701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default texture

Which type is big on Textures of foods?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Which type is big on Textures of foods?
    ME

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*EII who is very big on texture*
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE is
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THANK YOU FOR ENLIGHTENING US SENSEI MARITSA

Next time you want to condescend by asserting your self-appointed mastery of socionics, ask even more irrelevant questions in a transparently fake attempt to engage in conversation with answers you already "know."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post

Next time you want to condescend by asserting your self-appointed mastery of socionics, ask even more irrelevant questions in a transparently fake attempt to engage in conversation with answers you already "know."
    Galen, I love you. You know that sometimes even I try to get people to think, using various deliver methods and seeing which one works best in a trial and error fashion, to see if it gets through people's thick ass heads or not.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since past attempts have proven that there is no reasoning with Maritsa, I have reported this thread as one of Maritsa's troll threads. Along with it's related trolling of Ryene in http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post894750
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post

Stop acting like krapsey.

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Since past attempts have proven that there is no reasoning with Maritsa, I have reported this thread as one of Maritsa's troll threads. Along with it's related trolling of Ryene in http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post894750
    Yes we know maritsa's methods are to a sum of us foreign and awkward, though in great light misunderstood, something we really can't deny to a large extent (despite feeling some need to preach of the assumed distasteful motivations which I suggest keeping to yourself.) The best we can do is try to treat others fairly, give people a chance to grow and express themselves.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    The best we can do is try to treat others fairly, give people a chance to grow and express themselves.
    If she were 'treating others fairly and giving people a chance to grow and express themselves' instead of trolling them,
    then I can't imagine I'd have anything to really complain about regarding her actions.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems strange to relegate taste, texture, smell, sight, or any such sensory thing to primarily or primarily ; it bypasses the "why" and "how" in favor of the "what". How do types handle different sensations, and how can this relate back to the IEs at work in their psyche?

Also, try making this without the cinnamon. Best. Thing. Ever.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am greatly confused by the input of my sensations. I purchased chairs and I have to get an opinion from everyone I know as to what color they are. I'm not comfortable living in the object driven world as it crowds and stresses me out and at the same time, I love comfortable and lovely surroundings and either appreciate someone's help with regards to it or live in a very bland environment.

I discuss my personal sentimentalities with regards to my lack of Will, or lack of correctly interpreting Se, senses or textures all the fucking time.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is my thread. I can troll what I want in my thread...idiot.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If she were 'treating others fairly and giving people a chance to grow and express themselves' instead of trolling them,
    then I can't imagine I'd have anything to really complain about regarding her actions.
    I've reported you for posting unnecessary things in my threads. Who's the bigger troll? YOU just in case you hadn't noticed.
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to say, questioning and reasoning someone's type is an entirely different act than questioning and denying their individual value (out of a mutual personal distaste.) If the forum wants to condemn her to silence, a cruel act for anyone, then there better be a pretty good reason. If she wants to spark debate about Socionics and be weird, let her, and she won't have to sacrifice her individuality just because the crowd isn't pleased. More importantly, if you think she's offending someone, let that person take it to the moderator and the facts will be judged accordingly. We don't need a mediator when no ones' feelings are in question. Right now Maritsa's threads are being closed and individuals are shutting her flame while the others let it happen, so how do you think she feels but ganged up and why do you think she's getting aggressive. Let her express herself, don't expect everyone to follow a conduct or else there's no way certain individuals can be comfortable expressing themselves in the way that's best for them, when they're being held back and insulted for being unique. This goes for anyone else, @hkkmr etc.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am greatly confused by the input of my sensations. I purchased chairs and I have to get an opinion from everyone I know as to what color they are. I'm not comfortable living in the object driven world as it crowds and stresses me out and at the same time, I love comfortable and lovely surroundings and either appreciate someone's help with regards to it or live in a very bland environment.
    So, you have difficulties seeing colors but are capable of enjoying color contrasts involving food?
    Interesting.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So, you have difficulties seeing colors but are capable of enjoying color contrasts involving food?
    Interesting.
    It's interesting because it's not uniformly one things; it's various options and possibilities.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I just want to say, questioning someone's type is an entirely different act than questioning and denying their individual value (out of a mutual personal distaste.) If the forum wants to condemn her to silence, a cruel act for anyone, then there better be a pretty good reason. If she wants to spark debate about Socionics and be weird, let her, and she won't have to sacrifice her individuality just because the crowd isn't pleased. More importantly, if you think she's offending someone, let that person take it to the moderator and the facts will be judged accordingly. We don't need a mediator when no one's feelings are in question. Right now Maritsa's threads are being closed and individuals are shutting her out while the others let it happen, so how do you think she feels but ganged up and why do you think she's getting aggressive. Let her express herself, don't expect everyone to follow a conduct or else there's no way certain individuals can be comfortable expressing themselves in the way that's best for her, when they're being held back and insulted for being unique. This goes for anyone else, @hkkmr etc.
    You are, of course, free to try to defend her from people complaining about her attacks on others.
    Just as I am free to try to defend those she attacks from her.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is my thread, so I can say it

ALL of you who I type SEE. I want you to read the physical descriptions of both IEE and EII and I want you to take a mirror and a measuring device and measure your body's perimeters and let me know if you fit the above two type's descriptions.

Take a REALLY long and hard look at yourselves that will give you objectivity if anything else.

Because nothing else seems to get through to you humans who just want to push on your will.
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are, of course, free to try to defend her from people complaining about her attacks on others.
    Just as I am free to try to defend those she attacks from her.
    You're free just as she is.

I think sometimes oversensitivity can lead to more harm, because as she questions others, all the karma from each individual and situation is coming right back onto her. It's not fair for one person to be pushed away because they don't fit in.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...back to the OP.

I've always been a fan of food textures, here are some of my favs:

EDIT: I was joking, but maybe that wasn't as obvious as I thought.
    Last edited by Pa3s; 08-06-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting because it's not uniformly one things; it's various options and possibilities.
    It's interesting because they both involve seeing colors; and how you choose to interpret the ability of seeing colors depending on what you're attempting to 'prove' atm of your statements.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Target here sells little baguettes for about $1. They're crusty, a bit coarser than typical sliced bread. Absolutely great with soup.

Also, greek yogurt is a great substitute for heavy whipping cream in smoothies. And frozen banana + vanilla protein powder + milk = smoothie that tastes like banana pudding. Ridiculously silky and creamy. Just don't make more than you (or you and a friend) will consume at once. It separates in a rather ugly fashion once placed in the fridge.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    ...back to the OP.

I've always been a fan of food textures, here are some of my favs:

Yes. I personally notice texture easier than I do taste. (which may be one reason I suck at cooking, lol. As long as the texture is good, I'll probably eat it. If the texture isn't, ick.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is so laughable.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's interesting because they both involve seeing colors; and how you choose to interpret the ability of seeing colors depending on what you're attempting to 'prove' atm of your statements.
    It's something more than color, it's the idea of the two in combination with one another.
    -

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's ok to discuss things which you have had problems with other members over.

I think food texture is quite important, but I would say it would be difficult for me to understand the significance of it without being exposed to a large amount of food.

If food becomes important to you, eventually texture will become important. I know of some individuals who prefer whipped, pureed food such as hummus, dips and shakes, etc. While others prefer chewy doughy foods such as bread, certain cuts of meet like hanger steak or flank steak and chewy candy. There are other textures which I've found are more cultural.

As far as general patterns for food relating to texture, I would say it may not be consistant as far as typing is concerned.

Take two bite size piece of grilled wagyu at $75 dollars a plate, which was served by a EIE chef/restaurant, it's as tender(if not more so) as the 10 pound brisket which was cooked by a SLI chef sold at $10 a pound.(yes these are real examples I'm bringing up of very different contrast)

The texture is similar but not the same, but there are huge difference in what each product means information-ally as a conscious creation from the different individuals. As a whole these foods are also enjoyed by people outside of their quadra but yet there is still a significant preference of certain quadras vs other quadras. We should be careful not to categorize things without looking at the whole picture, or at least casting the situation in a larger context. Sometimes the conclusions will remain the same, other times it will change very significantly.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post

I think food texture is quite important, but I would say it would be difficult for me to understand the significance of it without being exposed to a large amount of food.

If food becomes important to you, eventually texture will become important. I know of some individuals who prefer whipped, pureed food such as hummus, dips and shakes, etc. While others prefer chewy doughy foods such as bread, certain cuts of meet like hanger steak or flank steak and chewy candy. There are other textures which I've found are more cultural.

As far as general patterns for food relating to texture, I would say it may not be consistant as far as typing is concerned.

Take two bite size piece of grilled wagyu at $75 dollars a plate, which was served by a EIE chef/restaurant, it's as tender(if not more so) as the 10 pound brisket which was cooked by a SLI chef sold at $10 a pound.(yes these are real examples I'm bringing up of very different contrast)

The texture is similar but not the same, but there are huge difference in what each product means information-ally as a conscious creation from the different individuals. As a whole these foods are also enjoyed by people outside of their quadra but yet there is still a significant preference of certain quadras vs other quadras. We should be careful not to categorize things without looking at the whole picture, or at least casting the situation in a larger context. Sometimes the conclusions will remain the same, other times it will change very significantly.
    Alas, I cannot both click both "like" and "constructive". Kind of a pity we're just talking about food, though. Maybe we need a thread for other textures as well (to post what we enjoy, not to pin it on a type).
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for comparison Martisa but your methods of typing people remind me of those of ******'s. You don't have blue eyes and blond hair? Fuck off. You like textures? You are SEE - fuck off.
    IDK it's stupid, laughable and annoying at the same time. And there's actually no hope it's going to change .

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll accept this, and will keep it in mind regarding future threads.

i think, for me, the texture I might seek depends on the mood I'm in. Am I in the mood for something creamy? Crunchy? Chewy? And if I'm expecting something to be creamy (say cream of wheat or pudding) and there are lumps that shouldn't be there, I likely won't eat it.

Yeah, I think this falls in with what Ryene said about the How, Why, and What.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    Sorry for comparison Martisa but your methods of typing people remind me of those of ******'s. You don't have blue eyes and blond hair? Fuck off. You like textures? You are SEE - fuck off.
    IDK it's stupid, laughable and annoying at the same time. And there's actually no hope it's going to change .
    ****** is banned from the 16types, when we discuss atrocious EIE's we will use Jiang Qing... <--- She's sending in the red guard...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiang Qing quote of the day
    There cannot be peaceful coexistence in the ideological realm. Peaceful coexistence corrupts.
    Unfortuately, she doesn't have many quotes, considering she's one of the most hated individuals of the Chinese Revolution.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

****** is banned from the 16types
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)