Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta duality descriptions by Gulenko ENFp-ISTp ESTj-INFj

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Delta duality descriptions by Gulenko ENFp-ISTp ESTj-INFj

A translation of Victor Gulenko's short duality descriptions.

IEE-SLI duality
    EII-LSE duality

++added: see also Duality observations
    Last edited by silke; 07-09-2017 at 07:55 AM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have read this before, but that was a poor translation. Someone (or something?) has made this very clear in english. Nice work, thank-you.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nothing can stop me now.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP lives!

Truth be told, a lot of this doesn't resonate. However, I laughed at the "LSE offers to beat up the offender" part. It is much appreciated.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not seen this before. On first glance it does not seem like me, but that may be because I am not reading it thoughtfully enough. So I'll keep reading with an open mind. I thought about this, taken from above (I changed to "she" where appropriate):

In this function, IEE continuously issues necessary emotions, reacting adequately to changes in the external situation with big emotional contrasts, thereby consistently creating an emotional background above the average due to her charm, smiles, artistry, sociability. In this situation, SLI does not care for the nuances of emotional displays, which come to him with difficulty. His emotions, in case of their manifestation, will not seem rude or inappropriate on the background that IEE creates. IEE does not react verbally to SLI's poorly managed mood swings, she does not teach or criticize, doesn't try to penetrate into his soul. All actions and steps that require subtle emotional responses, the IEE takes onto her shoulders, seeing SLI tendency to soulful anguish, his inner vulnerability, and shocking displays of emotion.

This is interesting because i do sort of take over the outward emotional side for the two of us, and in our types that makes sense. My SLI has expressed concern that he might hurt me with an "outburst" of insensitivity, and that he is determined to be careful not to, but I assured him he does not need to worry about that. I am more sensitive in situations I don't know, I think, but I know him, and know he loves me, and if he was irritable or insensitive, I would not be hurt but quiet and watchful to understand what motivated it, more concerned about what was bothering him than anything.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7. IEE subconsciously feels the movement of time and is gives advice on the potential future outcomes. These councils are required for SLI, who is is characterized by skepticism, often shows little faith in the future. IEE serves as a director who configures this function in SLI, sets it to right attitude that eliminates excessive pessimism, inspires him, and constantly pushes SLI to activity with advice such as: "Everything will be fine," "Everything is still ahead," "There are no hopeless situations." These tips are often wrapped into more concrete forms, explaining in detail how to behave in some difficult life situations.
    How exactly does this fall in line with sli's supposedly being 'positivists'?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only parts I understand and can actually relate to are the ones about work and skepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    SLI never starts work right away, especially if everything hasn't been worked out yet. But if he has taken up the task, then he does it well, scrupulously, will move towards the main goal with great tenacity. SLI takes on painstaking, thorough work, and copes with it easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    IEE subconsciously feels the movement of time and is gives advice on the potential future outcomes. These councils are required for SLI, who is is characterized by skepticism, often shows little faith in the future. IEE serves as a director who configures this function in SLI, sets it to right attitude that eliminates excessive pessimism, inspires him, and constantly pushes SLI to activity with advice such as: "Everything will be fine," "Everything is still ahead," "There are no hopeless situations." These tips are often wrapped into more concrete forms, explaining in detail how to behave in some difficult life situations.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I have not seen this before. On first glance it does not seem like me, but that may be because I am not reading it thoughtfully enough. So I'll keep reading with an open mind.
    It seems like a pretty lame description to me. And I don't think it's the translation as much as it is the style it was originally written in, which seems rather vague and incoherent.

This is interesting because i do sort of take over the outward emotional side for the two of us, and in our types that makes sense. My SLI has expressed concern that he might hurt me with an "outburst" of insensitivity, and that he is determined to be careful not to, but I assured him he does not need to worry about that. I am more sensitive in situations I don't know, I think, but I know him, and know he loves me, and if he was irritable or insensitive, I would not be hurt but quiet and watchful to understand what motivated it, more concerned about what was bothering him than anything.
    This is actually very important to me. I don't get along too well with people who judge or comment on my outward reactions without trying to get the context beneath. I tend to be crass sometimes, and I need someone who'll see past the surface and observe my emotions from the point of their origin and not just how they appear on the outside. If you're super sensitive and get your feelings hurt each time I say a cuss word or tell you to shut up, just... stay the fuck away from me.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Fen.

yes it's deeds>>words.sometimes people may just need to cuss because it gives the sense of getting that sh1t out of oneself (but it's still a dose of unecessairy routine negativeness that one can fight against because in most cases it's just you allowing outwardly-caused blackness to enter the circle of your loved ones) but then they do what they are expected to do in the name of mutual trust and well-being without feeling it as a burden.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi jennifer. Thanks for being sane and understanding.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    This is actually very important to me. I don't get along too well with people who judge or comment on my outward reactions without trying to get the context beneath. I tend to be crass sometimes, and I need someone who'll see past the surface and observe my emotions from the point of their origin and not just how they appear on the outside. If you're super sensitive and get your feelings hurt each time I say a cuss word or tell you to shut up, just... stay the fuck away from me.
    I value this from you, another SLI. It makes me feel delighted that my SLI also likely feels the same way, even though I wasn't making a point to please him; this is just my natural reaction in this situation with him. So I think you should find yourself a nice IEE someday, Park, if you value this, because I do think its a "Dual" thing...

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    yes it's deeds>>words.sometimes people may just need to cuss because it gives the sense of getting that sh1t out of oneself (but it's still a dose of unecessairy routine negativeness that one can fight against because in most cases it's just you allowing outwardly-caused blackness to enter the circle of your loved ones) but then they do what they are expected to do in the name of mutual trust and well-being without feeling it as a burden.
    My angry/hostile ESE ex used to cuss and it would make me cringe and unsettle me. My SLI cusses some, in contrast to my not-at-all, but with him, I don't cringe. At all. Its just how he is, and I like him how he is. He is not overly descriptively vulgar, which would bother me. The only thing I asked him to change in his words is this one derogatory name he has called himself for years. Its in another language, and I refuse to repeat it. Lets call it butthead.. I told him, I do not want to marry a butthead.. and he is in a postion of reestablishing his dignity, and I think this holds him back. I feel strongly on it. Plus, concerning this, I accused him of false advertising, since in all the years we wrote before we met he never called himself that, and only now, after I fall for him, do I hear this (and way too often). So, he is willing to go along with me on this. And its taken him some effort, which I appreciate...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He calls himself a butthead? You'd really hate me calling myself a fucking dumbass.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't quote me
    *DEFIANCE* >:0

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    He calls himself a butthead? You'd really hate me calling myself a fucking dumbass.
    LOL

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing I asked him to change in his words is this one derogatory name he has called himself for years. Its in another language, and I refuse to repeat it. Lets call it butthead.. I told him, I do not want to marry a butthead.. and he is in a postion of reestablishing his dignity, and I think this holds him back. I feel strongly on it. Plus, concerning this, I accused him of false advertising, since in all the years we wrote before we met he never called himself that, and only now, after I fall for him, do I hear this (and way too often). So, he is willing to go along with me on this. And its taken him some effort, which I appreciate...
    arschloch?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

See...an EII does maintain their dwelling...HAVEN'T I BEEN SAYING THAT?

NO MORE BS EII SAYING "OMG, I CAN'T TAKE CARE OF MYSELF, OMG I CAN'T CLEAN, OMG, I CAN'T EAT"

OMG
    OMG
    OMG

I NEED A BABY SITTER.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I want a $1 for each time I tell an LSE to calm down. ....

I am going to be a WEALTHY woman

And YES I AM DETAILED; I painstakingly dissect everything...of intellectual nature
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So I think you should find yourself a nice IEE someday, Park,
    umm.....um.....um......
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    See...an EII does maintain their dwelling...HAVEN'T I BEEN SAYING THAT?

NO MORE BS EII SAYING "OMG, I CAN'T TAKE CARE OF MYSELF, OMG I CAN'T CLEAN, OMG, I CAN'T EAT"

OMG
    OMG
    OMG

I NEED A BABY SITTER.
    That was funny.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm ready to love an LSE.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That positivist Reinin stuff you're referring to hasn't got anything to do with pessimism.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

arschloch?
    noo... but he does like that word "arse"

umm.....um.....um......
    ??

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm ready to love an LSE.
    You mean, Jadae?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

??
    It was an indirect statement implying....fill in the words.
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was an indirect statement implying....fill in the words.
    ? I guess I am just slow because I am new, and don't know the individuals well enough here...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

? I guess I am just slow because I am new, and don't know the individuals well enough here...
    lol You're IEE and he's SLI. ...that.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So both LSI and LSE are practical, they both value organization of external environment. I do not like people complaining or commenting on the way I look unless they have something nice to say, like my duals do which is "that sweater looks nice on you, or that dress looks nice." EIE appreciate this apparently. I don't know why? Something like this can easily send me crying and in depression really fast. This is kinda like pointing out someone's flaws in external sensing.

I can be told what to wear though. I just don't want it done critically. I can be told "hey mid long dresses look nice on you, you should wear them; or go wear that dress, it's better. Or, I won't let you wear that dress." I won't stand it if I'm told something like "that makes you look like a slut;" or something makes me be a worse person than I am the way I am...it's just clothes it doesn't or shouldn't determine the character or personality of someone. I treat others and the way they dress very sensitively because of this.

Because LSE are tactical types they focus too much on the method of something instead of the strategy and I help them choose a strategy. I love my dual's ability to hold knowledge (info) in different areas and present them to me so that I can clarify this strategy.

What is indirect way of attaining profits? I'm guessing just working; I am more likely to invest in things where I see the advantage of profits to be optimal.

I like that my duals like to cook, if they are cooks, and present their delicacies to people/friends. I also like that, just like Jedi, my dual also likes to buy gifts for people. Relieving that extra energy from me because I really enjoy it when people are taken care of that way. My anxiety from manifiestations of the lack of this kind of care arises out of the feeling that I'm not taking care of the people, friends and relatives, who I love so much. I just really need someone who keeps my work simple, everything in it's place so that there's no guess work about where to put things and helps me eliminate unnecessary things that I feel may have some value in the future, like receipts, etc. but I love my environment to be clean and neat. I can be a bit of a "place" places for things myself once a program has been set.

My sweet rage-full duals.
    I think that LSI are more emotionally restrained than an LSE, but I will have to look at this more closely. Of course I would LSE are always in a nervous tension...they need me to be a nurse to them. Hee hee. In any case, I feel as though LSE are a lot more aesthetic towards their environment than an LSI especially with regards to creating free and functional spaces and not cluttered things. I stepped into an LSI man's home and found that he used a really nice bowl for small objects, like keys and coasters. To me that just seemed really lazy approach to finding a place for the coasters. The coasters should either be put away in the drawer until ready for use or they should be placed on the corner of the table.

One of the major things about me is that I don't like to confront people, either emotionally or critically. I just let people be because I have a major sense of the things about themselves that bother them and if this strikes a que for me then I let the person down quietly and gently. I have subdued and understated emotionality.

I have a good ability to disperse events in time. I take a task, for instance a home, and look at the workings of it...the floor needs to be done before the furniture arrives, that will be on this day and that, and before that event, the floor needs to be sealed, so schedules should go like this.

Behavior and how my dual acts with others is extremely important to me. I don't like that people should be put down for various reasons or screamed at for various. It helps that my dual receives ethical ques from me with this regard. It helps him look like a concerned person instead of a cold stone. This is probably why I constantly tell certain duals "who are you talking to?" and "please address the person you are making references for." This helps shift their behavior. They need to follow this because if they don't, they can seem very rude.

I don't like to give tips and requests, as EIE would give an LSI; I think I'm more like dispersion of tasks. You do this, I do this and we decide on things we need the other for. Team work baby.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-03-2014 at 02:51 AM.
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol You're IEE and he's SLI. ...that.
    Oh, I see, sorry you had to spell it out. Thats probably IEE too... Anyway I don't think anyone thinks that way since its so clear I have my SLI... and then also, I am at a different stage of life than maybe most here, so not really to be considered that way ...

More comments on the above SLI/IEE Dual commentary:

" SLI ...Likes when compliments and praises are given, but does not show this...." Recently I sent my SLI a "Why I love you email" and he never responded... I asked him if he got it and he said "yes". But according to this, he was pleased, so I am glad...

4. IEE does not feel well at close physical distance. He loves space. Crowds of people and commotion make him uneasy.

This is true of me.

In the analysis of events and situations he poorly picks up on the necessary detail. He sees the main aspects of situations, therefore, after establishing the main trend he does not know what details to add to complete the picture. He often analyzes things only superficially and not in depth. SLI takes on the implementation of this function on himself, but he does not affect IEE verbally on this function, i.e. does not criticize or teach him. SLI with his behavior increases the physical distance. It can be rough manners and flashes of choleric attitudes. I cannot figure out what is being said here exactly. That IEE is uncomfortable in certain situations and SLI notices and creates necessary distance?.

In addition, SLI never starts work right away, especially if everything hasn't been worked out yet. But if he has taken up the task, then he does it well, scrupulously, will move towards the main goal with great tenacity. SLI takes on painstaking, thorough work, and copes with it easily.
    Now this I see with my SLI, who is going to take on more work. ..Soon. ...One of these days. LOL. I can really see how he works thoroughly and steadily and faithfully once he gets going. He wants to get going, but he seems sort of - stuck. I see a few of the obstacles, which he is - sort of - working towards removing. I could ask him to tell me whats holding him up, but I would rather he say, when he is ready, while meanwhile I just wait and see how he does things. That way I learn about him... Because I do not want him to feel pressured, and I do feel confident he will do fine once he gets started...

I am still trying to read that probably faulty translation for understanding, but this jumped out at me:

7. IEE subconsciously feels the movement of time and is gives advice on the potential future outcomes. These councils are required for SLI, who is is characterized by skepticism, often shows little faith in the future. IEE serves as a director who configures this function in SLI, sets it to right attitude that eliminates excessive pessimism, inspires him, and constantly pushes SLI to activity with advice such as: "Everything will be fine," "Everything is still ahead," "There are no hopeless situations." These tips are often wrapped into more concrete forms, explaining in detail how to behave in some difficult life situations.

This is true of us. He really had about given up on his future when I met him in October, and I have been the one saying all along how much is ahead for him and for us, and his hope has grown and every time I see him till he is more invested in and more hopeful about the future, till we both seem to be seeing things the same way now. Its not about me changing him but just supporting him by seeing who he is and loving who he is, so he has the safety or confidence or hope he needs to become - himself. I have given him some specific tips on coping with his current situation, too, because he had no ideas and was stuck.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Eliza, you look like my mirror.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We are neither poor with planning nor with deadlines.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    That positivist Reinin stuff you're referring to hasn't got anything to do with pessimism.
    To me, pessimism = negative....unless, of course, I live in some alternate universe..... which sometimes I think I do.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To me, pessimism = negative....unless, of course, I live in some alternate universe..... which sometimes I think I do.
    If anything can go wrong, it will - do you consider that to be a pessimist, negativist, positivist or optimist statement to be uttered?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Negative....you guys mindfuck me a lot. PLEASE STOP.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I marked this as a constructive post.

Mhm.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be told what to wear though. I just don't want it done critically. I can be told "hey mid long dresses look nice on you, you should wear them; or go wear that dress, it's better. Or, I won't let you wear that dress."
    Maritsta, go wear that dress.

I like that my duals like to cook, if they are cooks, and present their delicacies to people/friends. I also like that, just like Jedi, my dual also likes to buy gifts for people.
    From what I remember, bribery is a tactic of the Sith, more so than goody-two-shoes Jedi types.

My sweet rage-full duals.
    Hm, I'm glad someone believes that.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Maritsta, go wear that dress.

From what I remember, bribery is a tactic of the Sith, more so than goody-two-shoes Jedi types.

Hm, I'm glad someone believes that.
    Perhaps you can realize now that you have typed a certain member incorrectly for some time now and then continue to converse with me. Because if we can not establish that as a basis, we aren't speaking. I don't see any need to have further relations with you (ethically speaking).
    -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast