Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What does Model A measure?

Certainly Model A means something. The arrangement of the functions means something. We see the outward effects of this meaning, but are unconscious of what it actually is.

Until now.

The tie binding the IM and EM systems is correlation. The EM system obtains a datum which is then correlated with another datum conjectured by the IM system. The correlations between these datums is an instance of information.

In debates, the centerpiece argument is usually one of "what does this data mean?" Debates between professionals are often equally characterized by responsibility and self-interest: the intention is to show that the one's position is not only correct, but is so due to personal relevance to the matter in question. Thus the person who offers the "correct" or "most relevant" opinions is the one who is indispensable to the success of the project, suggesting that the fortunes of the debater and the project are intertwined.

Conflictors and supervisor-supervisees are the most likely to denigrate each others' intellectual contributions, thus it makes sense that the importance of the ego block would be upheld with respect to any particular datum, and the importance of the superego block denigrated. So to say, alpha NTs will uphold the theoretical relationships between a set of datums/events, but mostly ignore their immediate, "here and now" implications. Similarly, thinkers will concentrate on the external significance of a datum/event, while feelers will concentrate on the subjective significance. This is the meaning of the IM type in relation to the EM type: the measure of a person's initial confidence in a suggested correlation and their initial impression of its relevance.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 08-04-2012 at 03:30 AM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are onto something. At least, you are approaching it with the right question in mind.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I guess, when someone says Se they mean someone who isn't concerned with removing their sensory input, when involved with a task, such as looking at a light show. In comparison to myself, an introvert, I can be at the light show but removed from watching the lights or the show. I can be submersed in my mind.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    What does Model A measure?
    The weight of a hole.