Thread: Reverse benefit?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Reverse benefit?

I read an article on here about small groups. I cannot find it now, but it was about different small groups and it mentioned "reverse supervison." This is where the supervisee tries to be the supervisor, and it creates abreakdown in communication. It also mentioned reverse benift, but I do not remember what it was. I looked through the article section and I did not see this article anymore. Does anybody remember it, or have any knowledge of reversed benift relations?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I have stopped caring about spelling.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did "reverse benefit" search in russian. What I got was multiple site where it is used as a synonym of "being the benefactor in the relationship". So maybe there is confusion.

Summary of what I got about fall out of the intertype relationship itself- Beneficiary gets fed up of working his/her PoLR and still not being appreciated for it and gets highly critical of the benefactor even hitting his PoLR with the ignoring/limiting function.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's benefit and supervision relations in the 'leftist'/Result/Involutionary rings. While their overall function is same, the dynamics are somewhat different than with benefit and supervision in the 'rightist'/Process rings.

I couldn't find any decent descriptions of these for a while until finally I ran into this mention:

The reader, perhaps, is surprised to see new types of intertype relations - reverse order [benefit] and reverse supervision. Two reasons substantiate their existence. First, there should be sixteen types of intertype relations, not fourteen as with Aushra (order-contract as audit-report are two sides of the same relation). Second, as was demonstrated in practice, in the involutionary rings of socioprogress the rules are inverse, making Result/Involutionary and Process/Evolutionary benefit and supervision be different types of relations. If Process/Evolutionary supervision consists of suppression of any deviations, then Result/Involutionary supervision is demand for more precise formulations and additions. Process/Evolutionary request can be compared to an attempt to find the right receiver for your information [beneficiary is looking for the right benefactor to pass information to]. In Result/Involutionary is selection of the transmitter who would supply you with valuable information [benefactor looks for the right beneficiary to receive information from] (source)
    I'm not sure about supervision, but for benefit relations in the leftist rings it is usually the benefactor that tries to contact beneficiary and make the opening bid, while in rightist rings it's mostly the other way around with beneficiaries seeking benefactors. I've proposed back in this thread that Freud's relationship with Jung was a case of reverse benefit.

The 'leftist' rings are V-S and H-P ones -

Vortical-Synergetic supervision chain (V-S; Result, Positivist, Dynamic):
    ESFj (ESE) → ISTp (SLI) → ENTj (LIE) → INFp (IEI) → ESFj (ESE)
    Holographical-Panoramic supervsion chain (H-P; Result, Negativist, Static):
    INTj (LII) → ENFp (IEE) → ISFj (ESI) → ESTp (SLE) → INTj (LII)

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@siuntal:

I recall that you are either a IEE or an IEI, thus you are either the benifactor or supervisee of the LII. Can you discribe your realife interactions with LIIs so I can see this relation in motion?

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sort of wonder if that's something my IEE friend and ESE friend have? The IEE said she used to view the ESE as an extremely developed and mature person, but gradually lost patience with many things about her. According to my observation, this included her seeming reluctance to regard the IEE's attempts at Ti with much praise (this particular IEE is EXTREMELY T-compensating to the point that it actually drains me; I think it just annoys the ESE). An example: there was a dinner a few years back at a Japanese restaurant that we all went to. The ESE studied Japanese in high school and the IEE wanted to know how to communicate a certain word very specifically in that language so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding. She wanted to show off her Japanese to the waitress, but the ESE said she didn't know how to say the word the IEE needed to use and this actually upset the IEE because she felt like her endeavor wasn't seen as worthwhile by either of us. When she left to go to the bathroom, the ESE rolled her eyes, poured me a beer and said, "Honestly, who the fuck cares?" She had a point, of course, but I can see where the whole process of finding the word and using it would be considered a definite accomplishment for the IEE. She was even more insulted by the ESE's ignorance since she had failed to find what she wanted on her smartphone and felt doubly foiled, I guess.

Over the years she's been criticizing the ESE more and more for having no self-awareness, which I actually strongly agree with but I think it comes from a different place for the IEE, because the two actually have far more in common than I do with either one of them and I considered the IEE my best friend for a long time. I think it comes precisely from a place of frustration: the IEE feeling betrayed by the ESE's refusal to acknowledge her insights and accomplishments as well as a feeling of exhaustion from having tolerated so much from the ESE over the years compared to what she would normally put up with from people. They had a falling out last year, and I think the event made the IEE think differently about who she keeps as friends and why.

Eta: I can actually think of another example which might reflect what Sintual has stated as well. I know an IEI (the one I recently finally cut out of my life) who's been friends with an LII for about eight years, and practically since they met the IEI's been at the LII's beck and call, getting online to chat whenever the LII is free no matter what the IEI's doing as long as she isn't at work, even watching the LII play video games on a streaming network for hours on a regular basis. She's complained plenty of times about putting her time and energy at the LII's disposal only to not feel validated or like any of it is valued, but something about the LII is a major draw for her. It's like she has a need that only the LII is equipped to fill, and she does so purely by associating with the IEI.

I've only met a tiny handful of LIIs, but generally I have a tremendous respect for them and even a desire to be useful to them and somewhat cherished by them. They generally respond well to my Fe and I guess it's like... continually pushing a button and waiting for the validation to fall into my upturned palms. Maybe these are two instances of reverse benefit?
    Last edited by Ningyo; 08-03-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Probably ILI, or IE I/EIE/EII. PM me if you have ideas about my type! Ennagram 2w3 7w8 1w9.