User Tag List

Thread: Hello :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello :)

Hello!

I've been lurking a while and reading a bunch of posts. That isn't creepy, is it? To be honest, I've IMMERSED myself in enneagram stuff lately, doing so much reading and researching that I ran out of things on google. Discovering my type has been an interesting process, but I think I finally have my finger on it.

9w1
    sp/sx
    9-4-5
    INFP

I know that 945 is a triple withdrawn type, but I think "withdrawn" is being taken too literally and extremely by those who claim that "true" 945s, 954s, ect., must be hermits and cut off from the world. When I look at it, I see the "withdrawn" feature as referencing common responses to conflict. 9s withdraw to avoid conflict, 5s withdraw to their inner (often dark) thoughts, and 4s withdraw to protect their feelings. I think any variation of the 945 tritype is prone to doing all three - I know I am.

...Anyway, hi! I didn't mean to introduce myself on an intense note. It's good to finally meet you all.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whazzup?
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

welcome mermaid! are you interested in socionics too (along with enneagram)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    welcome mermaid! are you interested in socionics too (along with enneagram)?
    Thank you! And I haven't been introduced to it, although I would definitely be interested. Can you suggest some websites? (I have a feeling more exhaustive google searches will be done...)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    Thank you! And I haven't been introduced to it, although I would definitely be interested. Can you suggest some websites? (I have a feeling more exhaustive google searches will be done...)
    there's a lot of content to read right here on this site, actually. just click the "Home" button at the top, where you can access an Introduction to Socionics, and many other articles.

the main focus is on socionics, but there are articles on Enneagram, MBTI, and Jungian material as well.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    Hello!

I've been lurking a while and reading a bunch of posts. That isn't creepy, is it?
    Not at all. That's just hkkmr's way of sucking you into the eternal blackhole that is the16types forum.

Welcome.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Creepy-Snaps

Welcome, mermaid!

Lurking is cool, I find it's more common from introverts. You seem like a down-to-earth person though, like you have some basic level of sanity.

Enjoy your stay. Let us know if you have any questions.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi Mermaid,

It's good to meet you too. I feel that there's nothing wrong with immersing oneself in a subject; how else will one acquire all available knowledge regarding a subject and be passionate about it and be able to converse about it at great length?

Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-25-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O herrow
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...