Thread: What are some visual or verbal cues to tell if someone is INFj or INTj

Default What are some visual or verbal cues to tell if someone is INFj or INTj

Im a ENTP how I tell whether someone is a INFJ or INTJ

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Omari McDuffey View Post
    Im a ENTP how I tell whether someone is a INFJ or INTJ
    Count teeth. Ethicals have one fewer than logicals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An INFJ seems more girly as for a female.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically not visual or verbal, but a nice way to out an INxJ is to challenge them to some kind of physical game.

The two INFJs I knew basically went nuts whenever there was some kind of physical competition. This happened twice. I was playful when I initiated the challenge, "hey, let's see if I can [get the basketball past you and into the hoop]! You better watch yourself... ", which is what made their reactions seem so... inappropriate and unnecessarily extreme.

It wasn't the kind of ESxP "aggression" that you would probably expect from an intense player. It was more like... they were playing for their lives. They took the entire thing much too seriously.

It comes down to Se polr. Really strange stuff.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin.../35108-Se-PoLR

Was kind of a deal breaker for me with this one INFJ guy. We had been flirting, and were doing intimate hand games. He NEEDED to win. It was devoid of any good nature or fun.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTJ and INFJ are Meyers Briggs types. Please convert these to Socionics. Are they IEI & ILI? Or do you mean LII & EII?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally, the ILI will not want to be humored and will address you with indifference or sarcasm. See K0rpseys response for a common ILI reaction.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LII will be unfailing in his polite outlook and however will doubt if there is any real connection between you and him, he will struggle with coming up with something to talk about and will look to bring up areas of interest that he is a primary expert in.

The IEI will fear hurting you, and will prefer to keep their distance to you at first.

The EII will fear that their decisions are unjustifiable and will apologize to you for whatever they do.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, I thought you were asking for vertical cues.

You realize the person who asked hasn't been back for a year?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the only IEI I’ve met in which I’m certain he was IEI was my hair-dresser. This was also my first encounter with an IEI I think.

My first impression was just “wow super hot hair-dresser, cool.” I immediately picked up on a persona of his which was very similar to mine, but different and this was extremely intriguing. He was brooding and he wandered around as if unaffected by anything going on around him. The interesting and difference between he and I was communication/expression. He had a switch he could turn on and off, a Fe switch? I thought it was really bizarre.

The interaction is difficult to explain because it was mostly non-verbal. I could tell he became irritated because I kept looking at his finger-nails, they were really long. He sort of stormed over to another hair-dresser and started talking about his band. I was thinking “whatever you little he-bitch, I don’t know why you care seeing as you do hair all day, and people undoubtedly notice your finger-nails. “ He returned with a grin and asked if I needed any water. I declined, made a gesture with my hand, and asked him if he played classical guitar because I had a friend who did. He said yes and was all smiles again. He repeatedly tried to make me feel dumb because he knew so much about hair and I didn’t. I didn’t care and perceived him as insecure. I over-tipped him and assured him I loved my hair, which provoked more Fe, his card, and needy affirmation that I was his customer. YES. Blurrrggg.

Despite our differences, I enjoyed the dynamics between us. It was interesting.

^ ILI/IEI interaction. We had difficulty understanding each other’s motives.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone does something that my LII friend thinks doesn't make sense, his reaction to that is excessively critical and adverse, and if it's at all in relation to him or includes him somehow, he becomes very indignant and will usually react to it, quite personally too. He can be inconsiderate sometimes because he justifies his own logic and doesn't take into account how his actions will affect the people involved with his decisions. Whenever he gets into a logic-related argument, his tone is very calm but obstinate in what he's saying, it's usually very difficult to argue with him about things like that and if you do happen to think yourself right he most likely won't acknowledge it. Despite all that, he's an awesome dude.

As an EII, I work similarly, just in my own ethics and decisions. If someone questions my own ethics (such as not wanting to fuck around like the rest of my guy coworkers think should be the norm), I'm very reactive to that. If someone writes off something that I feel encompasses me, such as the music I like, and misconstrues it, it'll offend me whether that was the intent or not. I constantly try to correct peoples' interpretations of the music I like if I think it's not open-minded, because I've encoded a lot of me into that music (I don't ask that they like it, it's fine if they don't and I acknowledge that everyone has different tastes, but I do ask that it be respected and not scoffed at or whatever). When talking personally with someone, I usually don't have to be looking them in the face. I talk about experiences of mine that would otherwise sound traumatic or painful with a very neutral tone, because the deep feelings tied to those experiences are very concretely internalized and don't have to come out when talking about those things.

So yeah, if you meant LII/EII then there's that
    I am not covered in thorns
    nor am I covered in mold

https://soundcloud.com/#latitudes-official/latitudes-antechamber

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend is an INTj. He's not concerned about outward appearance, very warm and open to all, but also very set in his ways, and firm in his beliefs. If there is one characteristic that defines him, it is that he will not take on a task, unless he can complete it to perfection.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    My best friend is an INTj. He's not concerned about outward appearance, very warm and open to all, but also very set in his ways, and firm in his beliefs. If there is one characteristic that defines him, it is that he will not take on a task, unless he can complete it to perfection.
    Yep, also like my LII bud. But in addition to all that he won't take on a task that he can't logically justify to himself, unless he can't avoid it, and if he has to he'll become exasperated very quickly.
    nor am I covered in mold

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hum...they're both emotional, opinionated; I would say that an EII has a real and aware conscience in regards to their behavior towards people, like an EII male wouldn't go around having kids and later refuse to take care of them or be an uninvolved father to them whereas an LII can reason it away and get out of the family picture if they want to seek greener pastures.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-31-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The IEI will fear hurting you, and will prefer to keep their distance to you at first.
    yeah exactly I'm standoffish with people not so much that I'm afraid or pussy ish with them myself but because I'm quite aware of the damage I can do, so that's why I'm the opposite and I'm tender with people's feelings- I don't think it's really a good or positive trait to tear into others, because it's so easy. Other people are never as tough as they seem and it's like we're always worried about destroying them.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grandoak View Post
    Technically not visual or verbal, but a nice way to out an INxJ is to challenge them to some kind of physical game.

The two INFJs I knew basically went nuts whenever there was some kind of physical competition. This happened twice. I was playful when I initiated the challenge, "hey, let's see if I can [get the basketball past you and into the hoop]! You better watch yourself... ", which is what made their reactions seem so... inappropriate and unnecessarily extreme.

It wasn't the kind of ESxP "aggression" that you would probably expect from an intense player. It was more like... they were playing for their lives. They took the entire thing much too seriously.

It comes down to Se polr. Really strange stuff.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin.../35108-Se-PoLR

Was kind of a deal breaker for me with this one INFJ guy. We had been flirting, and were doing intimate hand games. He NEEDED to win. It was devoid of any good nature or fun.

@ the bolded... very cute!

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackholeRoad View Post
    If someone does something that my LII friend thinks doesn't make sense, his reaction to that is excessively critical and adverse, and if it's at all in relation to him or includes him somehow, he becomes very indignant and will usually react to it, quite personally too. He can be inconsiderate sometimes because he justifies his own logic and doesn't take into account how his actions will affect the people involved with his decisions.
    This is correct. I have softer edges after many working years now, but it is still extremely hard for me to resist when I encounter someone who not only has submitted for my review an extremely awful piece of reasoning, that in my most generous imagination I simply cannot think of how he might have been misled, and what's more, seems to expect me to endorse it - it is then hard to resist devoting some time just to demolish that work, particularly if I've given hints of warning to the effect of, talk to someone who knows now and fix it, coz you don't want me to respond to that. In my younger years, I did not take quite so much time to consider plausible explanations nor did I fire warning shots.

I find it incredibly insulting and demeaning both to me and to that person's own self (for being unable to tell the difference between a well-reasoned and poorly-reasoned work and worse - for believing that neither do I) and is the one thing that will immediately and drastically drop someone's estimation in my eyes. Few other things elicit that kind of immediate emotional reaction from me. I would wager any LII will respond to this trigger in a very similar way.

However it is untrue that an LII will not acknowledge if someone else is right. An LII will not acknowledge someone just for thinking he is right - including the LII himself. But an LII will readily acknowledge someone's view - even if it is one that involves consideration of non-logical elements as might be relevant - if he is or could also be right. That's the difference. Because if an opinion is valid it is independently so, separately from whoever happens to presently hold it - that it's yours, is immaterial. You can say an opinion is real to you, and that's fine. But once you say it is correct/right, then it must be so whether logically or ethically, separately from your personal mind.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana View Post
    This is correct. I have softer edges after many working years now, but it is still extremely hard for me to resist when I encounter someone who not only has submitted for my review an extremely awful piece of reasoning, that in my most generous imagination I simply cannot think of how he might have been misled, and what's more, seems to expect me to endorse it - it is then hard to resist devoting some time just to demolish that work, particularly if I've given hints of warning to the effect of, talk to someone who knows now and fix it, coz you don't want me to respond to that. In my younger years, I did not take quite so much time to consider plausible explanations nor did I fire warning shots.

I find it incredibly insulting and demeaning both to me and to that person's own self (for being unable to tell the difference between a well-reasoned and poorly-reasoned work and worse - for believing that neither do I) and is the one thing that will immediately and drastically drop someone's estimation in my eyes. Few other things elicit that kind of immediate emotional reaction from me. I would wager any LII will respond to this trigger in a very similar way.

However it is untrue that an LII will not acknowledge if someone else is right. An LII will not acknowledge someone just for thinking he is right - including the LII himself. But an LII will readily acknowledge someone's view - even if it is one that involves consideration of non-logical elements as might be relevant - if he is or could also be right. That's the difference. Because if an opinion is valid it is independently so, separately from whoever happens to presently hold it - that it's yours, is immaterial. You can say an opinion is real to you, and that's fine. But once you say it is correct/right, then it must be so whether logically or ethically, separately from your personal mind.
    I don't really believe that all LII's don't acknowledge others being correct, just my friend, lol. And it's not that he won't acknowledge it, that's not entirely what I meant, he's just not going to make it obvious that he agrees immediately. His agreement is very subtle, almost kinda begrudging. And then it's also the aspect of my relation to him, in which he's not gonna always be so receptive to me being logically correct on something, so when I am right over him it probably kinda stings lol. Glad you replied to my comment though, always good to have affirmation of my observations and further feedback
    nor am I covered in mold

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII Want: To be healthy Romance: Infantile Communication style: Coldblooded Like: Non-conformity Dislikes: Conformity
    EII Want: To be healthy Romance: Infantile Communication style: Sincere Like: Acceptance Dislikes: Rejection