Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 91

Thread: SEI-ness

  1. #1
    Killer of DJA's Fun fen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SEI-ness

    Although I find SEI is a pretty likely type for myself, a good number of people disagree and assert I'm IEE. So I will contrast them.
    When I look at the evidence for SEI...it just makes more sense than any other type, relationship-wise, dichotomy-wise, temperament-wise, almost everything-wise.

    Dichotomies I Am Certain I Relate To
    *bolded dichotomies are not consistent with IEE typing
    - introverted
    - ethical
    - irrational
    - negativist
    - declaring
    - democratic
    - yielding
    - judicious

    I'm not certain about process/result. And I THINK I'm emotivist > constructivist.
    As far as cognitive styles go, I know @hitta and I both agree Dialectical-Algorithmic makes the most sense.

    I'm very skeptical of being IEE because when I think of Ne base types, they are much more involved with the world in a way that I'm not, but admire and would like to be. It's like, even when I am aware of opportunities, which I'm not sure I do, I kinda...struggle to involve myself. I WANT to involve myself, but just don't for whatever reason. It's like I don't know how to deal with the world in that way. I'm a very adaptive person; I'd sooner adapt myself to another person or situation than push to change anything. That sounds pretty terrible in a way, but as far as Darwinism goes, it could be a good thing. Since it isn't about the survival of the "fittest" so much as the most adaptable. Though this does lead to a questioning of who I really am frequently.

    I think a large reason I thought I was Ne-ego was because I can extrapolate and think of lots of possibilites and outcomes, and choose accordingly (although I am not good at making those choices because I see so many outcomes but I'm not certain which to choose, regardless) -- but this is simply negativism. Once I came to this realization, SEI seemed a more possible typing, and given how I have always been, I just...there's no way I'm an extrovert.

    When @thePirate and @woofwoofl typed me SEI, I kinda thought "meh" at first; I didn't really see why. But once I learned more about negativism, it just kinda made sense.
    When I think about myself as a child and my hobbies...I would draw floorplans of my house or room...all the different ways to place the furniture, looking for the best way. I'd draw garden layouts too. And in 7th grade I started teaching myself photoshop and did so pretty successfully. When I think of other potentially Si-ish things I do, I also think of how I can recreate sensations in my body by thinking about a time and place. When I think about 5 years ago when I would go to the park with Lane at night and lie in the grass, I can relive how the environment affected me vividly -- because environment does affect how you feel; like the vibe you get...the overall impression internalized, like when you walk into your childhood home, you can almost feel how you felt as a child; the same experience in your body -- and listening to music I listened to in these periods can help the intensity of the "re-living" experience. I don't know if this is Si-ish or not.

    As far as IEI, I am pretty sure I'm not. I don't think I am decisive; I don't think I am positivist; I don't think I am asking.

    What I am largely curious of...is why Ne ego makes sense for me, supposedly, since some people are sticking to that typing, despite the fact that I am nothing like any of the Ne-egos on the forum.

    I fear negativism is being mistaken for intuition.
    Or I'm just bonkers.

    Thanks.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.


  2. #2
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you can be one, imo

    but i think intuition > sensing

    ps. WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT REININ FFS

  3. #3
    Killer of DJA's Fun fen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    you can be one, imo

    but i think intuition > sensing

    ps. WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT REININ FFS
    How can I be an intuitive SEI?

    ps. I dunno what to go off of other than Reinin! :s and general dichotomies.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.


  4. #4
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ime, the reinin dichotomies don't work with most peoples' type, even if you ask everyone in the forum. Going around typing and dividing people into negativist or positivist misses the point of socionics in the first place and ends up being just a trivial guessing game. Imo the four cognitive styles should be alpha, beta, gamma and delta.

  5. #5
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    How can I be an intuitive SEI?
    ur a unique snowflake, the first and only of your kind.

    ps. I dunno what to go off of other than Reinin! :s and general dichotomies.
    quadras, clubs, temperaments & intertype relations; the rest is bunk until proven otherwise.

  6. #6
    Killer of DJA's Fun fen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I will never be certain.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.


  7. #7
    Esaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reinin dichotomies only^2 get in the way if you are typing other people by limited observation. Then you can be easily led astray by normal variation in behavior and idiosyncrasy.
    If you are confident on what side of dichotomy you are, based on large experience, that is good information for self typing.

    "As far as IEI, I am pretty sure I'm not. I don't think I am decisive; I don't think I am positivist; I don't think I am asking."
    -This sounds weak, though. Because that seams to go in to comparing non obvious features externally.

    The parts of the post where you talked about actual behaviors and experiences did sound Si to me.

  8. #8
    Feel God's Thunder Azure Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Jesus
    TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Posts
    1,539
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Ime, the reinin dichotomies don't work with most peoples' type, even if you ask everyone in the forum. Going around typing and dividing people into negativist or positivist misses the point of socionics in the first place and ends up being just a trivial guessing game. Imo the four cognitive styles should be alpha, beta, gamma and delta.
    I might actually agree with this. I match the reinin dichotomies of LIE but just the overall idea of an SLE sounds so much more appealing to me.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings



    Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

  9. #9
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,613
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i like it a lot more than iei but its a struggle for me to not see you as fi ego. also you say you're unlike other ne egos on the forum but i disagree. i see you as somewhat similar to slacker and cili.

  10. #10
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    because I can extrapolate and think of lots of possibilites and outcomes, and choose accordingly (although I am not good at making those choices because I see so many outcomes but I'm not certain which to choose, regardless) -- but this is simply negativism.
    Well, I have never been able to do this. Possibilities, outcomes, opportunities have been largely non-existent to me. Even the whole concept of it. When an Ne ego give me even the slightest hint of a "what if" I feel like they have told me some hidden secret.

  11. #11
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see you as IEE.


    in a different story, you and park would be so darn cute together.

  12. #12
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,700
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Dichotomies I Am Certain I Relate To
    *bolded dichotomies are not consistent with IEE typing
    - introverted
    - ethical
    - irrational
    - negativist
    - declaring
    - democratic
    - yielding
    - judicious
    Nooo we're supposed to be twins!!! Seriously though try not to take the dichotomy to literally as I`d probably be introverted, democratic and yielding in the renin dichotomies as well and yet I`m still Ne-IEE. I think what the Poli and the others said about not taking renin dichotomies too seriously is very important. To be honest I completely ignore them because I think they cause more harm than good when typing yourself and others.

    Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    I'm very skeptical of being IEE because when I think of Ne base types, they are much more involved with the world in a way that I'm not, but admire and would like to be. It's like, even when I am aware of opportunities, which I'm not sure I do, I kinda...struggle to involve myself. I WANT to involve myself, but just don't for whatever reason. It's like I don't know how to deal with the world in that way. I'm a very adaptive person; I'd sooner adapt myself to another person or situation than push to change anything. That sounds pretty terrible in a way, but as far as Darwinism goes, it could be a good thing. Since it isn't about the survival of the "fittest" so much as the most adaptable. Though this does lead to a questioning of who I really am frequently.
    I can relate to this a lot as well and it must be a 9 thing like Ashton mentioned. I'm still stuck on you being Fi-IEE, but I'll be open to you being SEI. This is most likely enneagram related and not Socionics related at all imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    I think a large reason I thought I was Ne-ego was because I can extrapolate and think of lots of possibilites and outcomes, and choose accordingly (although I am not good at making those choices because I see so many outcomes but I'm not certain which to choose, regardless) -- but this is simply negativism. Once I came to this realization, SEI seemed a more possible typing, and given how I have always been, I just...there's no way I'm an extrovert.
    Alright, I think there's a lot more to being ego then just thinking of possibilities and outcomes as other types are capable of that. However I think what separates ego from the other types that do this is the tendency to be more likely to consider other possibilities and outcomes that other types would consider as rubbish. Also, even though not well known being able to notice the possibilities that are not plausible or ludicrous can also be seen as an ego trait imo. Anyways, I won't completely deny the possibility of you being SEI, but I think you should just look at yourself in a more concrete way and try not to give too much credence to the renin dichotomies.
    Last edited by Raver; 07-16-2012 at 08:10 PM.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-4w5-9w1

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Moons of Uranus
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    629
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rest assured... IEE-

  14. #14
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would advise you to get acquainted with some of the SEIs and IEEs on the forum via PM or chat. This sub-forum, IMO, has ceased being helpful in terms of helping someone to get to their type and is probably going to set you back in this regard. You are better off reviewing the information on your own and making the best decision you can from it. I still think you could go either way, but SEI seems more plausible at this point for a number of reasons. I would be interested in hearing the reasons why people see Fen as intuitive, and also perhaps pointing out the posts in where she shows strong Ne?
    Last edited by thePirate; 07-16-2012 at 10:21 PM.

  15. #15
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  16. #16
    Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    POOPLAIR
    TIM
    Alpha NT 5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    4,399
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I can easily recall and recreate past sensations and body states quite well, too—I'd be genuinely surprised by anyone who told me they couldn't. So I'm not sure why this would be suggestive of Si ego.
    Hmm, I get your point, but personally I have trouble doing this with any clarity. The recollection feels vague and mythical, like a dream almost. What's probably more relevant is being able to regulate the sensory environment to engender particular sensations in others, something I don't do well. The things I tend to direct attention to are ideas over the horizon, and that causes strain/ignorance of the present sensations, even if people usually don't mind.

  17. #17
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,613
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I would be interested in hearing the reasons why people see Fen as intuitive, and also perhaps pointing out the posts in where she shows strong Ne?
    this might be a decent point because its Fi that strikes me and what i think could be Ne could just as easily be 9-ness - going back and forth on things and not settling on a position, mostly.

    i've been thinking of her as IEE so long that it would be hard for me to shift my brain but now i'm curious about this too, how people see Ne in her and differentiate it from her being a 9. @labster? anyone? i don't know, it would take a strong argument to convince me she's Fe>Fi too though.

  18. #18
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now that he has been mentioned, wasn't CILi also caught up between IEE and SEI at some point? Or was it just how some people on here typed him?

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    what i think could be Ne could just as easily be 9-ness - going back and forth on things and not settling on a position, mostly.
    That could also be p-related, as in my case (imho). I always have this shadow of a doubt about most issues that'll never vanish. But it also keeps you critical about things and you don't become too dogmatic, so it also has its good sides.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  19. #19
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,966
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Hmm, I get your point, but personally I have trouble doing this with any clarity. The recollection feels vague and mythical, like a dream almost. What's probably more relevant is being able to regulate the sensory environment to engender particular sensations in others, something I don't do well. The things I tend to direct attention to are ideas over the horizon, and that causes strain/ignorance of the present sensations, even if people usually don't mind.
    I still type her IEI with a chance of another NF. But IMO, this capability could be explained by in the mental ring, as all dynamic types have in the mental ring. From my experiences with her, she is introverted, yielding, decisive(I'll get to this in a sec), irrational.

    The reasons I see her as decisive is because although her type indecision which she goes thru seems indecisive. She mobilizes on her decisions when she makes them, even if she doubts them later on. IMO she also exhibits a sort of IEI push pull behavior IRL where she will give one signal then withdraws due to uncertainty.

  20. #20
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    when i look at CILi and other ENFps i see this self-confident ability to control the sense of charm they exude, using just the right expressions and idioms in a slightly quirky way that suggests they're not afraid of being looked at as different. i guess in Fen i'm missing the same sense of self-security? like she's more inclined to play it safe where her mannerisms are concerned? more dependent on external validation maybe?

  21. #21
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^_^ I wish I knew more about socionics these days.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  22. #22
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Hmm, I get your point, but personally I have trouble doing this with any clarity. The recollection feels vague and mythical, like a dream almost. What's probably more relevant is being able to regulate the sensory environment to engender particular sensations in others, something I don't do well. The things I tend to direct attention to are ideas over the horizon, and that causes strain/ignorance of the present sensations, even if people usually don't mind.
    Same. Like, I can kind of see it vaguely in my head, but unless someone is doing a guided visualization thing ("now feel the sun on your back") it's all very one-dimensional and usually only involves one sense at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  23. #23
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Well, I have never been able to do this. Possibilities, outcomes, opportunities have been largely non-existent to me. Even the whole concept of it. When an Ne ego give me even the slightest hint of a "what if" I feel like they have told me some hidden secret.
    Same here. Sometimes (usually when I'm bored and/or concerned about the future) I would immerse myself in deep thought and try to do this, but I usually come up with zilch. When someone else suggests an appealing possibility or an interesting idea, I feel like they've opened my eyes and I try to concretize it by planning the steps that would put me in a position to make it real. For some people this comes very naturally, and they are able to connect things and see how different possibilities will play out down the road, and it's a main theme that attracts me to Ne egos. And it's why I see my socionics dual as someone who's an inexhaustible "idea generator", among other things.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    in a different story, you and park would be so darn cute together.
    Park approves of this story.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  24. #24
    Creepy-female

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    when i look at CILi and other ENFps i see this self-confident ability to control the sense of charm they exude, using just the right expressions and idioms in a slightly quirky way that suggests they're not afraid of being looked at as different. i guess in Fen i'm missing the same sense of self-security? like she's more inclined to play it safe where her mannerisms are concerned? more dependent on external validation maybe?
    I tend to think of this as Fen being a typical 19 yr old and going thru the unsure process that a lot of us go through when we're trying to figure out where we fit. I feel like a lot of the contrasts people bring up re type actually have more to do with difference in age and life experience than anything else. Even a couple years can make a difference in a person's bearing or outlook.

    There's also the time period where people go a lil crazy when they first get here or start to establish themselves here. It usually passes. This place is as much a support system as it is a theoretical thumping ground.

    In a couple years Fen will no longer be a sweet young indecisive thang, but a charming hardened old geezer.

  25. #25
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I tend to think of this as Fen being a typical 19 yr old and going thru the unsure process that a lot of us go through when we're trying to figure out where we fit. I feel like a lot of the contrasts people bring up re type actually have more to do with difference in age and life experience than anything else. Even a couple years can make a difference in a person's bearing or outlook.

    There's also the time period where people go a lil crazy when they first get here or start to establish themselves here. It usually passes. This place is as much a support system as it is a theoretical thumping ground.

    In a couple years Fen will no longer be a sweet young indecisive thang, but a charming hardened old geezer.
    that makes sense. i've suggested to her before that this was the reason when she compared herself to glam and found herself to be quieter and less socially confident than her. age can make a lot of difference.

  26. #26
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  27. #27
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is a hypnotist show tonight at my school, and I tried to ask if this chick I know wanted to go. She got a little shy and looked down at her computer and said she knows nothing about hypnotism, so I was like ): and didn't pressure her.

    The problem was, I could have easily asked her out to dinner as an alternate plan, but I was so focused on the ONE thing that I wanted to do. I did not even consider other possibilities until later. This is how I see my lack of Ne manifested.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  28. #28
    Generator of Irony HandiAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    TIM
    Irrelevant
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like to type people based on just their nature and not so much their individual actions and decisions. For example people just type me an Ne-ego or IEE not because I fit all sorts of detailed descriptions on the superpowers of Ne or whatever function have you, but because I just have this "thing" about me. This "thing" seems to either attract or repel people from me, no matter how hard I try I act unlike myself.

    You're difficult to type, fenryrr, which could be attributed to you going through a quarter-life crisis of some sort and so you are unsure what defines yourself as a person. This uncertainty might make you think that you're an Ni-ego, though you have met someone who think IEI is your type.

    I've noticed that you have this thing when people start throwing around potentially offensive remarks and you call out their name as if you were their mother. I'm not sure what could point to and I don't know how often or for how long you've been doing that for.

  29. #29
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    fenryrr is EII; get over it blind crawling creatures.
    </thread>

    Two other examples: CiLi, Shayley/Suzzy - both used to have posted videos on the forum, too. Unfortunately, I can't use their self-typing in support, I remember they were living in chronic doubt, likely they don't type themselves as such anymore...
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  30. #30
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    re: Alpha SF typings

    i would have a hard time seeing Fen as any Sensing type. she often seems a bit absorbed & distracted, withdrawn, and "removed" from her environment instead of naturally & comfortably aware of and situated in it. i would not describe her as a "hands-on" kind of person.

  31. #31
    Feel God's Thunder Azure Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Jesus
    TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Posts
    1,539
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can kinda see you as SEI... not that I have any idea what an SEI looks like.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings



    Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    re: Alpha SF typings

    i would have a hard time seeing Fen as any Sensing type. she often seems a bit absorbed & distracted, withdrawn, and "removed" from her environment instead of naturally & comfortably aware of and situated in it. i would not describe her as a "hands-on" kind of person.
    Just leave typings to SEE people although I don't see Parkster's type yet in here. I think I'm going to create a thread in which I'm going to type people, I don't see a single one thread on this site that actually offers such services.
    Last edited by Absurd; 07-22-2012 at 08:03 PM.

  33. #33
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    she often seems a bit absorbed & distracted, withdrawn, and "removed" from her environment instead of naturally & comfortably aware of and situated in it.
    That's actually consistent with Jung's Introverted Sensing. But I see what you're saying on the whole, and seeing Fen on video I'd have a hard time imagining her as a practical, hands-on type of person. Which is what Si egos are supposedly like.
    Last edited by Park; 07-23-2012 at 01:32 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  34. #34
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why not EII?

  35. #35
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Why not EII?
    Because I'm not LSE.

    Why not Ti-IEE for you?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  36. #36
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Because I'm not LSE.

    Why not Ti-IEE for you?
    What? I wasn't responding to you, but the OP. Fen seems more EII than SEI.

  37. #37
    Killer of DJA's Fun fen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    What? I wasn't responding to you, but the OP. Fen seems more EII than SEI.
    Parkster's type is the dual of mine, always.
    Since he says he is not LSE I cannot be EII.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.


  38. #38
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Parkster's type is the dual of mine, always.
    Since he says he is not LSE I cannot be EII.
    Ohhh gotcha. And he suggested I be a dual of his? :\ Can't really see that.

  39. #39
    Esaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    That's actually consistent with Jung's Introverted Sensing. But I see what you're saying on the whole, and seeing Fen on video I'd have a hard time imagining her as a practical, hands-on type of person. Which is what Si egos are supposedly like.
    umm, Why are talking about what are Si supposedly like if you self type Si base Si subtype? You are kinda supposed to have a strong opinion on what your main informational element is like.

  40. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Why not Ti-IEE for you?
    What the fuck is Ti-IEE. IEE is Ti polr by definition.

    Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Parkster's type is the dual of mine, always.
    Since he says he is not LSE I cannot be EII.
    If Parkster's type is the dual of yours, always, and he is not LSE and you self-type SEI, then Parkster's type is ILE, always.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •