Thread: Socionics types of your friends

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics types of your friends

My best childhood friends, whom I still hang out with on a regular basis, are SEE, ESI and ILI, and also SLI and SEI.

BTW, Ephemeros thinks I am LIE
    Friendships may not depend on Socionics after all. When it comes to hitting on girls, alpha SF>gamma SF!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My dual cousin...LSE
    My sister...ESE
    My friends are all SLI
    and I have one IEE friend (wish I could have more).
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best friend: LII
    Also good friend: ILE
    Another friend: SEI

Childhood best friend: LSI (we don't hang out anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Friendships may not depend on Socionics after all.
    I think they do. But it depends what you mean with friendship. Friendship with non compatible type will be more shallow, but if there is a long history, that can make people stay friends, and the compatibility falls in the background. Some friendships only work in a special setting, like together with a group of other friends, doing certain things. If the setting changes and one suddenly needs more close psychological contact, then the incompatibility can be a surprise. I know supervisors and conflictors who are friends, but their friendship is restricted in this way, and they don't meet very often.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to fail at typing my friends, but I'd guess:

IEE (real good friends until he moved to Chicago and became a life coach and stuff, haven't talked to him in a while)
    SEE (real good friends, haven't hung out in a while till last week but it was like nothing changed, in the VI thread people said he looked LIE tho)
    SLI (could be another type, pretty easy going but prone to crazy rage, we got along well but never seemed to have too much to offer each other in company so I haven't spoken to him much since we lived together)
    LII (twin brother, not entirely sure on his type either. I'm not sure I should include him though since we're twins)
    ESE (work colleague, really easy friendship, a lot in common)
    Another ESE or LSE (really friendly, but also really young, good friendship, but he's almost too simple/nice/tries too hard to be interesting)
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

EII and xEE. these are the friends i've known since childhood and feel totally comfortable around. (the xEE is my cousin.)

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In order
    LSI-Se
    SLI-Si
    LII
    EIE-Ni
    IEI-Fe
    SEE
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I never had any friends. Friends are just two faced whores. I've still had people I've loved deeply tho.

That thing where friends go out to a movie theater and gossip about people and talk about the movie and enjoy themselves and act playfully bitchy. I've never actually done that much at all. I know it's weird but doing that in reality makes me incredibly uncomfortable. In the 'real world' I prefer to explore alone. I see people like Vero and Robyn doing that in bars and its interesting to me, cuz I've been like the opposite. If I do that with somebody it has to be one on one... I'm weird.

If its a group of people I feel uncomfortable about the emotional energy exchange. Then I get "OH MY GOD COME ON NOW. YOU CAN'T BE SOOOO SHY. WE'RE NOT BEING THAT MEAN LOLZ" and im like "yeah i know its me not you but still this aint for me." i can facepalm myself and feel guilty for pushing them away but i hate it so much i feel like im going to vomit and throw up and i get neurotic and like i will be harsh and hateful or just so closed off, and not worth being around. then get me one on one and im a lot better.

this only irl. online i can be the life of the party. hehe

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

btw im not calling @mmn0good or @Aerorobyn a two faced whore or anything like that haha. i <3 them.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kassie, your friend looks SEE!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Kassie, your friend is SEE.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I flirt in and out of several "circles" so it's impossible for me to do this any other way lol. From closest to least:

1. Si-ISFp (E3 sx/so) + Se-ISTj (E6 sx/so) + ISFp's friend (Te-ESTj E8 sp/sx) <--- people I hang out with most of the time.

2. Ni-ENTj (E8 sp/sx) + Fe-INFp (E9 sp/sx) + Fi-ENFp (E6 sp/so) + Ti-ENTp (E5 sp/so) <--- people I hang out with not as often, but we're all pretty tight. The sp-ness is sometimes suffocating, however.

3. ESFx (E7 sx/so) + Ti-INTj (E9 sp/sx) + Ni-INFp (E4 sx/so) <--- these people were part of #1's circle but then internal differences etc. The INTj is hilarious.

4. Te-ESTj (E3 so/sx?) + Ti-INTj (E9/E4? sp/sx) <--- people I see/talk to rarely anymore but good friends regardless.

5. Fi-ISFj (E9/E2? sx/sp?) + Se-ISFj (E4 sx/sp?) <--- these two are a couple. we used to be friends but then I fucked it all up.

6. Fi-ENFp (E2 so/sx) + ENFp's friends (Fi-ISFj, Fe-ESFj, Te-ISTp, Fi-IXFj) <--- don't care about these people anymore, good friends at one point.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friendships may not depend on Socionics after all. When it comes to hitting on girls, alpha SF>gamma SF!
    Yeah I agree with that and I wouldn't use this as an argument against your self-typing. In fact, as you know, I'm not doing statistics, but I analyze the nature of each relationship.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's complicated, because I don't understand this "best friend" concept, sometimes there are highest quality friendships but temporary or not fully developed because of the life circumstances. In order to cut it short: IEI, SLI, ILI and LII.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best childhood friends, whom I still hang out with on a regular basis, are SEE, ESI and ILI, and also SLI and SEI.

um... sorry, you are not LIE.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI, IEE, LII, SLE (X2) and ILE

best friend from high school: ESI but we haven't spoken in years. not because we don't like each other but just because our lives have gone in completely different directions and we have little in common anymore. I still like her! In theory, but she knows nothing about my life anymore, not really.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ENTP..

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From oldest in my memory to most recent

* = I currently consider this person a best friend today

4th - 7th grade
    Si-ISFp 9w1 sx? His dad was Emotional Vampire personified, likely Fe-EXFj. His mom might have been ENFj too.
    Ti-ESTp 3w4? so/sp? To this day I have no idea why we were ever friends hahaha

I floated around a lot in high school, so I'll divide the friends up by groups

High School - Magic the Gathering
    *Ne-ENTp 7w6 sp/sx, @shindaiwa21 on the forums
    Si-ISFp 3w4? so/sx
    Fe-ENFj 3w2 so/sp, again I have no idea why we were ever friends
    Si-ISFp 9w1 sp/sx
    Ti-ENTp 3w4 so/sp

High School - Anime/Japanophile
    Se-ESFp 7w6 sx/so, one day she just decided to stop being friends with me, still kinda sucks to think about
    Ne-ENFp 7w6 so/sx?

High School - Miscellaneous
    Ne-ENFp 7w6 sx/so, we barely talk anymore for whatever reason, but back in high school we were inseparable
    Ne-ENFp 7w6 so last, we never talked too much but we always got along fairly well
    Ne-ENTp 6w7 so/sx?

College
    Ne-ENTp 6w7 sx/sp??? First roommate, we got along super fucking well
    Si-ISTp 9w1? sp/sx Also fit together fairly well, but I was quite depressed at the time so we didn't interact that much
    *Fi-ENFp 6w7 sx/sp, awesome guy, probably the best friend I had there
    Fe-ESFj 7w6 sx/so, one of the few people I know who I've clicked with almost instantly. Too bad I wasn't into him, he was crushing on my pretty hard

Japan
    Fi-ENFp 6w7 sp/sx
    Fe-ISFp? 4w3 sp/sx, both she and the one above developed some sort of emotional dependency on me. They probably liked me because I wasn't the wild and rambunctious prototypical American; they probably saw me as non-threatening sexually too, due to my condition.
    Ne-ENTp 7w6 sx/sp?, amazing artist
    Si-ISTp 9w1 sp/sx, admittedly we weren't particularly strong friends but she's the one girl I've found myself emotionally attracted to so far. We really didn't hang out that much aside from when our host family took us out, but apparently she considered me the only male friend on the trip. One night we stayed up making onigiri and watching Beauty and the Beast with her other friend. Shit's fun.
    Si-ISFp 9w1 sx/so?, one of my favorite people I've ever met. We also didn't hang out too much, but I've always found him to be a completely well-adjusted, genuine human being.

Music Game Community
    *Te-INTp 5w6 sp/sx, the "Ex" I talk about so often. We're on good terms now.
    Te-ISTp 6w7 sx/sp, again we don't talk much but we seem to get on pretty well
    *Te-INTp 5w6 sx/sp, if this man was gay and single and lived anywhere close to me we would be so in love

Music School
    *Te-ISTp 9w8 sx/sp, see the last comment but multiply that sentiment tenfold UGHHGHGHGUGHUGHUGHGU
    Fe-ISFp 6w7 sx/sp
    Ti-ENTp 6w5 sp/sx
    Si-ISFp 9w1 sx/so?
    Je-INXp head triad so/sx
    Last edited by Galen; 07-30-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Creepy-pokeball

My best friend is an INFp 4w5. My closest friends are ISTj and INTj.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend is an LSE.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

radio and galen, holy crap. i only had two and i couldn't even get that specific.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friends are in Delta, Alpha and Gamma quadras (in that order).

Significant friends were SLI (childhood), IEE (adolescence), SLI, ILE, IEE, LIE (early adulthood).
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te-SLI
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two SEEs, ILE, IEI, and two I can't tell if IEI or EII. I have the durndest time typing my best friend, but I don't care much because we get along extremely well and that's all that matters.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friends are SEE, ESI, IEE, and LII. Yeah, we pretty much have a supervision circle going on. :\ Boyfriend is SEI, his daughter is likely LSE, and the roommates are IEI and (probably)ESE.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    From oldest in my memory to most recent

* = I currently consider this person a best friend today

4th - 7th grade
    Si-ISFp 9w1 sx? His dad was Emotional Vampire personified, likely Fe-EXFj. His mom might have been ENFj too.
    Ti-ESTp 3w4? so/sp? To this day I have no idea why we were ever friends hahaha

I floated around a lot in high school, so I'll divide the friends up by groups

High School - Magic the Gathering
    *Ne-ENTp 7w6 sp/sx, @shindaiwa21 on the forums
    Si-ISFp 3w4? so/sx
    Fe-ENFj 3w2 so/sp, again I have no idea why we were ever friends
    Si-ISFp 9w1 sp/sx
    Ti-ENTp 3w4 so/sp

High School - Anime/Japanophile
    Se-ESFp 7w6 sx/so, one day she just decided to stop being friends with me, still kinda sucks to think about
    Ne-ENFp 7w6 so/sx?

High School - Miscellaneous
    Ne-ENFp 7w6 sx/so, we barely talk anymore for whatever reason, but back in high school we were inseparable
    Ne-ENFp 7w6 so last, we never talked too much but we always got along fairly well
    Ne-ENTp 6w7 so/sx?

College
    Ne-ENTp 6w7 sx/sp??? First roommate, we got along super fucking well
    Si-ISTp 9w1? sp/sx Also fit together fairly well, but I was quite depressed at the time so we didn't interact that much
    *Fi-ENFp 6w7 sx/sp, awesome guy, probably the best friend I had there
    Fe-ESFj 7w6 sx/so, one of the few people I know who I've clicked with almost instantly. Too bad I wasn't into him, he was crushing on my pretty hard

Japan
    Fi-ENFp 6w7 sp/sx
    Fe-ISFp? 4w3 sp/sx, both she and the one above developed some sort of emotional dependency on me. They probably liked me because I wasn't the wild and rambunctious prototypical American; they probably saw me as non-threatening sexually too, due to my condition.
    Ne-ENTp 7w6 sx/sp?, amazing artist
    Si-ISTp 9w1 sp/sx, admittedly we weren't particularly strong friends but she's the one girl I've found myself emotionally attracted to so far. We really didn't hang out that much aside from when our host family took us out, but apparently she considered me the only male friend on the trip. One night we stayed up making onigiri and watching Beauty and the Beast with her other friend. Shit's fun.
    Si-ISFp 9w1 sx/so?, one of my favorite people I've ever met. We also didn't hang out too much, but I've always found him to be a completely well-adjusted, genuine human being.

Music Game Community
    *Te-INTp 5w6 sp/sx, the "Ex" I talk about so often. We're on good terms now.
    Te-ISTp 6w7 sx/sp, again we don't talk much but we seem to get on pretty well
    *Te-INTp 5w6 sx/sp, if this man was gay and single and lived anywhere close to me we would be so in love

Music School
    *Te-ISTp 9w8 sx/sp, see the last comment but multiply that sentiment tenfold UGHHGHGHGUGHUGHUGHGU
    Fe-ISFp 6w7 sx/sp
    Ti-ENTp 6w5 sp/sx
    Si-ISFp 9w1 sx/so?
    Je-INXp head triad so/sx
    OMFG impossible. They all have subtypes and ennegram instinct stackings by 4th grade?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    OMFG impossible. They all have subtypes and ennegram instinct stackings by 4th grade?
    One learns that when something looks to good to be true, it aint. I have as well my doubts about that detailed and comprehensive classification, such things generally come from people more interested in closure than the truth. Not to doubt Galen's intelligence, which IMO is well higher than the average, I'm just aware of this idiosyncrasy of his to confidently establish the case in a system he ultimately understands intuitively.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp ESFj ENTp ISFp

TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend IRL is a Te-ILI I'll probably eventually move in with. He's a gay embalmber. YES, I've ridden in the hearse and yesterday he took me to the crematorium. Lol. Definitely not something I could ever do for a living.

I would have to say socionics plays into friendship, though, because he and I have a soulmate connection that we both often comment upon (he knows nothing of socionics ), similar to what other kindred pairs I've observed have.

My other close friends are an IEE, an SLI who sometimes hangs out with me and the ILI, and my IEI boyfriend. Lately I've been sort of antisocial.
    Probably ILI, or IE I/EIE/EII. PM me if you have ideas about my type! Ennagram 2w3 7w8 1w9.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE 6w7 sx/(sp?)

She and I have a similar thought process - right vs wrong, decision-making, etc., which is probably what has made our friendship last as long as it has. Granted, it hasn't always been a smooth-flowing friendship, we have our differences, but work through them relatively quickly and easily.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New additions!

Ti-ENTp 6w5 sp/sx
    Si-ISFp ?w? sp/so
    Si-ISTp 5w4 sp/sx

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

College: EII (possibly IEE) and IEI (maybe EIE)

2nd half of High School: EII and IEI (different people from college though)

1st Half of High School: SEE, IEI, EII

Jr. High: SEE, SLE, LSI, ESI, EII, IEI

Any time before that: LSI, SLE, SLE,

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Primary school:
    SEE 7w6 so/sx
    ESE 2w3 sp
    SLE e3

Highschool:
    SEI 6w7
    LSE 3w2 sp/so
    ESE 2w3
    EII 1w9 sp/sx
    LSI 1w2 sp/sx
    ILI 5w4 sx/sp

College:
    IEI e4 sx/sp
    SEI 9w8 so/sx
    LII 5w6 sp/sx
    SEI
    IEE 7w6 sx/so
    EII 9w1
    LSI 3w4
    ESE 2w3
    LII 5w6 sp/sx
    ILE 7w8 so/sx
    ESI 6w7 sp
    SEE 7w6 sx/so
    ESE 2w3 sp/so
    SLE 7w8 so/sp
    SLE 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE, LIE, LSI, EII (childhood friends)

ESI, LIE, LSI, SEE , ILI (friends i've made later in life)

I'm mostly talking about what I consider "closer" friends otherwise the list would be far too large.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best friend => Ti-SLE or LSI (can't decide)

Very good friends => LSI, IEI

Good Friends => IEI, ILI

Nice guy I met at my internship => SEI

After it might revolve around SEE/ILE and SEI but I might not consider them "friends". Especially the alpha group, more like acquaintances.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    EII and xEE. these are the friends i've known since childhood and feel totally comfortable around. (the xEE is my cousin.)

^^ i had her take a socionics test and she got ESI and i think it makes a lot of sense.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm this is hard.

Best friend 1: ILE
    Best friend 2: pfff something delta/gamma and rational quite possibly introtim
    Best friend 3: LII
    Best friend 4 (also my cousin) Either LII or Delta ST. Thing is, I can't type him at all, he seems sensing and thinking, but I always thought he was the embodyment of alpha. I think I got my quadra's all wrong :S
    Newest best friend: SLE

Female friend 1: IEI
    Female friend 2: LSE

the above are the people I'd call if I had to hide a body or if/when I ended up in my underwear somewhere in europe alongside a highway. They also have in common that they periodically check up on me and that even after not talking for a while the communication is great and fun instantly.

All except best friend 2 would hide the body, but this guy is a cop so he'd probably cuff me and drag me to jail. Still, he'd do it nicely!

Ex-best friend: ESI
    Ex best friend 2: EIE NEVER AGAIN

These are people I once trusted with my life, and not anymore

and than there's the multitude of "friends" (that is, aquintances whom I can have fun with but trust as far as I can throw them) that I don't care to type..

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

3 best friends:

EIE (Mirror)
    IEE (Extinguishment)
    LIE (Supervisor)

Boyfriend
    SLE (Dual)

Sister
    SEI (Look-a-like)

Oh I forgot, childhood best friend/Cousin
    IEI (samesies)

Yay, a representative from each quadra! Lol.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all of my friends are SEEs or ESIs, my ex boyfriend was an SLE
    7w6-4w5-9w1 sx/so

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI-Te
    IEE-Si
    ILE-Ne
    SEI-Si

Yarrh.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the closest few are really an odd bunch - SLI-te and two SLE- ti-s. occasional EII joins us and lol i feel bad for her then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast