Thread: What is a good day for you?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is a good day for you?

What constitutes a good day for you?

In a nutshell, a good day is one where I am physically active during the day and I have time for the evening to relax.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good day if things work out the way I planned, positive surprises included.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good day if i chose to feel good about it.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good day is one where I manage to accomplish something that I know I need to accomplish, where I actually seem to get started and not super late like 8 in the evening, but actually much earlier. I didn't leave the "house" yesterday or the day before and there are things I need to be getting done (outside of the house) that already I have taken too long to get to. And I guess I was hoping that I would be inspired to begin. It seems things always get in the way though, like feeling like I don't really want to, or it can be done later still, or staying up too late and then waking up too early so my mind is lost in a semi-conscious sea... for instance now I think I may just go back to bed, although perhaps maybe I should just leave the house even if I feel shitty and am not sure I can get through the day. It's all further complicated by how the buses don't run on Sunday.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    What constitutes a good day for you?

In a nutshell, a good day is one where I am physically active during the day and I have time for the evening to relax.
    Generally it's a day where I'm happy all day. I'm sort of really affected by my moods when it comes to how good at things I am. For example when I'm angry it's a sure bet I'm going to perform any daily task, including errands, interpersonal interactions, or video games poorly. You name it, I'm bad at it when I'm upset or distressed in any way.

I'm amazing when I'm in a good mood though.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    It's a good day if i chose to feel good about it.
    Wait, you can choose whether or not you want to feel good about something? That's totally out of my hands!

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    Wait, you can choose whether or not you want to feel good about something? That's totally out of my hands!
    Id like to think i control my mind, and not that my mind controls me.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, my good days are when I let it be.. infact even if it's a shitty day. once I'm home in bed. I feel fine about it. unless something tragic happened

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't even have to use his AK. How about that.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My day is good when I put in a good amount of effort and accomplish everything I expected of myself to a degree I'm happy with. The day generally ends with me being physically tired somehow, it's a good sign that I've exerted myself to positive ends.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    It's a good day if things work out the way I planned, positive surprises included.
    same here.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and then on good days I come home to my boyfriend and we cuddle naked on the couch
    so far not too many good days no

a good day is one that ends without me feeling that i have an energetic surplus.i want to be doing things that involve movement (like long fast-paced walks).of course it would be ideal if i strived towards making any moves that would lead me to leave the country before WW3 or a bankruptcy,such as finding an internship in england or germany.my mum is paranoid about that stuff.i should prolly start looking even though i'm too friggin bored.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i've done what I could to make it a good day.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I get up early and go right into my day's priorities, with no lofty expectations, and then I can fully appreciate whatever pleasant surprises might happen with that day, for example, an unexpected a sign of affection from the man I love, a spontaneous good moment with my son or an appreciation for who he is or is becoming, an unexpected compliment from a friend or a stranger, an appreciation for something beautiful outdoors - the colors in the sky or the clearness of the atmosphere, the scent in the air after a rain, or the sounds birds or the appearance of them swooping nearby, or looking up to see a deer looking at me, or the sense of the presence of God at Mass. Not usually all in the same day! But one of these can make my day.

Here is an unexpected moment that made my day - my week, really. This week I subbed a day at an art camp at a school I usually sub at. Summer subbing is new for me, and I was glad to be asked. I cherished the opportunity to have more relaxed-time with children who usually have a strict agenda during the schoolyear (this district is very academically oriented); an opportunity to just "be with" them and appreciate who they are. Several girls flocked over to sit at my table instead of play a game across the room. We sat sketching, talking about what we were drawing, and they revealed little things about themselves and what they liked, but mostly we just worked peacefully and quietly. "Shh!" said one, as we worked, "Pretend they aren't there!" She told this to her friend who was looking over at the charades game. A bit later I realized, when she surprised me pleasantly by saying, "You are a great substitute!" that that conversation had been about their decision to leave the gave and come over and be with me, and she wanted her friend to enjoy our moment with each other, not wonder about the game. That was a real compliment, and one of those unexpected surprises that makes my day.

(As a substitute, in and out of other peoples classrooms and lives and routines every day, I get very little notice and validation for my work and efforts, and I expect none. My focus as the always-newcomer (though I am familiar face in my district) is on fitting in, getting the job done efficiently with as little stress and interference to their routine as possible. So when I do get appreciation or validation, I am surprised and I cherish it. My thing is to try to be peaceful, calm and validating, and its usually one of those things that someone appreciates. I think there is a great need for those things, so its my quiet little contribution).