Thread: Type me, please

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me, please

Raver suggested that I start a type me thread so here goes. Thanks for reading this post, folks. I am sorry that I couldnít make it shorter.

STRONGEST AREA: Helping other people with my ideas. I take an optimistic approach and try to encourage people in finding creative solutions to their problems: anything from the best career choice based on their aptitudes, to finding the right plant for a shady spot in the yard, to the fastest way to get from point A to point B on a trip. Then I want THEM to carry out the solution. I donít necessarily want to help them with the implementation. (I always have ideas swirling around in my brain. Sometimes I canít get to sleep because I canít shut my brain off.)

WEAKEST AREA: Procrastinating. Sometimes I delay starting projects because I canít figure out the best approach. Sometimes I delay because of inertia. When the deadline gets impossibly close, I can churn out the work and get the job done on time. But I usually feel disappointed about things I had to leave out due to lack of time.

Respect. I think good manners are a way to show respect to people. I dislike harshness and try never to be harsh myself. It is hard for me to watch other people being disrespected.

Humor. Why be grim?

Efficiency. But I fear that I am not very efficient.

Solitude. I am very friendly and I like people, but I also like being alone. I love driving while listening to music, gardening, reading (biographies and history.)

Beautiful, clean homes. Yet I hate housework and am very unorganized, so my house is frequently untidy. It is a huge undertaking to get my house ready for a party so that I will be satisfied with it, but I make myself do it. Sigh.

DISLIKES:

Conversations that focus on peopleís health and comfort. I donít want to hear people talk about it and I donít talk about mine.

Caretaking. I am ok at it but I prefer it when people take care of themselves.

Gossip and social drama. I do love the drama inherent in athletic competitions, however.

Thanks for your help!

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine you are a security guard at a professional football game. Describe how you would see this event. How do you imagine this situation? Tell me the story of your day at the stadium! Start at role call and go from there.

(The reason I ask this, is type me threads tend to be too narcissistic, I am trying to place you in a mundane circumstance to see how you react without the tempations of Narcissi!)
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 07-18-2012 at 08:55 PM.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Saberstorm,

Thanks for helping me with this. Your idea cracks me up because I would be the LAST person to be hired for security at a pro football game. But if that did happen, I would be all busy trying to hem up my pants because they would be too long, and then I would be all worried about how awful I looked in the uniform. I would be so not wanting to have to frisk people at the entrance, so in this scenario I get to be in the stadium where I would get to watch the game. If any of the patrons in my area were misbehaving too badly, I would eventually yell HEY at them and rely on the power of my uniform to make them behave. If that doesn't work, I will go get someone more powerful to deal with the situation. Hopefully I will get a beer and hot dog at some point in the proceedings. After a good game, in which my team wins, I go home.

TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi, welcome! Some sort of NF? I'm thinking IEE is most likely at the moment, but I'm not particularly sold on it yet. Maybe IEI too.

What sort of humour do you like?
    What do you mean by efficiency?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Conversations that focus on people’s health and comfort. I don’t want to hear people talk about it and I don’t talk about mine"

That makes me think Dynamic NF, since Si is conscious and disdained.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If itís a disease, itís nobodyís fault. Yay empiricism.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Hi, welcome! Some sort of NF? I'm thinking IEE is most likely at the moment, but I'm not particularly sold on it yet. Maybe IEI too.

What sort of humour do you like?
    What do you mean by efficiency?
    Humor: I love your drunk octopus! I love finding humor in the ridiculous things that happen in every day life. Seinfeld always makes me laugh.
    Efficiency: I always try to find the fastest way of getting a mundane job done. This comes in handy when I have put off doing chores and guests are coming in one hour. What I wish is that I could be more systematic in my approach to cleaning, so that my house is always clean. But I can't seem to find a system that I will adhere to. Distraction is also a big problem!

Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think IEE

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    "Conversations that focus on people’s health and comfort. I don’t want to hear people talk about it and I don’t talk about mine"

I just went on a trip to the beach with some friends. Three of them are LSE, EII and SLI. They were quite preoccupied with their comforts. They couldn't go anywhere without their water bottles even though the weather was mild. Every day they spent a good deal of time on their hair and makeup, even though the wind was going to blow away their efforts. Their favorite pastime was getting coffee and discussing their health. (After 2 days of this, I felt like screaming and running out of the coffee shop into the sunshine, but I didn't.) Only one friend, whose type I am not sure of, was like me, we wanted to go out and ride bikes and go to the beach. Without water bottles.

I had been considering IEE for myself, until this trip. But I had such a strong negative reaction to the comfort-oriented behavior that now I am not sure.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on this post I'm thinkin IEE.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    STRONGEST AREA: Helping other people with my ideas. I take an optimistic approach and try to encourage people in finding creative solutions to their problems: anything from the best career choice based on their aptitudes, to finding the right plant for a shady spot in the yard, to the fastest way to get from point A to point B on a trip.. (I always have ideas swirling around in my brain. Sometimes I can’t get to sleep because I can’t shut my brain off.
    - Sounds like typical Ne+Fi behaviour to me; being an idea generator that strives to help and inspire people and easily sees potentials in others.

Then I want THEM to carry out the solution. I don’t necessarily want to help them with the implementation.
    - Weak sensing / Te?

WEAKEST AREA: Procrastinating. Sometimes I delay starting projects because I can’t figure out the best approach. Sometimes I delay because of inertia. When the deadline gets impossibly close, I can churn out the work and get the job done on time. But I usually feel disappointed about things I had to leave out due to lack of time.
    - This could have to do with weak Ti? Or just irrationality in general?

Respect. I think good manners are a way to show respect to people. I dislike harshness and try never to be harsh myself. It is hard for me to watch other people being disrespected.
    - Sounds like Fi valuing to me

Efficiency. But I fear that I am not very efficient.
    - Te-hidden agenda?

Solitude. I am very friendly and I like people, but I also like being alone. I love driving while listening to music, gardening, reading (biographies and history.)
    - This could maybe indicate being an introverted subtype? Though I don't believe being a socionics extrovert necessarily means you're super social, just that your information metabolism focuses more on the external world or whatever. I guess any type can need time to be alone.

Beautiful, clean homes. Yet I hate housework and am very unorganized, so my house is frequently untidy. It is a huge undertaking to get my house ready for a party so that I will be satisfied with it, but I make myself do it. Sigh.
    - Si/Te seeking?

DISLIKES: Conversations that focus on people’s health and comfort. I don’t want to hear people talk about it and I don’t talk about mine.
    - I've understood IEEs often like to work on a relatively large psychological distance. This could maybe be it? Could also have to do with having weak Si and being frustrated about not being better at such things?

Caretaking. I am ok at it but I prefer it when people take care of themselves.
    - N > S ?

Gossip and social drama. I do love the drama inherent in athletic competitions, however.
    - Why does this sound like being the opposite of beta to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for putting in the time to help me, everyone. I am going to try looking more closely at my relationships with the types in the beta and delta quadras.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

After reading your post I realized that Delta NFs are static and Beta NFs are dynamic. I have had a little trouble understanding the significance of static and dynamic. Would you mind explaining in a little greater detail how it is manifested in the NF types with regard to Si? Like on a third grade level. *embarrassed*

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    After reading your post I realized that Delta NFs are static and Beta NFs are dynamic. I have had a little trouble understanding the significance of static and dynamic. Would you mind explaining in a little greater detail how it is manifested in the NF types with regard to Si? Like on a third grade level. *embarrassed*
    Static NFs(Ne,Fi) value Si and Te, but it's not a strength and they're unconscious functions. Whereas Dynamic NFs(Ni,Fe) don't value Si or Te, they're not strong with them, and they're conscious functions.
    Because both are NF's, Si and Te fall into the 3-4(Beta) & 5-6(Delta) spots respectively. 3-6 are as a sort of rule of thumb weak(exceptions occur). 1-4 are consciously processed. 5-8 are unconscious functions.

Thats in regards to Si. If you have more questions just in general about the significance between Static and Dynamic, just let me know.

____

Me, I fall into Beta NF. Si is my Role function. I can use it as a social mask, but in general i dont care for it and its neglected. When people bring up health and comfort, i don't really have much to add and its hard to pay serious attention. I don't think the merits outweigh the hindrances that come with that type of focus, and on top of that its boring. My brain whirls into tangents about people who have way less comfort/health due to undeserved circumstances, and it feels morally inept of myself to focus on how i could enrich my comfort when other people have it worse and are capable of not complaining about it. All in all it's Ni>Si in action.

Now, that may not really apply to you. But i felt what you said applied to me, and that's how i originally got on board with the Dynamic NF conclusion.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If itís a disease, itís nobodyís fault. Yay empiricism.