View Poll Results: what is your primary purpose on the forum?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • a genuine interest in learning about & applying socionics

26 68.42%
  • some other reason - boredom/socialization/you like the color scheme, whatever

12 31.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sincere socionics interest

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Post sincere socionics interest

i'm curious how many people who post here do so primarily out of a sincere interest in socionics and a desire to apply it appropriately in their real lives.

please answer poll - it is anonymous for your protection.

discuss if you want.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I'm not as avidly into socionics as I was for the first year or so, given how I've come to better understand its limitations. I do think it has some worthwhile uses in real life situations, assuming you know what it is you're looking at in the first place. In terms of immediate practical application Enneagram blows Socionics out of the water though, given its relative ease of understanding and what it aims to define.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

also I'm sure for some people there's a good balance between the two but I want to make you choose. nuanced perspectives are for posting. for the poll I just want simple statistics so please suck it up and just pick one. (:

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

First option for me although I couldn't give a flying toss about that abstract shite that comes with it and I did learned and applied it before, not really though. I know instantly whom I'm going to get along with after meeting/talking with them not even "doing" socionics, Jung, MBTI and all, I knew it before, I know it after.

Taking into account, I cound't care less what your views are unless they do clash with mine.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've made a few important decisions while weighing them with socionics information and it's pretty effective at giving some guidance.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i voted the first option, but it's not as if the social aspects of this place aren't also a large contributor to my interest in this place. i have made friends & acquaintances (both online & IRL) through this forum that i likely would not have made otherwise, and i think that's awesome.

i just have a hard time seeing myself completely losing interest in socionics. once you know it, it's not exactly a topic you can easily un-learn or completely forget about.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Me me me
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    First option for me although I couldn't give a flying toss about that abstract shite that comes with it and I did learned and applied it before, not really though. I know instantly whom I'm going to get along with after meeting/talking with them not even "doing" socionics, Jung, MBTI and all, I knew it before, I know it after.

Taking into account, I cound't care less what your views are unless they do clash with mine.
    For someone who is genuinely interested in socionics you are perhaps the least constructive person ever. All you do is post random judgmental nonsense and then sort of dismissively explain your behavior when confronted. It's almost like you completely and totally give no fucks about socionics, this site, or anyone on it. I'm just saying I'd much prefer that if you actually understand socionics, you try to make that understanding accessible and then not give fucks about who disagrees with you instead of just not giving fucks about explaining anything in the first place because you get it and that's all that matters.
    Easy Day

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not ashamed to say i am a part of this community out of pure interest in socionics and a desire to learn how to apply it in my everyday life. That is my ENTIRE purpose here.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always knew you are here for the first option. And yeah... PRACTICAL application. I'm definitely with you there.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    For someone who is genuinely interested in socionics you are perhaps the least constructive person ever. All you do is post random judgmental nonsense and then sort of dismissively explain your behavior when confronted. It's almost like you completely and totally give no fucks about socionics, this site, or anyone on it. I'm just saying I'd much prefer that if you actually understand socionics, you try to make that understanding accessible and then not give fucks about who disagrees with you instead of just not giving fucks about explaining anything in the first place because you get it and that's all that matters.
    Well he jokes around a lot whenever he does say something, but behind the scenes he is learning deeply. He is not a dumb fella.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I've made a few important decisions while weighing them with socionics information and it's pretty effective at giving some guidance.

Yeah same. I wish i could apply it more though. I'm still not great at typing people.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Well he jokes around a lot whenever he does say something, but behind the scenes he is learning deeply. He is not a dumb fella.

Yeah, I get that, that's why I'm pissed off at him. If he is smart he should show it, and he's not. He never has. He's someone who thinks of himself as intelligent but instead of doing anything constructive with it chooses to be a frivolous nuisance.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol absurd the mystery man. is he a jokester? a troll? a secret intellectual? i feel like i'm the only person who gets him most of the time tbh. and maybe april too.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I am not ashamed to say i am a part of this community out of pure interest in socionics and a desire to learn how to apply it in my everyday life. That is my ENTIRE purpose here.
    do you feel like you're under pressure to be ashamed of it?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    do you feel like you're under pressure to be ashamed of it?
    no not at all...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol absurd the mystery man. is he a jokester? a troll? a secret intellectual? i feel like i'm the only person who gets him most of the time tbh. and maybe april too.
    I actually get him more than you do.

and yes he's all of the above.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

no not at all...
    i'm not ashamed to say i'm confused about why you would feel the need to declare you're not ashamed.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I actually get him more than you do.

and yes he's all of the above.
    *pat*

Creepy-Snaps

Dear Socionics,

I love you.

Sincerely,
    You Know Who

Creepy-Snaps

ENTIRE? Not the people... at all?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a kind of insincere interest....
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I always knew you are here for the first option. And yeah... PRACTICAL application. I'm definitely with you there.
    You can't apply socionics practically.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh shit, I can't still get what the heck you're on like you were from a different Planet or something and what is "random judgemental nonsense" and why is this thread about me again?

And I would much prefer if you would stay out of my life, you're no part of it and never have been.

Oh I see, I have to understand socionics now, okay.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not ashamed to say i'm confused about why you would feel the need to declare you're not ashamed.
    oook...i just thought i would say that, especially since you were so concerned about keeping it anonymous.Not a big deal.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't apply socionics practically.
    sure you can

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    ENTIRE? Not the people... at all?

Aww, well the cool people here is what keeps me around and communicating, but no my purpose isn't really to meet people from here irl, though i guess i'm somewhat flexible about it, just because a lot of you are really awesome. I'm wary of meeting people from the interwebs though.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm I'd say its a combination, I am always learning more about Socionics but I mostly come here to socialize these days. I would never have come or stayed here without socionics, and I would probably leave if it really turned into a knitting circle.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I would probably leave if it really turned into a knitting circle.
    What if we had cookies? And we switched the color combination to a badass black and red combo?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if we had cookies? And we switched the color combination to a badass black and red combo?
    Only if you sign a contract to buy all of your needles and thread from me.

Forever.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm here because this place offers more socionics opinions than others. Quantity =/= quality, but you know. I can't say I'm incredibly committed to learning socionics, or I'd probably be farther in my understanding of it by now. I guess this place is kind of like a bad drug; it's stressful at times, but you can't help coming back for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Ummm I'd say its a combination, I am always learning more about Socionics but I mostly come here to socialize these days. I would never have come or stayed here without socionics, and I would probably leave if it really turned into a knitting circle.
    Or something like this?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm curious how many people who post here do so primarily out of a sincere interest in socionics and a desire to apply it appropriately in their real lives.
    IMO it makes sense to read a few people's posts largely with a purpose in mind of learning socionics. And the posts of many others with a purpose of widening one's horizon in various other areas, some quite distant from socionics. Writing posts, on the other hand, seems to me mostly a social activity which is wrt most forumites most of the time most naturally viewed as being motivated by various kinds of social impulse more than a desire to either produce or transmit theoretical knowledge.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sure you can
    I would like to know how taking into account majority of this forum's humble schizophrenics hopping from quadra to quadra is going to apply anything, besides popping up out of thin air like giant spotted elephant to announce you're mistyped.

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Absurd: play some oi and don't think too much.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravolez View Post
    @<a href="http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/member.php?u=1570" target="_blank">Absurd</a> : play some oi and don't think too much.
    You're actually right, I might end up gamma from too much thinking and I do not want that.

Anyway:

Last edited by Absurd; 07-24-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I see, I have to understand socionics now, okay.
    You don't? I was under the impression that you thought fairly highly of your own understanding.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You don't? I was under the impression that you thought fairly highly of your own understanding.
    What are you trying to say?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you trying to say?
    I'm not slighting you for thinking that you are a socionics god, I'm slighting you for not acting like it if you are. If you do understand socionics then try to make that understanding available to others, instead of doing that though you just post like random videos and pictures.
    Easy Day

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see a reason why someone would even think that Absurd knows anything about socionics.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not slighting you for thinking that you are a socionics god, I'm slighting you for not acting like it if you are. If you do understand socionics then try to make that understanding available to others, instead of doing that though you just post like random videos and pictures.
    Oh, I see I'm guru, I mean, god of socionics now and best part is I think I am - didn't know that about myself at all. Must of been asleep at the wheel or something. Labels just can't drop me it seems. Thanks, JWC3, without your support I wouldn't make it that far. I think creating a thread titled "who is god of socionics" and leaving one option available, that is, me is unnecessary and a waste of bandwidth.

As for posting random vids and pictures I think there's a few threads dedicated to it already, in which people post random vids and pictures making that particular socionics understanding available to others. I knew I am in the right place from the beginning. So before judging me for my "random judgmental nonsense" or something like that and for the second time storming into my "house" uninvited, telling me some alcoholic stories of yours that I didn't ask for and ending it with "if you're like me, blah blah" I'm going to have to tell you politely and kindly to piss off.

Now that I have it off my chest, what kind of socionics understanding shall I popularise on this site, I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravolez View Post
    I don't see a reason why someone would even think that Absurd knows anything about socionics.
    Exactly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast