you see the similarities in their faces?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. It doesn't make them the same type at all. Shatner has a heavier presence and is more theatrical and gregarious; Crowe is more dry, predictable, "correct."

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. It doesn't make them the same type at all.
    Except it does. That's what VI is.

Shatner has a heavier presence and is more theatrical and gregarious; Crowe is more dry, predictable, "correct."
    As for shatner:
    It's interesting, you seem to consistently confuse benefactors and beneficiaries. Beneficiaries moreso but benefactor for yourself.
    Shatner does seem like that now, but not when he was younger. IMO he is integrating from 8 to 2 now, but as captain Kirk you can definitely see he's an 8.

Crowe:
    How do you get that from his personality? He's known for being the stereotypical "bad boy". He has a fiery and unpredictable temper, often walking out of interviews, starting fights in public, etc.

And here's an Se-SLE that I work with that looks like Russell Crowe, even his friends jokingly call him Russell

188742_1680058553975_762079_n.jpg

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I started following Russell crowe on twitter hoping for drama and angry rants but all he ever does is tweet run downs of his work out regimen. "swam ten laps" etc. pretty boring

and thats all I have to say about Russell crowe.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has calmed down the past few years because of his wife & children

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russell Crowe is totes an Fi type. This is not how Fe types smile.

I'm too lazy to pull up pictures of ESTps vs. other types smiling but really, no.

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russell Crowe is so LIE. He even looks terribly similar to an ex LIE friend/boyfriend, except he has blue eyes. I could say more, but I'll stop here.

Oh, and I found it quite funny that he was chosen to play a mousy LII's role in "A Beautiful Mind".. he did a good job, though.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Russell Crowe is totes an Fi type. This is not how Fe types smile.

I'm too lazy to pull up pictures of ESTps vs. other types smiling but really, no.
    Lazy, sure, but by being lazy you have no credibility. Not that you would otherwise, because you are always wrong.

@neverthesame explain how he is LIE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Except it does. That's what VI is.
    Harhar. Sounds like something Peter would say.

As for shatner:
    It's interesting, you seem to consistently confuse benefactors and beneficiaries. Beneficiaries moreso but benefactor for yourself.
    Shatner does seem like that now, but not when he was younger. IMO he is integrating from 8 to 2 now, but as captain Kirk you can definitely see he's an 8.

Crowe:
    How do you get that from his personality? He's known for being the stereotypical "bad boy". He has a fiery and unpredictable temper, often walking out of interviews, starting fights in public, etc.

And here's an Se-SLE that I work with that looks like Russell Crowe, even his friends jokingly call him Russell

188742_1680058553975_762079_n.jpg
    That guy does look SLE to me. I see Fe values in his eyes though, which I don't get from Crowe. And yes I know he is all bad boy or whatever, but that hardly makes him an SLE. He just strikes me as more emotionally rigid than SLEs usually do.
    Last edited by Gilly; 08-16-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast