TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jack Sparrow and Pirates of the Caribbean

ENFj?

The whole reason he was in that mess in the first place was because he wanted to be a Captain... so much so that he more or less sold his soul.

He shows impressive use of Fe in how he communicates and manipulates people.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's too flippant and exaggerated for me to type, though the "feel" I get from him is INTp.

Creepy-bg

Is the new movie worth the time it would take to dl?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I thought it was excellent. Pretty much everything I wanted out of a sequel to the original. A good idea would be to see the first one first/again before watching the new movie.

NOW BACK ON TOPIC.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I thought it was excellent. Pretty much everything I wanted out of a sequel to the original. A good idea would be to see the first one first/again before watching the new movie.

NOW BACK ON TOPIC.
    cool thanks (sorry for the hijack)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFP. Can't really see him as INTP. He's crazy crazy crazy.

If you don't remember the first one, should def watch it again. Good second movie, not great, I feel like it's more of a transaction between the first and the third. *zips mouth* But go see it if you liked the first one def.
    INFP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't need to zip your mouth... there's a spoiler warning

anyways, I agree. and I don't like the romance part of the movie.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Romance part? There's like no romance. It's mostly a lot of chasing and ugly things with fungus and wet organisms growing everywhere! ARG!
    INFP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't mean it like that... I just meant what the characters did towards the end
    SEE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Jack Sparrow's type is whatever Keith Richard's type is.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have only seen the first movie, but I would say ENFp seems right to me. The things he does make no sense at all - he just wanders through a string of incidents...Although I would say INTp people can be pretty crazy sometimes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We saw the movie, so I can read and post in this thread now. Cool movie!

Erkki thinks that he insisted that everyone calls him a captain BECAUSE he had sold his soul to get that title.
    Most probably an irrational type.
    I agree with Erkki that he's not in touch with his inner feeling so probably not an Fi-type. Erkki also thinks that he has Fe-hidden agenda, but I'm not sure if I agree. But he tends to be right when he makes intuitive decisions.

He's very quick to react in all situations. Act first, think later...

ENTp could be the type.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He isn't irrational just because he's quick on his feet. I don't recall him doing anything all that impulsive.

Erkki thinks that he insisted that everyone calls him a captain BECAUSE he had sold his soul to get that title.
    but WHY did he sell his soul for a title anyways? that's not very ENTp-like. It's very ENFj-like, however. Also, why do you think he has a Fe hidden agenda? I'm not seeing that at all... I do, however, see him using Fe to manipulate others.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    but WHY did he sell his soul for a title anyways? that's not very ENTp-like. It's very ENFj-like, however.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the most basic ways I believe that Capt. Jack is ENTP.
    Why, you ask?
    He's witty, attention-seeking, charming, dastardly, able to see the humor and irony in all situations, mentally quick, able to get himself out of problem situations, and cocky. ENTP ENTP ENTP.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Jack Sparrow's type is whatever Keith Richard's type is.

Johnny Depp said that thats how he got his inspiration for the character, from Keith Richards, lol.

Uhm....well....Jack is sorta....supposed to be drunk through the whole movie, isn't he? I have no CLUE how to type him.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Captain Jack Sparrow

Enfp?
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default not sure

It's hard for me to see Captain Jack as valuing. But he's just so bizarre that I have no idea what he is. I think it's safe to say "irrational" in every sense of the word. I kinda want to say XLE (and it's fine if it just stays on the border because it's hard for me to see him as either ILE or SLE). He is however, I think, very into fast thinking and logical deduction in a way that seems centric and EP. I also see relationships as a "painful" area for him that he seems to want to go around, while enduring the slaps to the face and outcries of moral indignation from others that come with it. In fact, he doesn't seem to even try to clear up others' conception of his character... but seems quietly appreciative and a little bashful when someone says he's a "good man," because they're not misunderstanding him or assuming that some of his bizarre behavior means that he doesn't care.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Johnny Depp is ISFj. I'll go with ENFp for Jack though, I guess.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please don't hijack the thread. I was inquiring about the character jack sparrow.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using snippets of information dealing with his character and personality from Wikipedia. I recommend reading the Characterization section near the bottom, but overall, I think that you are looking at Fe > Fi valuing:

Sparrow is the Pirate Lord of the Caribbean and can be treacherous, surviving mostly by using wit and negotiation rather than weapons and force; although he will fight if necessary, he tries to flee most dangerous situations.
    Weak Se as he tries to avoid and minimize cases where Se would be required.

Sparrow is also perplexed over his attraction to Elizabeth Swann, and attempts to justify it throughout the film.
    This may also point to weak Fi. Although he does have an awareness of some attraction to Swann, it is clearly something that makes him uncomfortable dealing with.

Sparrow struggles with what it takes to be a moral person,after his honest streak caused his doom in the second film.
    "Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly stupid." — The unpredictable Sparrow betrays Barboss
    My own guess would also be a devaluing of Fi and he only acted according to Fi-honesty after a PoLR hit.

When agreeing to trade 100 souls, including Will, to Davy Jones in exchange for his freedom, Jones asks Sparrow whether he can, "condemn an innocent man—a friend—to a lifetime of servitude in your name while you roam free?" After a hesitation Sparrow merrily replies, "Yep! I'm good with it!"
    I think that this is particularly telling of weak and perhaps unvalued Fi.

Also, his own desire to have been heard and be known as Captain, also does seem to point to some measure of Fe-seeking.

"Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

am I the only one who thought those Pirates of the Carribean movies are pretty much unwatchable? I mean they're pretty, but I just can't get into them, at all.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    am I the only one who thought those Pirates of the Carribean movies are pretty much unwatchable? I mean they're pretty, but I just can't get into them, at all.
    I highly enjoyed the first film, but the last two were incredibly weak apart from Jack Sparrow.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I didn't like the movies, I think it was because of the characters. Jack Sparrow seems more like a butt-pirate than a pirate
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently watched an anime - Irresponsible Captain Tylor - where I realized that there are a number of parallels between Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Tylor, though there are some differences. In the past, I typed Tylor as an ILE too.
    - Both captains appear to be something of a paradox to outsiders, especially more Se-valuing quadras. In PotC, Jack is referred to as either the worst pirate that they have ever heard of as well as being the best pirate. Likewise in ICT, Tylor's subordinates frequently say something along the lines of "I can't decide if he's an idiot or a genius." Tylor is either the luckiest commander alive or the greatest military genius.
    - Both captains prefer not to fight but would rather talk their way out of situations with their silver tongues.
    - Both captains are terrible flirts and womanizers, and both get in trouble for it too.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    - Both captains prefer not to fight but would rather talk their way out of situations with their silver tongues.
    What would this imply in global socionics terms?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    What would this imply in global socionics terms?
    Not necessarily anything, but it was a parallel between the two characters nonetheless, though the fact that both characters have weak, and probably unvalued Se certainly has something to do with how they deal with confrontations.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not necessarily anything, but it was a parallel between the two characters nonetheless, though the fact that both characters have weak, and probably unvalued Se certainly has something to do with how they deal with confrontations.
    I was asking this because I can see it fit for how I sometimes deal with confronting situations myself.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly enjoyed the first film, but the last two were incredibly weak apart from Jack Sparrow.
    That is precisely how I felt about them.

I think it's an ISFp playing an ESFj.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was asking this because I can see it fit for how I sometimes deal with confronting situations myself.
    You would have devalued Se, so that that probably has some effect. I wouldn't put too much weight into this sort of behavior in terms of your type. Both Jack and Tylor are also notorious cowards.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Jack and Tylor are also notorious cowards.
    (Are you making a third parallel?)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've come to agree with you, Logos. ILE works for me!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    ILE works for me!
    You mean for Jack! :tongue:

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean for Jack! :tongue:
    no, for me!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    no, for me!
    k.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Are you making a third parallel?)
    Not intentionally.
    Johari Box

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pirates of the Caribbean

Will: ESI-Se, 6w5 sx/sp (ISFP)
    Elizabeth: SLE-Se, 6w7 sx/sp (ESFP)
    Jack: EIE-Se, 7w8 sp/sx (ENTP)
    Barbossa: SLE-Te, 8w7 sp/so (ESTJ)
    Norrington: LSI-Fi, 6w5 sx/so (ISTJ)
    Calypso: IEI-Ne 4w5 sx/sp (ENFP)
    Sao Feng: LSI-Te 8w7 sp/sx (ESTJ)
    Governor Swann: SEI-Si, 6w7 so/sx (ISFJ)
    Bootstrap Bill: ESI-Fi, 6w5 sx/so (ISFP)
    Davey Jones: IEI-Si, 4w3 sx/sp (INFP)
    Beckett: ILI-Te, 8w9 sp/so (INTJ)
    Gibbs: SEI-Se, 6w7 so/sp (ISFJ)
    Pintel: LSI-Se, 8w7 sp/so (ISTP)
    Raghetti: EIE-Se, 6w7 sp/so (ENFP)
    Marty: SLE-Se, 8w7 sp/so (ESTP)
    Jack the Monkey: ESE-Se 7w6 sx/so (ESTP) (Yes, I am typing a monkey ).
    Teague: LSI-Ti, cp6w5 (ISTJ)
    Mullroy: ESE-Ti p6w7 so/sx (ESFJ)
    Murtogg: SEI-Ti p6w7 so/sx (ISFJ)
    Last edited by Aleksei; 01-06-2011 at 06:44 AM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it never fails... (I see Jack as ILE-ish). I don't care about most everyone else.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He could be ESE. Dunno. He's modeled after Keith Richards, but I don't know much about Keith Richards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast